Opinion RFM This Year

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey who that has been to any of the open training sessions can comment on RFM, and apparent bulking up. Someone has posted on twitter that they have heard rumours he is moving into the Front row rotation?

I guess that could answer CHN been brought in?

Though find it hard to understand, early last year he was really our only attacking option out wide. Though Unfortunately he was unavailable when we started to get our act together.

Paulie Gualtieri

Previously Shrimp
Reaction score
RFM wouldn't been to bad in the front row. Could see him with similar playing style to Jesse Bromich with the foot work at the line. Biggest thing for RFM would be the work rate in the middle

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Called it last yr as soon as we signed CHN. TBH His an average backrower for today's game and would provide us much better impact off the bench, coming on and running havoc through the middle in shorter stints. X factor style.

He struggle with ball play, draw and pass and runs a good line half the time. He also lacks the composure to be an edge backrower but through the middle he can go nuts and bend the line which enables our backs to get in the game..

No brainer for me especially considering his coming off a lengthy stint on the sidelines.. Only worry is fitness and workload.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hey who that has been to any of the open training sessions can comment on RFM, and apparent bulking up. Someone has posted on twitter that they have heard rumours he is moving into the Front row rotation?

I guess that could answer CHN been brought in?

Though find it hard to understand, early last year he was really our only attacking option out wide. Though Unfortunately he was unavailable when we started to get our act together.
I put Martin and CHN in front of rfm for an edge spot.. both smarter footballers.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I put Martin and CHN in front of rfm for an edge spot.. both smarter footballers.
Yeah for sure. RFM was disappointing with his elevated role in 2018. Didn’t do much. Lots of running sideways and missed tackles

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yeah for sure. RFM was disappointing with his elevated role in 2018. Didn’t do much. Lots of running sideways and missed tackles
Not to mention how many times he should've thrown the ball to the mozs or run decoys and let the faceballs pass him by. Top player.. just let him run havoc in the middle.

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Imo he was one of the better forwards in the team until he got injured. They were struggling then. Who knows what he could have contributed when the team had a good run in 2nd half of the season.
Having said that, i can see the point in having him on the bench and playing him in the middle. Can get the team to move another gear with offloads. I understand we have elliot but hed also offer option should there be injury to one of the second rowers or ctrs (by moving chn).
Both martin and chn should be able to handle the edge well imo.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Big hair = big year ahead.. like Samson..

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dumb idea. He has the potential to be the best egde forward in the game. If he doesnt start on the edge and play 80mins most weeks then Pay has rocks in his head. RFM and CHN egde forwards with Martin as there backup. Jackson to lock. Elliott on the bench.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Dumb idea. He has the potential to be the best egde forward in the game. If he doesnt start on the edge and play 80mins most weeks then Pay has rocks in his head. RFM and CHN egde forwards with Martin as there backup. Jackson to lock. Elliott on the bench.
Everyone has potential. What’s so good about RFM? The only real thing he has as a good attribute is a tidy offload. There are back towers that are faster, stronger, better defenders than him

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I thought he was one of our best before being injured. Admittedly it took some time for him to get used to the edge role and 80 minutes of footy but he was looking good.
I don't necessarily disagree with RFM moving into the middle, he has the size and skill set to be successful there. It would also be good to have a bit of extra size in the middle.
One of the edge forwards - Jackson, RFM, CHN and Martin, will likely need to move into the middle forward rotation to maintain a position in the top 17. Jackson would be the obvious choice, followed by RFM, then Martin, then CHN.
Which ever way it goes there'll likely be a good player missing out.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I thought he was playing alright last year until he got injured?
Much better than the year before but the problem now, is he better than CHN and Martin as an all round backrower?

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I keep changing the backrow and bench 100 times a day in my head....i just dont know where they all fit. Some good forwards will miss out on a spot this year. Atm for me its:

11. Jackson
12. CHN
13. Elliot

14. RFM
15. Sue
16. Fualalo (source saying he is a stand out atm)
17. JMK

I wonder how pay will use the bench?

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I keep changing the backrow and bench 100 times a day in my head....i just dont know where they all fit. Some good forwards will miss out on a spot this year. Atm for me its:

11. Jackson
12. CHN
13. Elliot

14. RFM
15. Sue
17. JMK

That will be pretty close to it although I’m not keen on JMK being there. I have a feeling Martin is going to start in ISP.

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I thought he was playing alright last year until he got injured?
He was literally our best lol.

These apparent defensive issues are an absolute myth. His tackling efficiency % was higher than every other back rower in our squad, CHN included.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
11. Jackson
12. CHN
13. Elliot
14. RFM
15. Sue
17. JMK
Like you, I keep changing my mind ............
8 Tolman (80 mins or close to)
9 Lichaa (80 mins or close to)
10 Napa (~55 mins)
11 Martin (left side) (80 mins)
12 Sue (right side) (Jackson reckons he's kickin ass) (~60 mins)
13 Jackson (~ 60 mins with Foran taking over as Captain)

14 Elliot (impact off the bench) (~20 mins)
15 RFM (ditto) (~20 mins)
16 & 17 The best 2 from Fualalo, Ogden, Toomaga, Smith, Tualau (~ 20 mins + ~25 mins for Napa)

Which means CHN as the left side centre.

Go Dogs

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He was literally our best lol.

These apparent defensive issues are an absolute myth. His tackling efficiency % was higher than every other back rower in our squad, CHN included.
Yeah, that was my thinking too.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Like you, I keep changing my mind ............
8 Tolman (80 mins or close to)
9 Lichaa (80 mins or close to)
10 Napa (~55 mins)
11 Martin (left side) (80 mins)
12 Sue (right side) (Jackson reckons he's kickin ass) (~60 mins)
13 Jackson (~ 60 mins with Foran taking over as Captain)

14 Elliot (impact off the bench) (~20 mins)
15 RFM (ditto) (~20 mins)
16 & 17 The best 2 from Fualalo, Ogden, Toomaga, Smith, Tualau (~ 20 mins + ~25 mins for Napa)

Which means CHN as the left side centre.

Go Dogs
No way Sue plays second row he hasn’t played there for years at the Tigers and we have too many second rowers as it is with out adding him there.

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No way Sue plays second row he hasn’t played there for years at the Tigers and we have too many second rowers as it is with out adding him there.
Yeah, I gotta agree there. I think he could be capable but we are stacked for backrowers.

8 Tolman
9 Lichaa
10 Napa
11 Martin
12 Jackson
13 Elliot

14 Sue
15 RFM
16 CHN (If he doesn't play centre - And yes, I know this is a touchy subject, there is merit on both sides of the argument here).
17. Best of: Fualalo, Ogden, Toomaga, C.Smith, Tualau