News Reynolds desperate for Bulldogs homecoming;

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He will be a good clubman and influence on younger players to have around the club

QLDdogsfan

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Said it once ill say it again Josh was one of the best blokes I've met took the time to chat to me for halfa hr and was really open, that was the year he made his Origin debut something that he told me was his goal that year but never thought it would happen. I agree his playing days are done but he would be a Terrific ambassador or trainer for the club. Bring him home Gus.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
He will be a good clubman and influence on younger players to have around the club
agree, he is a great buy for the reggies and teaching them culture. If he excels then he is a back up maybe come origin time for burton

Bulldog wazza

Kennel Established
Reaction score
All good news and no risk for the club.. JR is welcome to instill the Dogs culture again in our juniors.
Well done Gus and CC.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
It’s Fkn ludicrous that he could be lining up to play again. Have people not been watching him the last 3 seasons. Wtf
I doubt he will ever play but the idea of a train and trial bugs me. Just make him a club ambassador or maybe even a trainer lol

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Even if it's just for reserve grade/back-up I think there's little to no risk. I agree the positives outweigh the negatives. He's my all time favourite Bulldog. Even on 1 leg he'd offer more than Flanagan too.
wow!
All time fav bulldog? Lol

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
If we had any other good 6 (or 7) with that 2012-2016 team we would of won at most a premiership. Reynolds was an entertaining footballer who put on a show of tries and some individual brilliance in which did amaze me sometimes but he also let us down with his zero iq, over the top, bizarre tricks and plays that costed many tries and errors in the big games.

His love for the club is undeniably there and his passion and connection with the dogs is uniquely seen with a player towards a club but i hope i never have to see him in a teamlist tuesday ever again.

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cameron Ciraldo has given the green light for Josh Reynolds to return home to Belmore on a bargain-basement deal.
In what marks as the rookie Bulldogs coach’s first signing, Reynolds, 33, has been offered a three-month train and trial contract worth $1,000 per-week.
The 12-week deal to train with the Bulldogs from November 1 is underwritten with no guarantees for Reynolds other than to prove he is worth including within the club’s 30-man squad on a full-time contract for the 2023 season.
The paltry figure will mean that Reynolds is the lowest-paid player in the Dogs NRL squad, and valued at even less than that of several untried teenagers currently contracted to the club.
Ciraldo views the former NSW State of Origin five-eighth as a potential bench utility who will bring energy and Bulldogs DNA to the 2023 pre-season.
Reynolds is also eager to work with the club’s commercial team and in a mentoring role in junior development.
Widely regarded as a Bulldogs favourite son, Reynolds played 138 games for Canterbury between 2011 and 2017, before moving to the Wests Tigers on a massive three-year deal.
Reynolds has spent the past two seasons with Hull FC in the UK Super League, where he scored seven tries in 25-games.
Bulldogs GM manager Phil Gould met with Reynolds and his agent George Mimis on Sunday.
Gould needed approval from Ciraldo to push ahead with the deal, which The Daily Telegraph can reveal has been secured.
Reynolds had made no secret of his burning desire to finish his NRL career at Belmore, where he was famously chaired from the ground in his final game for Canterbury in 2017.
“I would 100 per cent love to go there. I’ve always said that I’d love to finish (my career) there,’’ Reynolds said on the Big Sports Breakfast last month.
Clearly CC has pulling power if he can secure JR's return....

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Since Flanagan is playing in the halves I think Reynolds chances of playing a game is quite high.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Has to be a smoke screen from Gus. Reynolds was done when he moved to the tigers, he’s not up to playing NRL. He shouldn’t be in reserve grade blocking a genuine prospect for the future, training or on any type of contract.

Trent Robinson was saying earlier today that the NRL needs to help coaches who move out of the spotlight and they also need to help players as well. Reynolds was quoted as referring to himself as the prince of Belmore. He’s not going to see those times again and should only be employed by the club if there’s a genuine role there and he’s the best person for it. If having passion for the club means you get a job most of us should be working there.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
No way Reynolds plays first grade again.