Relax…

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I agree it's too early to judge Barrett, but I'm already noting some very worrying signs. He signed Flanagan, talked him up to a ridiculous extent and then less than 10 rounds into the season, he dropped him. He has purchased players HE wanted and proceeded to move them around from position to position in an almost knee jerk reactionary way. He doesn't seem to be sure of his own plans. So how can the team be?

I hope he proves me wrong, but I already have some major concerns.

Last edited:

Birddog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I agree it's too early to judge Barrett, but I'm already noting some very worrying signs. He signed Flanagan, talked him up to a ridiculous extent and then less than 10 rounds into the season, he dropped him. He has purchased players HE wanted and proceeded to move them around from position to position in an almost knee jerk reactionary way. He doesn't seem to be sure of his own plans. So how can the team be?

I hope he proves me wrong, but I already have some major concerns.
This is one of the most concerning for me.
Not only talk him but went all in with it with massive over inflated comments about the kid. 10 rounds later absolutely hammers the kid in the press and throws him under the bus. How does Flannigan even come back from that, was very poor man management

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
This is one of the most concerning for me.
Not only talk him but went all in with it with massive over inflated comments about the kid. 10 rounds later absolutely hammers the kid in the press and throws him under the bus. How does Flannigan even come back from that, was very poor man management
Yeah, totally....Flanagan gets so much stick on here....and I can understand to an extent....there's no doubt his game is limited.....but Barrett set him up for a huge fall....talking players up to that extent then throwing them to the wolves will not improve our club culture.

The Raven

Waterboy
Reaction score
The problem with Trent is he's a nice guy and we all know where they finish .
Look at his coaching record so far he coached a Penrith u20s team containing CHN DWZ JFH Edwards Yeo and few others in the current first grade side who were younger and couldn't get them into the top 8 after consistantly being in finals before and after he was the coach.
At Manly same with their team which had stars and some xfactor duck egg results as well .
Trying to be best fiends with players doesn't get results ,its exactly like parents who try and be besties with their kids just wont work..................a line in the sand has to be drawn to get were you want to be.