News Reynolds desperate for Bulldogs homecoming;

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
No harm in letting him train, let's be honest...no way he will make FG next year.

Gus wants him for an off-field role, that came from my bulletproof source when it first got mentioned about a month ago.
Theres no way he will make the bench in FG. The guy has played 47 games since 2018. I hope he remains in an off field role bro.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Cameron Ciraldo has given the green light for Josh Reynolds to return home to Belmore on a bargain-basement deal.
In what marks as the rookie Bulldogs coach’s first signing, Reynolds, 33, has been offered a three-month train and trial contract worth $1,000 per-week.
The 12-week deal to train with the Bulldogs from November 1 is underwritten with no guarantees for Reynolds other than to prove he is worth including within the club’s 30-man squad on a full-time contract for the 2023 season.
The paltry figure will mean that Reynolds is the lowest-paid player in the Dogs NRL squad, and valued at even less than that of several untried teenagers currently contracted to the club.
Ciraldo views the former NSW State of Origin five-eighth as a potential bench utility who will bring energy and Bulldogs DNA to the 2023 pre-season.
Reynolds is also eager to work with the club’s commercial team and in a mentoring role in junior development.
Widely regarded as a Bulldogs favourite son, Reynolds played 138 games for Canterbury between 2011 and 2017, before moving to the Wests Tigers on a massive three-year deal.
Reynolds has spent the past two seasons with Hull FC in the UK Super League, where he scored seven tries in 25-games.
Bulldogs GM manager Phil Gould met with Reynolds and his agent George Mimis on Sunday.
Gould needed approval from Ciraldo to push ahead with the deal, which The Daily Telegraph can reveal has been secured.
Reynolds had made no secret of his burning desire to finish his NRL career at Belmore, where he was famously chaired from the ground in his final game for Canterbury in 2017.
“I would 100 per cent love to go there. I’ve always said that I’d love to finish (my career) there,’’ Reynolds said on the Big Sports Breakfast last month.
"Bulldogs favourite son"?

Wtf is that all about? Nothing against Reynolds but does anyone actually feel that?

If yes, what drugs are you on?

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Super League said he lost the passion, its a gamble.
Gotta offer more than poor Kyle.
Dont offer Reynolds more than 6, but he could spark.

spscand

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can't believe the club and gus are doing this... one step forward. 10 back. Wow.

Losing faith by the hour here.

Reynolds is useless. Always was. Fucking over hyped shit. Never did anything. How did he have such a crazy fan base wtf did people see?

Snake

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Theres no way he will make the bench in FG. The guy has played 47 games since 2018. I hope he remains in an off field role bro.
I was surprised he managed to punch out 25 games in the UK over two seasons with his injury history at the tigers

Dapper Dog

Deitz-ciple
Reaction score
I don't hate it. Costs us nothing, yet "the Grub" being back in Belmore will make fans happy, and he will provide value to the club/players around him in terms of the pride, passion and effort he brings around the training paddock.

On top of that, he will only be top 30 if he's good enough and earns his way in, same for our starting 17.

I doubt he has the organisational skills we need for HB, but he can at the very least draw and pass better than Flanagan, and has a running game, which would be a net positive on our current attack. *shrugs* The only downsides could be if he takes the spot away from someone we like, which doesn't seem to be the case currently, or if he plays for us and resumes tripping and doing dumb shit on the field. But I can't imagine Ciraldo risking his coaching career by feeling pressured to include him and play him in spite of the club's best interests, right?

Last edited:

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Considering some options are years off, BBO is off contract, Wakeham appears gone, we are short on halves as it is.