News Reynolds desperate for Bulldogs homecoming;

MOVE.80

M-Power
Reaction score
Cameron Ciraldo has given the green light for Josh Reynolds to return home to Belmore on a bargain-basement deal.
In what marks as the rookie Bulldogs coach’s first signing, Reynolds, 33, has been offered a three-month train and trial contract worth $1,000 per-week.
The 12-week deal to train with the Bulldogs from November 1 is underwritten with no guarantees for Reynolds other than to prove he is worth including within the club’s 30-man squad on a full-time contract for the 2023 season.
The paltry figure will mean that Reynolds is the lowest-paid player in the Dogs NRL squad, and valued at even less than that of several untried teenagers currently contracted to the club.
Ciraldo views the former NSW State of Origin five-eighth as a potential bench utility who will bring energy and Bulldogs DNA to the 2023 pre-season.
Reynolds is also eager to work with the club’s commercial team and in a mentoring role in junior development.
Widely regarded as a Bulldogs favourite son, Reynolds played 138 games for Canterbury between 2011 and 2017, before moving to the Wests Tigers on a massive three-year deal.
Reynolds has spent the past two seasons with Hull FC in the UK Super League, where he scored seven tries in 25-games.
Bulldogs GM manager Phil Gould met with Reynolds and his agent George Mimis on Sunday.
Gould needed approval from Ciraldo to push ahead with the deal, which The Daily Telegraph can reveal has been secured.
Reynolds had made no secret of his burning desire to finish his NRL career at Belmore, where he was famously chaired from the ground in his final game for Canterbury in 2017.
“I would 100 per cent love to go there. I’ve always said that I’d love to finish (my career) there,’’ Reynolds said on the Big Sports Breakfast last month.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Cameron Ciraldo has given the green light for Josh Reynolds to return home to Belmore on a bargain-basement deal.
In what marks as the rookie Bulldogs coach’s first signing, Reynolds, 33, has been offered a three-month train and trial contract worth $1,000 per-week.
The 12-week deal to train with the Bulldogs from November 1 is underwritten with no guarantees for Reynolds other than to prove he is worth including within the club’s 30-man squad on a full-time contract for the 2023 season.
The paltry figure will mean that Reynolds is the lowest-paid player in the Dogs NRL squad, and valued at even less than that of several untried teenagers currently contracted to the club.
Ciraldo views the former NSW State of Origin five-eighth as a potential bench utility who will bring energy and Bulldogs DNA to the 2023 pre-season.
Reynolds is also eager to work with the club’s commercial team and in a mentoring role in junior development.
Widely regarded as a Bulldogs favourite son, Reynolds played 138 games for Canterbury between 2011 and 2017, before moving to the Wests Tigers on a massive three-year deal.
Reynolds has spent the past two seasons with Hull FC in the UK Super League, where he scored seven tries in 25-games.
Bulldogs GM manager Phil Gould met with Reynolds and his agent George Mimis on Sunday.
Gould needed approval from Ciraldo to push ahead with the deal, which The Daily Telegraph can reveal has been secured.
Reynolds had made no secret of his burning desire to finish his NRL career at Belmore, where he was famously chaired from the ground in his final game for Canterbury in 2017.
“I would 100 per cent love to go there. I’ve always said that I’d love to finish (my career) there,’’ Reynolds said on the Big Sports Breakfast last month.
Sack Ciraldo

Snake

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Reynolds brings the theatre and energy. Imagine him and the fox at training together. I’m keen to see him around the squad and hopefully make the 14 jumper his own for one last harrah. Let’s Trott Joshie

Disposable Hero

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is a positive step forward.
Even if he does not make the top30 the club has helped a team mate when he has needed it.

craigo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is so shit.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If Ciraldo really views Reynolds as a bench utility than he is a fkn imbecile.

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
Be a fun preseason for the boys. But I don't see him making the top 30.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
No harm in letting him train, let's be honest...no way he will make FG next year.

Gus wants him for an off-field role, that came from my bulletproof source when it first got mentioned about a month ago.

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ciraldo views ... who will bring energy and Bulldogs DNA to the 2023 pre-season.
This is about as much as I believe. He'll be tasked with training his guts out at pre-season to encourage/shame the youngsters into trying harder. Then he'll get a well paid job with the Dogs.

The most game time I'm expecting for him is if he's really lucky and outtrains some kids, he'll get a spot in reggies to teach the youngsters what NRL is all about. And maybe, just maybe, he'll earn a utility spot for the Back to Belmore game if its past rd11 so below-top30s can be selected. But there's a lot of maybes in there, and truthfully if that come to fruition, the club's depth is still in trouble.