Relax - The Stats Tell The Story

BULLDVGS

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So your blaming Schoupps dropped ball on Okunbour. I see the logic. Not. Your just making him the scapegoat for someone else's mistake because you want to join the hate wagon.
Yes, it was a horrible offload, and it put a lot of pressure on his team mates.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Yes, it was a horrible offload, and it put a lot of pressure on his team mates.
100% it was okinburr error, he panicked, you dont pass the ball in that situation

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
100% it was okinburr error, he panicked, you dont pass the ball in that situation
All 3 are to blame

It was a stupid offload by okunbur in that field position

Averillo should have realised it was a stupid offload to him and should have been tackled with the ball

And schoupp shouldn't have dropped it, though probably most forgiving to schoupp as he wouldve expected averillo to do the smart thing and get tackled, not offload

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
key part of that is 'with ball in hand'. Great, he mightn't have dropped the ball for the first game in god knows how long. But he was so inept defensively and made a myriad of errors positionally and just showed a complete lack of effort and desire to defend his line. Instead of trying to tackle his opposite winger with the ball, he ran towards his own try line next to the bloke? wtf is that? and the half assed attempt to catch the bomb put up in the first half that was tapped back and lead to a Cronulla try. For a start he didn't know when to jump for the high ball, and then after completely missing the ball he landed and went the opposite way to which the ball had been tapped back... I dont know if his poor defending is an attitude problem or whether he is just genuinely lost out there, either way he's a total liability with defenders running at him, or kicking towards him
Exactly.. I don't see how people can ignore everything you've mentioned when it's all so obvious and happens multiple times a game every game he plays. I don't know how the coaches ignore it and keep picking him just because he's big and athletic. Which he can't even take advantage of because he gets out jumped for bombs defensively all of the time.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
All 3 are to blame

Averillo should have realised it was a stupid offload to him and should have been tackled with the ball

And schoupp shouldn't have dropped it, though probably most forgiving to schoupp as he wouldve expected averillo to do the smart thing and get tackled, not offload
No it all started from okinburr and shouppe should never of dropped actually
But oki should have just taken the tackle

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
All 3 are to blame

Tha ball was thrown straight to Schoupp, we're just fucking hopeless and love backing up one mistake with another :tearsofjoy:

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Tha ball was thrown straight to Schoupp, we're just fucking hopeless and love backing up one mistake with another :tearsofjoy:
He had a shocking game in general with his hands

But that particular play, all 3 of them had brain explosions

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Exactly.. I don't see how people can ignore everything you've mentioned when it's all so obvious and happens multiple times a game every game he plays. I don't know how the coaches ignore it and keep picking him just because he's big and athletic. Which he can't even take advantage of because he gets out jumped for bombs defensively all of the time.
its just beyond me how this fraud continues to be picked for years now. he's terrible

gibbo2

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's not like we were playing thrilling or risky brand of footy. The amount of Simple dropped balls / under 7's errors simply shows how much we are struggling to get the fundamentals correct . On top of it we give away penalty after penalty . Some weeks we are no better than a
Park football team

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like stats.

These stats are the minor premiers since 2016 and their average season Points against per game, beside it I have our average.
  • 2016 Storm 12.58/ Dogs 18.66
  • 2017 Storm 14.36/ Dogs 18.95
  • 2018 Roost 15.01/ Dogs 19.75
  • 2019 Storm 12.52/ Dogs 19.81
  • 2020 Panth 11.94/ Dogs 25.94
  • 2021 Storm 13.17/ Dogs 29.58
How simple stats like this dont resinate with Barret and Furner, does my fucking head in. We have been on the slide defensively for the last 6 years.
While I agree that the defensive structures and effort has seen a massive decline, the last two years have been blown out for lower teams thanks to the introduction of the set restart. We have never seen so many blow out scorelines like we did last year.

That said, amazingly our squad seemed to work for each other more and defend better under Dean Pay which is a concern.

It could be the six agains, it could be the loss of experienced outside backs like the Morris boys but I'm not impressed with our defensive structures or efforts.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
While I agree that the defensive structures and effort has seen a massive decline, the last two years have been blown out for lower teams thanks to the introduction of the set restart. We have never seen so many blow out scorelines like we did last year.

That said, amazingly our squad seemed to work for each other more and defend better under Dean Pay which is a concern.

It could be the six agains, it could be the loss of experienced outside backs like the Morris boys but I'm not impressed with our defensive structures or efforts.
True but the successful teams seem to hover between 11-14 as an average even with 6 agains last 2 years. We are almost 30.

Even if all the new coaching team did was to tighten our defence to a 20 average we probably would have won another 5 or 6 games last year and not the spoon. Our D is awful..

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
A mate watched and opposed sesh between our first grade side and reserve grade side. Said our reserve grade team was all over them and we struggled to get back 10 metres after every tackle even letting in 4 six agains in one set! He said all he could hear was Baz going off his head saying these cu@#s are offside again!