Retro Gaming

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Did you play the other ones? Streets of rage 2 was my favourite, has awesome music as well.

I played part 2, but never owned it, only hired it from the old video store.

I didn't get a chance to play #3 though, however I did play Streets of Rage remake. It was an unofficial fan-made PC game that had game play very similar to Final Fight.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
In terms of 3D fighting games:

I can still pick my 8-man dream team from that character selection screen:

1. Bryan Fury
  2. Anna Williams
  3. Nina Williams
  4. Eddy Goro
  5. Kuma/Panda
  6. Julia Chang
  7. True Ogre
  8. Gon
Yep, Gon. Seriously underrated character who can be absolutely lethal when used correctly.

Tough one, from all 3D fighters I'd probably have to go:

1. Cervantes (Soul Calibur)
2. Mitsurugi (Soul Calibur)
3. Siegfried (Soul Calibur)
4. Lei Wulong (Tekken)
5. Heihachi Mishima (Tekken)
6. Hwoarang (Tekken)
7. Paul Phoenix (Tekken)
8. Kasumi (Dead or Alive)

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I still have the mega drive collection for 360, which has all three Streets of Rage games, Golden Axe, Alex the Kidd and a whole bunch of the retro classics. Still have the double dragon games and NBA jam on my phone....oh and river raid. That's so old it came out on Atari ...still fun though.

Most retro games don't have as much playability or longevity as newer games. Most are shirt but seeet, but fun while they last.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Other than the ones listed above.. Alex Kidd, Wonderboy, Super Mario Bros, Sonic, Outrun, Legend of Zelda, Paper Boy, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Commander Keen, Jill of the Jungle, Pitfall, Flashback, Gauntlet, Another World, Prince of Persia, Super Metroid, Bomberman, Duck Hunt, Aladdin, Donkey Kong, Earthworm Jim, Speedball 2, Castlevania, Battletoads, Alone in the Dark, Day of the Tentacle, Willow...

Those are the ones I can remember off the top of my head, All excellent games. I'm sure I missed a few hundred games.
Battletoads was an amazing game!

Prince of Persia was great too.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I still have the mega drive collection for 360, which has all three Streets of Rage games, Golden Axe, Alex the Kidd and a whole bunch of the retro classics. Still have the double dragon games and NBA jam on my phone....oh and river raid. That's so old it came out on Atari ...still fun though.

Most retro games don't have as much playability or longevity as newer games. Most are shirt but seeet, but fun while they last.
But gee they were unforgiving..no saving and coming back later..once started you were in for the long haul.. Green Beret anyone?

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Final fight.
P.o.w.
Metal slug. (I have a really good port on my phone)

Wahesh

Reaction score
But gee they were unforgiving..no saving and coming back later..once started you were in for the long haul.. Green Beret anyone?
Back then you were able to finish games in about an hour give or take. The really long games had passcodes you could use to get back to that level.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Haha they surely were. I have honestly lost count of the amount of times I've died on the last level of streets of rage 2 and had to go back to the bloody start! Still haven't finished it yet (the xbox version, I finished it back in the day.)

But I've been playing more recent games lately. Not exactly new games. I'm only just getting back into gaming and still going through all the 360 classics (Arkham Asylum and city, Fallout 3, Far Cry 3 and 4.... the bioshock games and red dead redemption also on my list.

But I love my retro games too.

Green Beret doesn't ring a bell though. What system was it released for?

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Back then you were able to finish games in about an hour give or take. The really long games had passcodes you could use to get back to that level.
Ooh there was some toughies.. you might've been one of those legend players who eat up the pixels..I find games today reBut games like Kong went on FOREVER..no breaks.. get a chance watch this.. The King of Kong..admittedly it's retro-arcade games..but it's great..

Wahesh

Reaction score
Haha they surely were. I have honestly lost count of the amount of times I've died on the last level of streets of rage 2 and had to go back to the bloody start! Still haven't finished it yet (the xbox version, I finished it back in the day.)

But I've been playing more recent games lately. Not exactly new games. I'm only just getting back into gaming and still going through all the 360 classics (Arkham Asylum and city, Fallout 3, Far Cry 3 and 4.... the bioshock games and red dead redemption also on my list.

NES game also known as Rush'N Attack (as in Russian Attack) lol.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

It goes way back to Commodore 64..called in U.S. Rush'n Attack.. The Arkham Batman games are superb!

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Actually this version is exactly my Green Beret..slightly different..
Yeah same basic thing, but the second version looks more refined. I guess the first version is either an earlier version of the same game or a remake or something. Does look quite different.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
It goes way back to Commodore 64..called in U.S. Rush'n Attack.. The Arkham Batman games are superb!
Yeah they are outstanding. I actually just got into the batman games. I got hold of arkham city first and just finished that and now I'm going through asylum as I hear that's the second best. I hear origins isn't really on par with the first two. I'll play the fourth and final one day when I get around to upgrading to a One or PS4.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Don't think I ever played this. Looks fun though!
Sorry man..this was the Aussie version..I was crap..played and played and played..only got to end of second level..this guy does it in 6 mins..lol..loved it though!!

Last edited:

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah they are outstanding. I actually just got into the batman games. I got hold of arkham city first and just finished that and now I'm going through asylum as I hear that's the second best. I hear origins isn't really on par with the first two. I'll play the fourth and final one day when I get around to upgrading to a One or PS4.
You heard right..they're just immense.. Best Batman games..the Arkham City..wow!! I'm like you I have to get a PS4..

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Sorry man..this was the Aussie version..I was crap..played and played and played..only got to end of second level..this guy does it in 6 mins..lol..loved it though!!
Haha yeah whomever did that demo has some seriously sharp moves haha. I think I'd struggle too.