Robbie Farah dropped to reserve grade

Status
Not open for further replies.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I don't have a high opinion of Taylor but it is a courageous decision.

Farah is only interested in himself. I'm not sure how he's going to cope with life after football when he has no attention. Can't forgot that origin where we still had a chance of winning but Farah lost the ball because he was too busy abusing a touch judge.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There's an article today saying that Farah can't play with the halves.

Taylor: ‘Farah can’t play with young guns
By Staff Writers
July 21, 2016

TIGERS coach Jason Taylor has revealed that former captain Robbie Farah has been dropped to reserve grade because he isn’t compatible with the club’s young playmakers.

Speaking candidly to the media following his decision to drop the Blues hooker, Taylor cited a lack of on-field chemistry as the only reason for the demotion.

“We’ve got too many cooks spoiling the broth,” Taylor said on Thursday.

“It’s purely based on that. Robbie Farah is the NSW State of Origin hooker, he’s a Wests Tigers great, he’s a great player but it’s just not working for us at the moment in regards to the cohesion of our team.

“I’m still not comfortable with where we are on the ladder (11th, 7-10).

“In my opinion we should be further up with the squad we’ve got and I’ve been brought here to get this team going in the right direction and tough decisions need to be made.”

Less than two weeks after running out for NSW in the final State of Origin clash for the year, Farah will lineup for the Wests Tigers NSW Cup side to face Newtown at Leichardt Oval on Saturday afternoon.

And despite the demotion, Taylor still insists that he still expects Farah to be at the club next year.

“Robbie’s very disappointed and I’ve had a chat to him this morning and his attitude is he’s going to get on with it and he’s going to do it with a smile on his face,” Taylor said.

“Robbie’s got a contract for next season so we’re expecting him to be here.

“Robbie will be considered for selection every week. We’ll get through this weekend’s game and we’ll assess how this decision went.”
http://rugbyleagueweek.com.au/farah-cant-play-young-guns/

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
I was noticing recently tigers look better when farrah was out of the side during origin. Most overrated player ever imo.

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I don't have a high opinion of Taylor but it is a courageous decision.

Farah is only interested in himself. I'm not sure how he's going to cope with life after football when he has no attention. Can't forgot that origin where we still had a chance of winning but Farah lost the ball because he was too busy abusing a touch judge.
He has a restaurant doesn't he? He'll probably stay at peoples tables telling them stories of how he won the 2014 SOO series.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
He has a restaurant doesn't he? He'll probably stay at peoples tables telling them stories of how he won the 2014 SOO series.
I think I read on here that it's not around anymore but not 100% sure. He's such a drama queen, what will he do when Weedler doesn't want to speak to him anymore.

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Apparently Farah took it like a bitch when Taylor broke the news to him, storming into the Chairmans office and then ditching training in a huff.

That's how I imagined him reacting to the news.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I feel a bit sorry for Taylor.

The Tigers are only using him to get rid of Farrar.

When and if he completes this task I have no doubt he will be out on his ar$e as well.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The tigers should of fucked Robbie off when Benji left. Said it back then. Club would of been in a much stronger position.. though who gives a fuck really, does anyone even like the tigers?
truth be told I supported Tigers as a kid 88 to 90 cos i was a massive Pearce fan and Gary Freeman.
Jumped on Dogs when Pearce retired in 90...1991 and counting
When the tigers lose, he always looks like he's going to cry.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I thought Farah was playing not to bad off the bench recently..should've never been in Origin though.. I honestly believe if they chose Ennis..in his current form..the Blues would've won the series.. Ennis had played with a lot of the forwards..both at the Doggies and Sharks..and has a great combo with Maloney.. Anyway interesting times ahead in Tiger Town..

DrBulldog

Waterboy
Reaction score
the untold story on why things went side ways.
when taylor came into as head coach he put all these guys on dumb gluten free diets, all this bullshit which basically caused most of the player to have no energy game day etc due to low carb shit. as the crap went on, the players went to robbie as the captain to speak to the coach. as a good captain he took the concerns to the coach and instead of taylor listening, he thinks farah is undermining him and that is how it started (about mid 1st season).on another note, into the game day half time, there has been instances where on the losing half, at half time taylor would not even say one word for the entire half time break that how shit of a coach he is.
now im no robbie fan or west tigers obviously lol however the real problem is taylor and the shit he brings to the team. Robbie is easy top 17 in that team and taylor is an idiot.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Jason Taylor does remind me of a chihuahua. I don't think he would look out of place wearing a pink studded collar and a tutu
I think something like these would be nice .....

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Looks like Farah has broken his silence basically saying the dropping was at least partly personal (source MMM about an hour ago).

This airing of dirty laundry is not cool. I would be really passed off if the dogs board/coach/players etc did this.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Looks like Farah has broken his silence basically saying the dropping was at least partly personal (source MMM about an hour ago).

This airing of dirty laundry is not cool. I would be really passed off if the dogs board/coach/players etc did this.
100%. Just goes to show you how much a "team" man he is. Yes he probably has been duded, but his club are on the eve of a do or die game and he wants to have a cry in the media. He could have waited until after the game, but now all the talk is about him.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Lets face it Taylor is publicly being nice to Farah blaming his style not suiting them but blind freddy knows the real issue is Farah being a divisive trouble maker at the club and bad for the culture

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
maybe he did this now that they are playing some crap teams, like he wouldnt do this going up to townsville and get destroyed 50-0

Status
Not open for further replies.