Recruitment Suggestions - Consolidated Thread

Should the bulldogs make Reynolds priority number one target for 2022?

• Total voters

red-dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
If Flanagan is not going to get a run next season and the SJ rumour is true... Then I say fuck SJ I'd rather get someone like Adam Clune on a cheap deal and spend more money on Cheese and front rower. Clube hasn't been too bad when in first grade and isn't afraid to run the ball.
Do we really need another average half? I agree Adam Clune is underrated but he isn't who we need. I would prefer Shaun Johnson but in the event we don't sign him, i'd rather stick with who we have and wait out for a top quality half to hit the market. With Burton coming next year and Averillo improving as a half, we don't need to panic buy. I think long term Averillo is our fullback solution, but there isn't a need to rush him there.

Have a look at the top quality halves left in the NRL. It's honestly lower than it's ever been. There are maybe 6 quality halfbacks in the NRL, the rest are about average. If we have an opportunity to sign a half of Shaun Johnson's level then we really have to consider it. Especially when there aern't many halves off contract for the next few years.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
If Flanagan is not going to get a run next season and the SJ rumour is true... Then I say fuck SJ I'd rather get someone like Adam Clune on a cheap deal and spend more money on Cheese and front rower. Clube hasn't been too bad when in first grade and isn't afraid to run the ball.
I’m no Clune expert, but I know him as a young developing half.
That’s not the player the dogs need. We need an organising leader and that’s usually a result of experience.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I’m no Clune expert, but I know him as a young developing half.
That’s not the player the dogs need. We need an organising leader and that’s usually a result of experience.
Myself and you both mentioned Townsend ages ago before Flanno and we got roasted.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Myself and you both mentioned Townsend ages ago before Flanno and we got roasted.
I maintain that could have been a cheap and decent option.
basically what we wanted from Flanno but with runs on the board. I wish we even made a play for him this year.

JAYDOG

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Tyrone Peachey has points in him.& With the new smaller style ball playing lock coming into play could be handy..

a dogs life

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Was just standing next to Craig Bellamy in Noosa and congratulated him on last night’s spanking of the Tigers. When he asked me who I supported, I told him the Dogs and that it would be great if we could get Cheese for next year. He just smiled and laughed….am really hoping it wasn’t a 2023 if at all, kind of laugh….

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Was just standing next to Craig Bellamy in Noosa and congratulated him on last night’s spanking of the Tigers. When he asked me who I supported, I told him the Dogs and that it would be great if we could get Cheese for next year. He just smiled and laughed….am really hoping it wasn’t a 2023 if at all, kind of laugh….
Im thinking the latter!

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
does anyone know whether Ash Taylor has re-signed with the Titans and if so, on what sort of money?

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
does anyone know whether Ash Taylor has re-signed with the Titans and if so, on what sort of money?
This is his last year contracted on 1m. He'll be getting less than half of that for his next contract, tbh probably less than 1/3rd.

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is his last year contracted on 1m. He'll be getting less than half of that for his next contract, tbh probably less than 1/3rd.
with Fogarty guaranteed a spot in the halves, then one of Taylor and Tanah Boyd miss out... if the club are looking for more halves, perhaps the Titans is the place to look

still, I am happy with the backs as is for 2022... we're wrecked in the forwards though

Jackson_1994

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Story going around today kodi nikorima is close to going to the Titans if that's the case I doubt Taylor will be up there next year

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
if the club want another half AND Taylor accepts a 50%+ reduction in salary (which I doubt), I think he is worth a punt

and before anyone starts, I know he has not lived up to expectations and the money at the Titans... but there is talent there

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Taylor def worth a shot its clear titans wont offer anywhere near his current deal

ATT

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I believe it could be a blessing in disguise missing out on Johnston. We have some talent coming through the grades in 20s Bbo , sgb Rajeb and O’Neill and Matt’s Iverson Teo who’s been a stand out in school boy reps and turned Matt’s season around on return from injury.
With all the talent there we don’t need to panic. Not sure who should partner Burton. But we are not in a terrible position.
if anything we need one middle a dominant one. And a hooker and wish list fullback with meany gone.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
We don’t seem too successful with our strategy thus far.

Just wonder if if y’all see any value in getting any of these guys for the right price?
Rein on a two year deal is looking very attractive to me if we can’t get Hodgson or Bsmith.
658D6922-09AE-439C-A83F-97880FF7C632.jpeg

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
No decent props /2nd rowers this year so i next year we should go for moses leota and kikau