Recruitment Suggestions - Consolidated Thread

Should the bulldogs make Reynolds priority number one target for 2022?

• Total voters

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Isn't Finucane thinking of coming back to Sydney?

astroboy

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Isn't Finucane thinking of coming back to Sydney?
He would be chasing a massive contract as he turning 31 years old next year so he probably end up going to a team that offers the biggest contract. I hope the Dogs don't go for him eventhough he is a great player he gives away too many penalties. We already have 2-3 players that give away penalties.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
He would be chasing a massive contract as he turning 31 years old next year so he probably end up going to a team that offers the biggest contract. I hope the Dogs don't go for him eventhough he is a great player he gives away too many penalties. We already have 2-3 players that give away penalties.
Agreed would be great to put some steel into our club but $500k 2 year deal no more

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Connor Watson is a must in today’s game and how it is played
Don't think he has much of a passing game but he'd be worth a shot at fullback if we aren't planning on playing JAC or Averillo there

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We need experience

Tpj
Lolo
Milford
Haas
Hodgson
Pearce

Get it done, kids we have coming through at least 2 years away and besides you cannot throw them to the wolves, need some experienced campIgners to guide them through

a dogs life

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
How’s Kasiano going in the Super League? Apart from getting a John Hopoate special on the weekend, any point looking to get him back for a bench spot in 2022?

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How’s Kasiano going in the Super League? Apart from getting a John Hopoate special on the weekend, any point looking to get him back for a bench spot in 2022?
He got fingered yesterday. That's about all I know of his form over there.

a dogs life

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
We need experience

Tpj
Lolo
Milford
Haas
Hodgson
Pearce

Get it done, kids we have coming through at least 2 years away and besides you cannot throw them to the wolves, need some experienced campIgners to guide them through
No thanks to Pearce, more trouble than he’s worth….despite what they say, Knights are over him. He’s been running amok up there since he arrived. We have a bunch of promising kids coming through, we don’t need his influence at the club.

a dogs life

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
So lets sign no one then

We DONT have a number 7
He’s a culture killer, will do more harm than good. Hansen (and Barrett) continually talk about the importance of culture of the club/team. Pearce just first fit that mould.

gbrussell

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
If we are going to get a good young player from Super League, I would go for Jack Welsby from St.Hekens His try in last year's GF against Wigan highlights his 100% effort. 20 years old and can play anywhere in the back 5.

Matthew G

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If we are going to get a good young player from Super League, I would go for Jack Welsby from St.Hekens His try in last year's GF against Wigan highlights his 100% effort. 20 years old and can play anywhere in the back 5.
we dont need more backs, we need forwards, Morgan Knowles from St Helens is the next big thing, top quality 13

astroboy

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I am reading that Joseph Manu is off-contract next season. Also we know Ryan Papenhuzyen is off-contract if we were able to acquire one of them who would be the best fit for our club?

Manu is a top 3 centre at the NRL and also does a pretty good job at Fullback.

Papenhuzyen is electric and is also regarded as a top 3 fullback. But recently getting injured regularly.

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have said a couple of times that imo panthers might not mind letting him go early if they can win gf this year. Given his age and normally they have talents everywhere. Recent news about him could increase the chance of that.

Dogmonster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I doubt it highly that they will let him go, the wells are dry for number 9s at Penrith right now, Mitch Kenny is next in line and he is nothing special at all.