Recruitment Suggestions - Consolidated Thread

Should the bulldogs make Reynolds priority number one target for 2022?

• Total voters

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Pene goes well for Storm.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Dogzilla is going very well for Catalans and Maloney as well.

So too Josh Reynolds for Hull.

steveng

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
These players would be my targets . The Storm connection with JAC would bring a winning culture and experience , Afoa and Tevaga would add aggression and skill, they would also come reasonably priced. I would like to add Sua but I doubt we could afford him as well.

Move on DWZ & Allen early to make space for Hynes .

Only keep Okunbur and Meany from the group of off contract players.

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
wishful thinking. I cant see us getting all of them but i'd be happy enough with smith and afoa. Hynes would just be a huge bonus. I think we'll be paying pretty hefty for smith and every game hynes plays his value just goes up and up so he'd be on a decent contract next year if he was to come over, not sure how much cap space we've got for all of these signings

Abdul..

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I'm always worried picking up players from the Storm. They are so well coached in a fantastic system, that makes me wonder how they would perform outside of it.

Stimson is a perfect example.

I guess there are players that have moved on and kicked on, bit not many come to mind.

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm always worried picking up players from the Storm. They are so well coached in a fantastic system, that makes me wonder how they would perform outside of it.

Stimson is a perfect example.

I guess there are players that have moved on and kicked on, bit not many come to mind.
Apart from Cronk...special case I know

It seemed like a decent signing at the time, but I don't remember Stimson being a standout. Just a grunt forward (probably had Bellyache on his case every day to stop being lazy, something that may not happen here). I don't remember his lateral movement being so bad at the Storms, but I wasn't looking for it.

Somehow I don't think JAC, Cheese or Nicho would turn to shit like Stimson has.

IMHO, Nicho is a pipe dream for us and I'm seriously concerned Cheese will fall through...why the delay, whats to talk about? If its the Storms wanting a suitable replacement, there's slim pickings here but who do they want?

Abdul..

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Stimson would score tries as an edge runner when with storm. With us no such thing.

Rassayri

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think our cap is much worse then people think and the club is letting on we are more in likely gonna have the same squad next year with the new 3 signings we probably gonna re sign say 4 players from the non contracted players maybe bring 5 up from development and sign 3-4 average players

Packstar

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I think our cap is much worse then people think and the club is letting on we are more in likely gonna have the same squad next year with the new 3 signings we probably gonna re sign say 4 players from the non contracted players maybe bring 5 up from development and sign 3-4 average players
There is definitely a few players on a very nice salary, while we gain some salary cap space back with Napa & Hopoate, who i presume will not be re-signed.

I'd love to know who and what 3rd party sponsors we have available who are connected with Arthur Laundy.

Mr. Laundy & his son have been extremely quiet of late. Wasn't Laundy Jnr going to be a part of the board?

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Apart from Cronk...special case I know

It seemed like a decent signing at the time, but I don't remember Stimson being a standout. Just a grunt forward (probably had Bellyache on his case every day to stop being lazy, something that may not happen here). I don't remember his lateral movement being so bad at the Storms, but I wasn't looking for it.

Somehow I don't think JAC, Cheese or Nicho would turn to shit like Stimson has.

IMHO, Nicho is a pipe dream for us and I'm seriously concerned Cheese will fall through...why the delay, whats to talk about? If its the Storms wanting a suitable replacement, there's slim pickings here but who do they want?
Going to challenge that...

Tohu Harris, Jordan McLean, Blake Green, Marika Koribete, Kevin Proctor, Scott Drinkwater, Curist Scott, Tino Fa'masouali are just recent players. How about Matt Orford, Steve Turner, Steve Bell, Greg Inglis from yesteryear?

Whilst yes - there are some players who do shine in their system. But others are doing just fine when they enter another.

It's down to the player. Look at Tohu @ the Warriors. Him and RTS constantly their best players. KP @ the GC, Drinkwater standing out in a garbage side further up north. Tino doing well for his new club. Crippler repped for Australia whilst with the Storm, but did so again after joining the Cows. Koribete a Wallaby... in effect, I agree with you... Fatson was never a standout at the Storm. Showed glimpses but was not consistent.

But there are players Bellamy has groomed who have gone elsewhere and flourished, or at least, maintained some level of consistency in their playing ability.

Rassayri

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is definitely a few players on a very nice salary, while we gain some salary cap space back with Napa & Hopoate, who i presume will not be re-signed.

I'd love to know who and what 3rd party sponsors we have available who are connected with Arthur Laundy.

Mr. Laundy & his son have been extremely quiet of late. Wasn't Laundy Jnr going to be a part of the board?
Don’t get me started about our so called sponsorship with the Laundys first year for free then our major sponsor paying 200k a year for our prime sponsorship where it should be valued over 500k a year

Rassayri

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let’s be real here we are 3-5 years away from being competitive

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Going to challenge that...

Tohu Harris, Jordan McLean, Blake Green, Marika Koribete, Kevin Proctor, Scott Drinkwater, Curist Scott, Tino Fa'masouali are just recent players. How about Matt Orford, Steve Turner, Steve Bell, Greg Inglis from yesteryear?

Whilst yes - there are some players who do shine in their system. But others are doing just fine when they enter another.

It's down to the player. Look at Tohu @ the Warriors. Him and RTS constantly their best players. KP @ the GC, Drinkwater standing out in a garbage side further up north. Tino doing well for his new club. Crippler repped for Australia whilst with the Storm, but did so again after joining the Cows. Koribete a Wallaby... in effect, I agree with you... Fatson was never a standout at the Storm. Showed glimpses but was not consistent.

But there are players Bellamy has groomed who have gone elsewhere and flourished, or at least, maintained some level of consistency in their playing ability.
Glad you pointed that out.

Puts a little more perspective on what a lot of us thought :grinning:

Getting a Storm player not the waste we assumed. Just judge individuals.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
If Flanagan is not going to get a run next season and the SJ rumour is true... Then I say fuck SJ I'd rather get someone like Adam Clune on a cheap deal and spend more money on Cheese and front rower. Clube hasn't been too bad when in first grade and isn't afraid to run the ball.