Relax…

mr j

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Name a player that has improved under Barrett?

And who the fck is HSC?
There’s a reason why a high percentage of our squad are being let go. Can’t turn a turd into a diamond. Name me a better top 30 squad than ours? There’s a reason why we are last and it’s got nothing to do with Barrett.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im astounded how much of a pass Barrett gets to be honest.

Whil;st i dont advocate sacking a homie before round 7 next year, he is also the guy that:
bought waddell
bought Flanno, and said he was actively chasing him before he came available. Bad eye for talent.
Bought allenn
refused Benji.
didnt move Hoppa on when he couldve
naively relied on Burton this year.
Wasted a warchest
has carried us into last place
has the team going backward
questionable selection
Weird emphasis on youth over experience and lack of understanding you need short term answers to pave the way for a long term answer.
negative coaching record beforehand.

He has done worse than Pay who got our guys going for a bit. Pay got roasted, whereas he had a worse squad and got us going.

Yes he did get burton, and yes the players like him. But that can only be relied on so long. love cock.
Nasheed tell the truth, you're a bit salty with Barrett after you didn't get the call up when our 5 players had to isolate last week.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
This thread comes out all the time like losing 66-0 is a normal occurrence and playing a player who skipped training for alcohol

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
There’s a reason why a high percentage of our squad are being let go. Can’t turn a turd into a diamond. Name me a better top 30 squad than ours? There’s a reason why we are last and it’s got nothing to do with Barrett.
I could name 15. 17 if you include super league.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
You are missing the point.. no one expected them to be world beaters.. but I certainly didn't expect them to regress this badly..

A good coach will improve the shittest of players even to a small degree.. all our players have gone backwards..

If Barrett managed squeeze a bit more of performance out of this squad we would have jagged a few more wins..

It's funny when these "shit" squad members move on to other clubs and perform better under different structures like reimis smith for instance.. hell even Montoya looks better at the warriors....

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thanks bro

I think the whole kennel will be sweet now. No more:

Opinions on every turkey off contract
Sack Baz threads
Club will fold without immediate signings
NRL is corrupt threads
If only.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
I get we are playing like shit, but let’s not get upset. We will be gaining some real talent (burton, jac, tpj etc) - fire power which we haven’t had in a while, and we have had emerging players such as avo etc break out. We will come good by next year, mark my words.

If we end up playing shit next year, with a shit team, then get up the players. But you can’t blame Barrett given his supporting cast at this moment.
If this was our first poor season, I'd be right there with you; but I've heard the same "wait and see" too often to stifle any enthusiasm for a next season turnaround.
Not expecting anything different, even with the troops we have recruited. There is a toxic environment at the Dogs, where mediocre is considered good enough.

Birddog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
You are missing the point.. no one expected them to be world beaters.. but I certainly didn't expect them to regress this badly..

A good coach will improve the shittest of players even to a small degree.. all our players have gone backwards..

If Barrett managed squeeze a bit more of performance out of this squad we would have jagged a few more wins..

It's funny when these "shit" squad members move on to other clubs and perform better under different structures like reimis smith for instance.. hell even Montoya looks better at the warriors....
This is it exactly spot on.

Didnt expect to climb the ladder but expected improvement not regression from player and team performance and that is what we have witnessed

kungfuman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Really Remis Smith improved? not in any Melbourne game ive watched!

• Haha
Reactions: GDR

dogbone

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Until we figure out what our 1/6/7/9 looks like the rest of the signings wont really make a significant difference.

So far:
1) Averillo / JAC / Allan
6) Burton
7) Averillo / Wakeham / Flanagan
9) JMK

Doesn't really instil that much confidence moving forward. Now if we can replace JMK with Smith and at some point this season we are able to move Averillo to fullback and he shows some potential then i'll be even more confident for 2022.

This could be our team:
1) Averillo
2) JAC
3) Naden
4) Cotric
5) Okunbour^
6) Burton
7) Wakeham / Flanagan
8) Hetherington
9) Smith*
10) Thompson
11) RFM
12) TPJ*
13) Jackson
Bench: JMK / Seumanufagai^ / Topine / Atoni^
Backs Backups: Allan, Schoupp
Forwards Backups: Elliott, Doorey, Waddell

* - possible signings
^ - re-signed

So if we let the others off-contract go, we still need to buy a couple prop forwards. Hopefully at least one with NRL experience.