Rd 21 v Panthers

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Let in two tries from dummy half
Fair enough but Okunbur lets in 5 tries a game from the halfway line and jogs back after jersey grabbing once they've made the break he was responsible for.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Penrith by a squillion.

Ciraldo making Barrett look like Bennett
Not even Baz 2.0 clone...worse ....with those selections at present :(

The players confidence and cohesion chopped up even more today.

At least they have an excuse and they will probably feel they can blame the coach...along with most Bulldog fans. Shouldnt of course but this is a broken group of guys.

Can only hope and pray they don't totally cave in. We live in hope...pls can we look at least "ok" and not a shambles.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
This is the worst Bulldogs 17 I have ever fucking seen... Perham FB, should be left centre if he's in the side. Averillo should be FB... Okunbur starting edge hahaha. Also why not just play NuBrown at 9 or 14...
So many cooked selections, I wonder what Gus thinks of this team.

Moey91

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just curious

Who on earth do you pick considering how putrid the reserves have been and all injuries

Name a line up and it’ll be putrid no matter what
Not wrong man. We actually have no talent in this fuckin team.

I dont blame the **** for reshuffling this team. As I stated before I’ll give him til 6 rounds of 2024

The panthers are unbeatable no matter who they vs. just hope we dont panick which we always do

I can see it now:

- not contesting the bombs
- slice down the middle
- not stopping the offloads
- wrapping the legs to not make metres

They will dominate

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Waddell had his Ironman performance last week so expect an absolute stinker today.

On the other hand Burton was crap last week so expect a world class performance today.

The inconsistencies in this team are mind boggling. The only consistency is the deadwood being reserve grade standard every week.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I'll keep saying it but Gus is a complete fraud at the top level.
I agree. Not sure why short term he can’t put a competent squad of vets together around blooding juniors. A 10th placed finish is better then this complete garbage

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
There's no fight left in the optimists like myself either.. No more benefit of the doubt given.. He's absolutely taking the piss lately and proving week by week how much he's in over his head..
It’s been a weird place the kennel lately, it’s just pure defeat from fans now :(

Eesma

Kennel Established
Reaction score
This is going to be rough. I kind of understand Avo to 7, though. On our defensive efforts the past few weeks, the only chance we have of not being completely embarrassed is to score some points. Rajab, Flanno and KO in the halves have shown 0 creativity. At least Avo might (bolded and italicised for the level of confidence I have in this statement >.< ) be an attacking threat.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I could maybe understand some of the reshuffle but I don't get Preston and Topine both being dropped but having Ok on an edge.

So Averillo Flanno and Reed swap I see maybe because he wants better defense in the middle to start the game. Then maybe after 20 minutes Averillo drops back to FB, Reed comes on and Flanno to HB. Either Perham or Alamoti back to the bench. This seems like some genuine fart assing around so panthers don't know who they are marking.
And of course that will bamboozle Pennies :grinning:

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Imagine benching your captain (not to say he doesn't deserve it with his form) but starting Okunbur again after what he did against Newcastle?

You're saying to your squad certain players need to lift and are held accountable.. But Okunbur, you're fine mate.. Go play 80 minutes on an edge against the best left side attack in the comp..

MoNkEy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Surely this is a massive troll?

Perhaps the ‘Dogs social media has been hacked.

Moey91

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is going to be rough. I kind of understand Avo to 7, though. On our defensive efforts the past few weeks, the only chance we have of not being completely embarrassed is to score some points. Rajab, Flanno and KO in the halves have shown 0 creativity. At least Avo might (bolded and italicised for the level of confidence I have in this statement >.< ) be an attacking threat.
And if he fails, I cannot wait to see all the avo lovers on here to see what their excuse is

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
There's no fight left in the optimists like myself either.. No more benefit of the doubt given.. He's absolutely taking the piss lately and proving week by week how much he's in over his head..
Gotta be trouble in the camp. He is making illogical decisions ...to prove a point ...or break dissenter's spirit....he can't be thaaat bad a coach.