Recruitment Suggestions - Consolidated Thread

Should the bulldogs make Reynolds priority number one target for 2022?

• Total voters

jake6

Kennel Established
Reaction score
If wasn’t so long ago, a lot of good judges were calling Josh Hodgson the best hooker in the game.

Starling seems to be keeping him out of the side. I think he would be a good fit for our team.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
If wasn’t so long ago, a lot of good judges were calling Josh Hodgson the best hooker in the game.

Starling seems to be keeping him out of the side. I think he would be a good fit for our team.
I'd take him for a year for sure. One teams supposed trash is anothers treasure eg Ennis and Sharks

alic

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I believe , Brandon smith and Rudolph are almost done deals .

We will go after kikau and junior paulo for the following year .

We will throw the kitchen sink at kikau .
Smith is very very close if not done already . Rudolph , I hope we get .

Not a fan of the Brent naden signing .
Waddell / Allen / Flanagan are turning out to be horrible signings . Never rated Flanagan nor the other two for that matter but was given false hope .
Let’s hope we build a side good enough in this salary cap window that will make them better players.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Joseph Tapine

His missus posted on social media shit canning Ricky saying "you can't blame the ref when your interchange is shit, you have an international warming the bench for 50mins... trash"

Hopefully Tapine is on the outer or soon to be... He's a player that we need badly, hard **** who takes no shit. Club would be mad to not make an enquiry and say look we gifted you CHN if Joey isn't happy let's work something out.

a dogs life

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Perhaps this had been discussed so apologies if it has, but in case we don’t get Cheese for hooker, Connor Watson could be a good option as he’s off contract.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
How open are we to recouping Andrew Fifita?

I have it on good authority that Morris doesn't like him and hasn't for a while. Nothing from my insider but a separate network of friends that know the Morris family has told me this.
The reason is Andrew doesn't pull his weight behind the scenes and hasn't been reviewing his tapes which is part of Morris' training. I think head management like him though.
Either way, I feel that where's there's smoke, there is opportunity.....

....if we want it.

do we want it?
Does he still gots it?

we need a bargearse forward.
Nasheed with the good oil
Missed opportunity to have got him half pri

fifita is lying though.
It was late last year Morris told him to medically retire and Andrew said to F off

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Bulldogs should throw the cheque book at Nico Hynes. He must be a priority
Hes worth 800K a season. Melbourne won’t match that.

jpneves

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If Hodgson goes to Brisbane do we offer Turpin money?? Why don’t we offer Pengai jr some money (Napa’s contract plus some more)

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
If Hodgson goes to Brisbane do we offer Turpin money?? Why don’t we offer Pengai jr some money (Napa’s contract plus some more)
I like Turpin, but he's had an ordinary year this year so far. If we were to miss out on Brandon Smith I'd be looking at him for the right price (he'd be cheap, maybe competition from Titans).

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
We need to make enquiries about Hudson Young... Best backrower at Canberra and only gets game time with 6 to go in the first half

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We need to make enquiries about Hudson Young... Best backrower at Canberra and only gets game time with 6 to go in the first half
He was my pick of all off contract back rowers, but the Raiders re signed him earlier this year - I think a 3 year deal.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
He was my pick of all off contract back rowers, but the Raiders re signed him earlier this year - I think a 3 year deal.
He exploded out of the blocks at the start of the season, fuck knows what's happened and why Ricky has CHN starting over him along with a few others. Hopefully he's had a falling out with Ricky and we can make a play, Ennis froths over him lol, get Ennis to the club in an assistant role and coerce him over I say

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He exploded out of the blocks at the start of the season, fuck knows what's happened and why Ricky has CHN starting over him along with a few others. Hopefully he's had a falling out with Ricky and we can make a play, Ennis froths over him lol, get Ennis to the club in an assistant role and coerce him over I say
Ennis might be able to coerce a few others as well....
Joe Tapine....are you listening, we want you here.

jpneves

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hodgson is himself unsure about his future at the raiders
If he goes to Brisbane as some rumours has been going around. Do we look at Turpin or Hethrington?

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone knows hows rhys martin going in super league? I thought he brought some skills and mobility when he played for us. Pay didnt seem to like him but hes not here anymore.