Retro Gaming

bulldogsfan_88

Left Right Out
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
pitfall, leisure suit larry, dig dug, lemmings
I used to spend hours playing lemmings!!

Alex the kid & Metal Slug were also favourites of mine! Never really got into the martial arts games

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
This was my favourite game at my local arcade, they used to have Free Play nights so you could play it through to the end without wasting 20+ dollars on coins.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
My fav arcade games were, Rygar, Bubble Bobble, Ghost and Goblins and then Ghouls n Ghosts. There were a few I liked but were but were useless at like Rastan saga (had cool music), arkanoid lol, god I hated that game, and there was this one called Kiki Kaikai. All the fighting games I liked, SF2 and MK etc. Did eveyone know about Guiles "super throws" or "invisible throws" in SF2? Or him turning off the game in "freeze". Those were the silly names we called them lol.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
The original FIFA Soccer, where you can score from halfway with a backwards scissor kick lol

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
PS I've been retro gaming since I've been in here lol

Thank God for emulators lol

Upupcronulla

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Absolute ripper of a thread. Talk about bringing up some great childhood memories

This thread is nearly as good as wolfies 'sharks are shit' thread

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
You got it wrong bro....

It's "Wise from your gwave" lol
LMAO - that's right. The old 16 bit speech impediment lol. I also remember I always read the text "I command you to rise from your grave and rescue my daughter" - I always thought there was a fault on my cartridge as it only the first 4 words :tearsofjoy:

Wahesh

Reaction score
Scorched Earth... the tank artillery game that started it all <3

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
View attachment 1580 Oh another of my favs.. Canon Forder..although it looked cute it was a brutal war game.. Quite poignant too..as each soilder had a name and when they died a cross would go up on boot hill...touching..lol!
Cannon fodder 2 was one of my all time favourite games.

Which for some reason reminds me, Dune 2. Second greatest strategy game of the retro era. First was Command and Conquer Generals of course.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Dick Hunt....
We had this game when we were kids that I can't remember the name of but you were a dick and had to shoot things falling from the sky (kinda like space invaders). The things were mainly bibles and crosses but you also had to avoid condoms 'cause they stopped you from shooting.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Scorched Earth... the tank artillery game that started it all <3

Loved that game. Throwing down the 50 megaton warhead and watching the whole map disappear... awesome.

Brings back memories of some classic games from the era:

Jones in the Fast Lane. A life sim from the early 90s. I must have played it for at least 4 years. One of the most addictive games I've ever played

Nuclear War. An entertaining sim where you had to keep the world leaders happy and avoid a nuclear war for as long as possible, then you end up killing everyone to win the game. Brilliant game

Last edited:

Wahesh

Reaction score
Loved that game. Throwing down the 50 megaton warhead and watching the whole map disappear... awesome.

Brings back memories of some classic games from the era:
Mate I remember that well. I had wrap-around walls so the weapons will never leave the map and just launch a deaths head. Bang. Level over :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

The AI who always killed me never stood a chance. Especially considering I selected the "losers first" for firing order :D

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
My fav arcade games were, Rygar, Bubble Bobble, Ghost and Goblins and then Ghouls n Ghosts. There were a few I liked but were but were useless at like Rastan saga (had cool music), arkanoid lol, god I hated that game, and there was this one called Kiki Kaikai. All the fighting games I liked, SF2 and MK etc. Did eveyone know about Guiles "super throws" or "invisible throws" in SF2? Or him turning off the game in "freeze". Those were the silly names we called them lol.
Rastan friggin Saga. I wasted so much time on that game. Well worth it.

When I had SF2 on PC I would hack the code to cause crazy glitches (did the same with Commander Keen and several other games), eventually I learned how to do it correctly and created some insane things like pressing one button with Ryu would make him fire 20 fast hadoukins followed by 3 super uppers in the air then go into a cyclone kick that flies back and forth for the rest of the match.