Refs

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I find it hard to believe every time we are in a game the refs always blow us off the park. Yes some were our fault but it’s just plain cheating when your counts are 3-4 times the amount of the opposing team.

I’m over the 6 agains and stupid rulings, one team gets more leverage then others and a lot of the time it’s the higher placed teams who get the rub. Nrl is gona die a slow death if this keeps up. 13-4 infringements in that game… cmon what a gee up

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I'm not one to blame refs and we still could have won if Meaney didn't have a shocker and if Lewis had a brain. But I'm sick to death of the opposition getting minimal six agains against them while we get pinged for everything.

You can argue in the blowouts that we deserve it and most times we do. But in the close games like the last two weeks, there's no way Souths and the Roosters were faultless in defence.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep happens every week

It’s ok to vent but until the club grows a fucking backbone and calls it out in the post match presser then nothing will change.

Cop the $20k. Baz just needs to say there are rules for top teams and rules for bottom teams. 2 weeks in a row we have been despised outsiders and would have won with a 50/50 share of ref calls.

dekepefc

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I swear the ref called a six again late in the game (maybe 10 mins to go) for us, but bell never rung and we had to kick away two tackles later (Lewis kicked it)...

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Hopefully with Gould on board and the fact he generally has a bigger influence in the game we eventually get our fair share.

When you have millionaire and billionaire backers like the Souths (Crowe), Roosters (Politis), Storm (News Ltd) and etc you are bound to get the calls go your way. Panthers seemed to have come out on top after Gould worked his magic there, we need external influence as this world and this game will always be weighted heavily in favour of the rich and powerful.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The six again are a real lottery and if you get them after only one tackle and not in the opponent red zone it is worthless. It would be interesting to see just how many six again are given well into the tackle count and the position on the field they are given. Big difference early in the count and in your own half as to late and in the opponent half.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm not one to blame refs and we still could have won if Meaney didn't have a shocker and if Lewis had a brain. But I'm sick to death of the opposition getting minimal six agains against them while we get pinged for everything.

You can argue in the blowouts that we deserve it and most times we do. But in the close games like the last two weeks, there's no way Souths and the Roosters were faultless in defence.
In fact, in the last bombed try by Souths there was a blatant obstruction, yet we didn't get a penalty, just a restart on our ten.
We were pinged for everything tonight. It was close game, but we were starved of possession, and it's become standard every game that we chase decent possession. Yes, we are poor at holding the ball, but the opposition get some pretty cheap repeat sets to keep pressure on us.