Not open for further replies.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Disagree. Reynolds has more passion and enthusiasm for the jersey in his big toe, than MBye has in his whole body. Thats also good for the team. It can rub off on the players. MBye shouldnt be near either half position. Hes a back or at a stretch hooker. Should be a bench utility player or back imo.
So a bloke that scored more tries, set up more tries and had over double the line break assists as Reynolds last season shouldn't be anywhere near the halves? Okay.

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I don't mean to be over sensitive. It just goes my head in that people don't spotexiate ond of our best gonttivhyirs week in, week out. If Reynolds doesn't play last night, we lose. It's that simple imo. And yep, you Gould say the same for Frawley too.

I just think he had a very good game and honestly, I find it a little sad many people on this forum would take just about any half in the cook over one of our best and most loyal players.

I to think a lot of experts see the value in Reynolds. He's the type of guy players love to play with. I just think he is ridiculously undervalued on this forum.

I did read what you said about Foran. I just think considering he has had so many well documented issues, knocked back a precious offer to play here in order to play for a coach he'd really wanted to play for only to derail that club's entire season, his connections to Hayson. I thibk adorable has too many problems yo turn them around in such a short time frame tbh. I honestly think the potential he could do our club harm is much greater than the potential he'll do us good. Honestly if we let Reynolds go and sign Forsn I won't support us (or anyone take) next year.

I don't mean to be overly sensitive, but yeah I to feel very strongly about this.

I still don't see what you saw in Hodko. His game managing abilities were largely a myth I think. I saw him take the bull by the horns, steer the team around and play well a few times but more often than not, he was under involved, didn't seem to be enthusiastic enough and seemed to be playing in a body that was 90 percent broken parts. I don't think his kicking skills were anywhere near enough of an asset to justify the mediocre performances he produced for us while playing a key position most of the time. His kicking game in general play was not good most of the time. He had a cool head and iced a few games for us, but honestly I don't think he's kicked any more field goals or rob us any more Holden point/ 1 point games than Reynolds has. I'd have to check on it...In short, I just don't remember the same player you seem to...and you obviously don't think Reynolds is the player I see him as... we're all entitled to our opinions I guess... but I honestly think Reynolds offers us much more value than Hodko ever did and he offers more than Mbye has to this point.

The knock on? You mean the one where he grounded just before the dead ball line after getting a little touch on it? Oh come on man, he didn't even appear to be playing at the ball at the time. Yeah it was a knock on, but I don't think you can really say it was his fault when he put himself in a position to score a try that never really should have been scored in the first place. I think you're a harsh marker if you blame Reynolds hot getting a little touch during an effort play like that. Easy to make less handling errors if you are less involved and font put in the effort I guess.

I don't think i'm mental dude.... ex players seem to really like him and so do his teammates. I think he's a guy people like to play with.
I will reply to this, just cooking dinner

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I still believe that Foran will end up at the Dogs.....comprendee!!

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Reynolds on channel 9 tonight. He backs Des and the constant criticism of Des "makes him angry".

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Reynolds is a great clubman but if you can't kick or pass properly I don't see how you can be the best option in the halves. Reynolds played very well in patches last night and was in the thick of our good plays, but he also gave away a few silly penalties, was offside to kicks, and generally did his usual things which often cost games. Until he matures, becomes more consistent and leaves the schoolboy errors behind (which I doubt ever he will) I don't want him as the long term half or 5/8 at the dogs. I like Josh and rate his positive qualities, but he's nowhere near at the level of the best halves in the comp.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Disagree. Reynolds has more passion and enthusiasm for the jersey in his big toe, than MBye has in his whole body. Thats also good for the team. It can rub off on the players. MBye shouldnt be near either half position. Hes a back or at a stretch hooker. Should be a bench utility player or back imo.
Certainly can't argue with the passion that's for sure. Problem is that that doesn't convert to talent.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Who are you to judge what a player is worth or should be paid? how do you know JR gets paid 800K have you seen the books? I am amazed how many experts there are on this Forum who claim they know who gets paid what!! 99% know Jack Shit!! reportedly is the world reportedly!! never the facts.
Straight aggression as always. The figure of 800k is coming from the reported asking price of his next contract. Be pretty boring if we didn't discuss "reported" items as our club tells us jack shit. Who am I to judge on his value, why I am his indirect employer and a fan by purchasing Bulldogs supporter gear and paying my Foxtel to watch them. I am also the bread and butter that allows them to live so nice on such figures. Can you copy me in on the post that says I am an expert or declared it please?

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Reynolds plays one good game and everyone overlooks how poor he has been over the years. Reynolds didn't have to kick or organise the side at all last night. It sucks that we have invested too much of the cap on Mbye.

MitchNewton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Put an organising Halfback with Reynolds and he looks a lot better. He even created a repeat set.... nearly fell off my chair
Reynolds has played like that before even with Mbye at half. The problem is he's too inconsistent

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Reynolds is a great clubman but if you can't kick or pass properly I don't see how you can be the best option in the halves. Reynolds played very well in patches last night and was in the thick of our good plays, but he also gave away a few silly penalties, was offside to kicks, and generally did his usual things which often cost games. Until he matures, becomes more consistent and leaves the schoolboy errors behind (which I doubt ever he will) I don't want him as the long term half or 5/8 at the dogs. I like Josh and rate his positive qualities, but he's nowhere near at the level of the best halves in the comp.
Reynolds played like last night in a few games last year, one was against Manly in round 23. I'm not convinced he should be re-signed just yet, and certainly not at the rumored 800k.

Status
Not open for further replies.