Reaction score
He was playing really good footy before he got injured
Some people short memory’s,
Hence his selection in the kiwis team where he got injured

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He was literally our best lol.

These apparent defensive issues are an absolute myth. His tackling efficiency % was higher than every other back rower in our squad, CHN included.
Yup

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Being a bad trainer doesn’t necessarily mean you are overweight but how you apply yourself at training. Physique isn’t the only factor. Anyway it might just be nonsense and Martin kicks on to be an Origin player this year.
Bra U don't lose 10kg of fat and turn it into muscle for being lazy at training.. who knows he may just be one of those smart arses who doesn't like authority.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He was playing really good footy before he got injured
Some people short memory’s,
Hence his selection in the kiwis team where he got injured
Nobody is saying his shit.. just reckon there are better players now that are better suitd in his position atm.

The biggest problem for me with rfm is he hardly runs a good line, doesn't know which pass is his and doesn't know how to use his outside men.

Now That's pretty effin crucial to an attacking team.

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nobody is saying his shit.. just reckon there are better players now that are better suitd in his position atm.

The biggest problem for me with rfm is he hardly runs a good line, doesn't know which pass is his and doesn't know how to use his outside men.

Now That's pretty effin crucial to an attacking team.
So in a team that was ranked near last for tackle breaks in the 2018 season you want to bench the player that had the most tackle breaks in there team. Yep thats a really great idea.

Daustin

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
looking at our forward pack we are starting to look fairly intimidating again. Napa, Sue, Ogden, RFM, Renouf, CHN are all big boys and pretty mobile as well. Throw in Jackson, Martin and Elliot who all have a bit of ballplaying in them and then Tolman who is a toiler (which every team needs) and we look like a really well rounded and aggressive forward pack that could take it to any team if they click. Definately going to be hard to find spots for everyone but i would love to see:

8. Napa
10. Tolman
11. Jackson
12. CHN
13. Elliot

15. Martin
16. RFM
17. Sue/ Renouf

Possibly even fit them both in without carrying the utility player on the bench as we have Jackson, CHN who could possibly shuffle somewhere else if need be. Very positive signs ahead

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
So in a team that was ranked near last for tackle breaks in the 2018 season you want to bench the player that had the most tackle breaks in there team. Yep thats a really great idea.
Play the tackle breaker who runs sideways and bench a player that will most probably score more points and run better plays? Even better Idea.. lol

Dogzzz of War

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
RFM will struggle in the middle based on what I’ve seen of him. Unless he hardens up and improves fitness, he will not cope.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Play the tackle breaker who runs sideways and bench a player that will most probably score more points and run better plays? Even better Idea.. lol
The runs sideways narrative is just stupid. He was making more metres per run than any of our other backrowers and most of our props

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The runs sideways narrative is just stupid. He was making more metres per run than any of our other backrowers and most of our props
Brahhh… The Kid never looks to his outside and runs away from his outside options almost every run... He runs in looking to create by bouncing and brushing players off which almost always results into a shit offload because everyone is like where and what the fcuk is going on. Surely u cant deny that and surely u can see he would be better off coming on through the middle causing devo and momentum change...

Hold on, I think I can still see Jmoz holding his arms up...

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
RFM will struggle in the middle based on what I’ve seen of him. Unless he hardens up and improves fitness, he will not cope.
Oh his fitness will need to improve regardless considering his got virtually no game time under his belt for almost a yr...

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Brahhh… The Kid never looks to his outside and runs away from his outside options almost every run... He runs in looking to create by bouncing and brushing players off which almost always results into a shit offload because everyone is like where and what the fcuk is going on. Surely u cant deny that and surely u can see he would be better off coming on through the middle causing devo and momentum change...

Hold on, I think I can still see Jmoz holding his arms up...
Garbage. Sure he drifted in field but it was hardly anywhere bear as bad as you lot are trying to make up, he also spent the bulk of his development as a right edge player and not left. And no his offloads weren't shit, what garbage. I also have no issue with him playing through the middle or an edge, but anyone talking shit about him is taking the piss, was arguably our best forward when fit and at worst our second best.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Garbage. Sure he drifted in field but it was hardly anywhere bear as bad as you lot are trying to make up, he also spent the bulk of his development as a right edge player and not left. And no his offloads weren't shit, what garbage. I also have no issue with him playing through the middle or an edge, but anyone talking shit about him is taking the piss, was arguably our best forward when fit and at worst our second best.
Dude the argument here is whether his style is better suited to the left edge or the middle. In no way is anyone calling him shit just simply putting him in a position which is best for the team. The fact anyone is getting their heart shot over that is miserably annoying.....

Last edited:

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Dean Pay will pick a team that suits what he has in mind. The starting team of forwards need to be the more rugged defenders.
Players like Sue, Ogden, Jackson, Tolman, Napa, Lichaa are probably best suited to the run on side for at least 20 minutes.
Fualolo, Elliott, RFM, CHN, Smith, are better suited to the bench.

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How this is even up for discussion is mind boggling. If Pay is even considering not starting RFM and having him play 80 most weeks then he has rocks in his head. And yes your right his actually more suited to the right edge not the left. Maybe put CHN on the left edge RFM on the right. There our edge backrowers its that simple. Its beyond belief people think otherwise.

RFM most tackle breaks in our team, most explosive player in our team, best footwork and only forward with an offload. Not to mention has the biggest body of all our backrowers.

CHN line speed in def is second only to Jackson. In 2017 season when he 1st starting in the nrl and playing 80. He was consistently making 150m per game. His kick chase is great plus his quite quick for a backrower.

Jackson plays lock. In my opinion its up there with the best backrow in the nrl.

Martin is backup for rfm and chn in nsw cup. No point having an edge forward on the bench. Besides elliott will be on the bench he can play middle or egde if needed. The other bench spots we need 2 props and someone that can cover the outside backs.

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How this is even up for discussion is mind boggling. If Pay is even considering not starting RFM and having him play 80 most weeks then he has rocks in his head. And yes your right his actually more suited to the right edge not the left. Maybe put CHN on the left edge RFM on the right. There our edge backrowers its that simple. Its beyond belief people think otherwise.

RFM most tackle breaks in our team, most explosive player in our team, best footwork and only forward with an offload. Not to mention has the biggest body of all our backrowers.

CHN line speed in def is second only to Jackson. In 2017 season when he 1st starting in the nrl and playing 80. He was consistently making 150m per game. His kick chase is great plus his quite quick for a backrower.

Jackson plays lock. In my opinion its up there with the best backrow in the nrl.

Martin is backup for rfm and chn in nsw cup. No point having an edge forward on the bench. Besides elliott will be on the bench he can play middle or egde if needed. The other bench spots we need 2 props and someone that can cover the outside backs.
Not sure if left side suits chn. Coaching staff at panthers normally put him on right side. Even before kikau made it to starting side.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Dude the argument here is whether his style is better suited to the left edge or the middle. In no way is anyone calling him shit just simply putting him in a position which is best for the team. The fact anyone is getting their heart shot over that is miserably annoying.....
Fair enough.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

I have no issue with RFM playing wide or tight, I only care about what is best for the team overall. But I'll be pissed if we pick some shitty backrow combination with him getting limited minutes.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I have no issue with RFM playing wide or tight, I only care about what is best for the team overall. But I'll be pissed if we pick some shitty backrow combination with him getting limited minutes.
That is my only issue with it tbh. His obviously our most naturally gifted and not having him out there for the majority is crap.

But if Martin kicks on, Jacko locks in and CHN is running those lines for his half then we have plenty of attacking options.

Anyways its all whoo hhas now... few trials before then to see both Martin and RFM on that edge and that should give us a clearer idea.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
That is my only issue with it tbh. His obviously our most naturally gifted and not having him out there for the majority is crap.

But if Martin kicks on, Jacko locks in and CHN is running those lines for his half then we have plenty of attacking options.

Anyways its all whoo hhas now... few trials before then to see both Martin and RFM on that edge and that should give us a clearer idea.
I'm almost certain Martin won't be starting and Jackson won't be moved to lock with Elliott likely starting there instead.