Opinion RFM This Year

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
No way Sue plays second row he hasn’t played there for years at the Tigers and we have too many second rowers as it is with out adding him there.
That's a valid point, but we could have him play tight while Napa has a breather and let RFM play wide (right side) of the bench. There's a lot of options, plus I think Sue maybe too good to only play ~20 mins off the bench. So possibly him and Napa share ~ 40 mins each. Or Toleman takes ~15 mins breather and Napa takes ~15 mins (separately of course) and Sue play's ~30 mins, that could work too.

Lots of good options.

Go Dogs

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's a valid point, but we could have him play tight while Napa has a breather and let RFM play wide (right side) of the bench. There's a lot of options, plus I think Sue maybe too good to only play ~20 mins off the bench. So possibly him and Napa share ~ 40 mins each. Or Toleman takes ~15 mins breather and Napa takes ~15 mins (separately of course) and Sue play's ~30 mins, that could work too.

Lots of good options.

Go Dogs
Yep, the forwards are not so much the concern, we have some experience and some youth as well as some decent depth.
It is the backline that would be the main concern - There is talent there, we just need to be clever about how we use it to plug the weaknesses.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score

Lots of good options.

Go Dogs
We have lots of better options in the back row then Sue and you don't want to be wasting interchanges on second rowers if you can avoid it. Personally I see Sue floating between the bench and ISP.

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We have lots of better options in the back row then Sue and you don't want to be wasting interchanges on second rowers if you can avoid it. Personally I see Sue floating between the bench and ISP.
Pending form and injury, he should be bench for the bulk of it.
We will always need props on the bench and his experience coupled with what is said to be a great attitude and effort at training (He looks FIT) should see him there alongside one of the younger upcomers.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Like you, I keep changing my mind ............
8 Tolman (80 mins or close to)
9 Lichaa (80 mins or close to)
10 Napa (~55 mins)
11 Martin (left side) (80 mins)
12 Sue (right side) (Jackson reckons he's kickin ass) (~60 mins)
13 Jackson (~ 60 mins with Foran taking over as Captain)

14 Elliot (impact off the bench) (~20 mins)
15 RFM (ditto) (~20 mins)
16 & 17 The best 2 from Fualalo, Ogden, Toomaga, Smith, Tualau (~ 20 mins + ~25 mins for Napa)

Which means CHN as the left side centre.

Go Dogs
Haha fucking hell, what a disaster. Absolute mess of a forward pack and rotation.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Pending form and injury, he should be bench for the bulk of it.
We will always need props on the bench and his experience coupled with what is said to be a great attitude and effort at training (He looks FIT) should see him there alongside one of the younger upcomers.
It will depend on his form a new club might be the change he needed but he was in and out of NRL at the Tigers and there is more competition for spots here.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Haha fucking hell, what a disaster. Absolute mess of a forward pack and rotation.
Well then, how about you put up your guesses (we are all just guessing after all) and let's see who is closest for the first game?

Go Dogs

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I keep changing the backrow and bench 100 times a day in my head....i just dont know where they all fit. Some good forwards will miss out on a spot this year. Atm for me its:

11. Jackson
12. CHN
13. Elliot

14. RFM
15. Sue
16. Fualalo (source saying he is a stand out atm)
17. JMK

I wonder how pay will use the bench?
That imo is the worst possible backrow we could start with.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Well then, how about you put up your guesses (we are all just guessing after all) and let's see who is closest for the first game?

Go Dogs
I don't know, Pay will do what Pay wants and I have rarely get on with any of his decisions. My personal opinion is that it's a hard decision to make as there are a few different combinations that offer different things, but things like playing Tolman for near 80 or playing Sue or the edge are just ridiculous.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yeah, I gotta agree there. I think he could be capable but we are stacked for backrowers.

8 Tolman
9 Lichaa
10 Napa
11 Martin
12 Jackson
13 Elliot

14 Sue
15 RFM
16 CHN (If he doesn't play centre - And yes, I know this is a touchy subject, there is merit on both sides of the argument here).
17. Best of: Fualalo, Ogden, Toomaga, C.Smith, Tualau
Based on their position within the team and the work put in over pre-season... Before trials..

8. Tolman - Toil
10. Napa - Hold your ground
11. CHN - Run me lines but your also gonna have to also defend next to Foran.
12. Martin - You, Lewis, Hoppa and Crighton. Own the left side.
13. Jackson - Sorry but I like your ball playing, scored some ripper tries off them last yr, now do it in the middle.

14. Sue - There to lose
15. Fualalo - Weight Loss
16. RFM - Come on and wreck away
17. Elliot - Simon Gillies

Fcuk our 60 min hookers.

MichaelM

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’d like to see RFM start the season on the edge. It would have been good to see how effective he would have been playing wider in the games we played at the back end of last season.
It he did make the move to the middle I imagine he would be a Marty Tapau style of front rower.

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
That imo is the worst possible backrow we could start with.
I have already changed a few times since. End of the day. Jackson will be in the second row, not lock (unless he has changed his mind since last November, doubt it). CHN, RFM and Elliot will be in the 17.

So when people post what they think the team will be, its pointless not including the above 2 points

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Based on their position within the team and the work put in over pre-season... Before trials..

8. Tolman - Toil
10. Napa - Hold your ground
11. CHN - Run me lines but your also gonna have to also defend next to Foran.
12. Martin - You, Lewis, Hoppa and Crighton. Own the left side.
13. Jackson - Sorry but I like your ball playing, scored some ripper tries off them last yr, now do it in the middle.

14. Sue - There to lose
15. Fualalo - Weight Loss
16. RFM - Come on and wreck away
17. Elliot - Simon Gillies

Fcuk our 60 min hookers.
That's probably the best I have seen. But Jackson will be in the 11. Unless you go

11. Jackson
12. CHN
13. RFM/Elliot

14. Elliot/RFM
15. Fualalo
16. Sue
17. Martin

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
What about Martin at lock?
Good support play, handy with the ball, defence would need to improve a bit.
Napa
Liccha
Tolman
RFM
Jackson
Martin

CHW
Sue
Fualolo / Ogden
Elliott

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I have already changed a few times since. End of the day. Jackson will be in the second row, not lock (unless he has changed his mind since last November, doubt it). CHN, RFM and Elliot will be in the 17.

So when people post what they think the team will be, its pointless not including the above 2 points
Well that just makes the purchase of CHN redundant. The bloke is an out and out right sided player and hasn't looked anywhere near comfortable on the few occasions i've seen him on the left. We didn't need to spend what little cap we had left on him when we weren't even going to play him in his strongest position while also already carrying a strong NRL standard backrow

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Well that just makes the purchase of CHN redundant. The bloke is an out and out right sided player and hasn't looked anywhere near comfortable on the few occasions i've seen him on the left. We didn't need to spend what little cap we had left on him when we weren't even going to play him in his strongest position while also already carrying a strong NRL standard backrow
You don't have to convince me. Didnt see why we got him either. But we do now lol i guess we'll see what Pay does round 1

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
It’s a luxury purchase when we have plenty of needs in the squad.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
You don't have to convince me. Didnt see why we got him either. But we do now lol i guess we'll see what Pay does round 1
Well Pay got his Napa and CHN, if he doesn't make the 8 then see you later.