News Reynolds desperate for Bulldogs homecoming;

Geoff Chambers

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I don’t see a problem with it..positives outweigh the negatives!
He was not capable of playing NRL for Wests Tigers of all teams and is older now. What positive other than he bleeds blue and white that’s irrelevant.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
He was not capable of playing NRL for Wests Tigers of all teams and is older now. What positive other than he bleeds blue and white that’s irrelevant.
Just think he could help the halves.. anyway Gould was the man behind it..so he must see some merit too.

Geoff Chambers

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Why not? It's not like we have so much quality at the club he wouldn't enter discussions. We have ZDC playing off the bench this year, ffs. Don't see why he wouldn't be a possible option if his body holds up.
He couldn’t get a game for Tigers for good reason. Everyone’s forgotten he can’t play at that level anymore.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
He couldn’t get a game for Tigers for good reason. Everyone’s forgotten he can’t play at that level anymore.
His form was good for the tigers when he was fit. His problem was injuries. Same issues he had in super league. A train and trial deal, potentially leading to a minimum wage contract would be a low risk and potentially high reward scenario. I think the team is crying out for a bit more experience, at the moment.

spaced_monkey

Waterboy
Reaction score
Reynolds was keen to just be involved with the club through juniors and the community. I think this is a Club decision to put JR through a pre season just to see how committed to the club he is. They can keep an eye on him and his attitude and then make a decision on whether he should become a part of the club again.

Geoff Chambers

Kennel Established
Reaction score
When we let him go it was the begining of the downward spiral of the club, we lost our idenity and became yet another mercenary club.
Didn’t let him go. His manager demanded 800k minimum to resign there. It was the only choice to reject such outrageous overs. As he showed at tigers he was the highest paid player at that club and was dismal. He was probably one of the worst cases of being paid overs ever.
Matt Duffy is over there absolutely lighting up super league making them look silly.
JR got sent home from super league because he wasn’t up to it.

Geoff Chambers

Kennel Established
Reaction score
He is not up to NRL standard in 2023. This is madness that people think he is a 14 option
I know amazing to read these delusional people have such short memories.

If they watched any NRL each week saying he’s be a perfect 14 in 2023 Jesus H. I’d actually love to see it for joke value. He got kicked out of Super league cause he’s incompetent but now he’s a gun No14 in NRL 2023. And everyone’s forgotten to make up for his lack of ability he plays grubby and cheap shots that modern refereeing will just be sending to him the sin bin the first time he try and makes a tackle with his boots.

Poor kennel fans are just not in touch with reality about this situation.

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I know amazing to read these delusional people have such short memories.

If they watched any NRL each week saying he’s be a perfect 14 in 2023 Jesus H. I’d actually love to see it for joke value. He got kicked out of Super league cause he’s incompetent but now he’s a gun No14 in NRL 2023. And everyone’s forgotten to make up for his lack of ability he plays grubby and cheap shots that modern refereeing will just be sending to him the sin bin the first time he try and makes a tackle with his boots.

Poor kennel fans are just not in touch with reality about this situation.
I dont get the train and trial deal myself. If Ciraldo was established at the club 2 years and Gus asked him I think he would have been more like 'your joking right?' but new job, new boss, doesnt really have much power yet.

Sad thing is Josh has more flash than Burton and Flanno.
Still, he'll never make the team for all the reasons thats been done to death.

Bigger picture I think its good he is returning to the Club, great bloke and he should be good for training with the younger halfs.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I dont get the train and trial deal myself. If Ciraldo was established at the club 2 years and Gus asked him I think he would have been more like 'your joking right?' but new job, new boss, doesnt really have much power yet.

Sad thing is Josh has more flash than Burton and Flanno.
Still, he'll never make the team for all the reasons thats been done to death.

Bigger picture I think its good he is returning to the Club, great bloke and he should be good for training with the younger halfs.
Ya, I’m not disappointed about him coming back on board. Will see how it works in 23!

Menteek

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Let’s say it’s good having someone at your workplace who loves the damn employer !! I would be energetic to have someone like Josh just being part of the club. I think that’s what CC wants. Good on him for wanting a new environment

Bluebody

The Strategist
Reaction score
I also would not underestimate the fire in this guy's belly to have one final season for his real Club in front of his true fans. Interesting to see how this pans out. It can go either way.

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He’s training with billy dib at the moment.. he’s certainly committed

Snake

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can see Joshie hitting some form in NSW cup next year and getting a run in first grade if we pick up some injuries. Newspapers will love it “prodigal son returns”

Big Vibe

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I can see Joshie hitting some form in NSW cup next year and getting a run in first grade if we pick up some injuries. Newspapers will love it “prodigal son returns”
He’d be great for the NSW Cup boys.

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
Hope he's learnt not to trip players