Rd 21 v Panthers

Cantabrian35

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
From the look of the carnage in here today, I think going to the game was a better choice. If you think going to the game was tough going, reading the commentary on here was considerably worse.

JFH and Leota are two of the competition's best go forward men and Martin and Sorensen thrive off the back of the foundation they set. In the first 25-30 minutes, they seemed to be taking up 3-4 plays in every set of six, I can't recall Edwards even having a run in this period (which is rare). Interesting that Penrith's win rate with JFH playing is 75%+ but it drops to 54% when he is out.

Until we find a couple of forwards that can limit the metres of the opposition's main men and create a platform for our attacking sets, the bad times will continue.

In the doom and gloom, a couple of players put in really solid efforts. Skelton still needs a little polish but his NSW Cup running form looks like it has translated well into first grade and Max King made 42 tackles with one miss in 49 minutes. If the club can find a middle or two, I think King would be one of the main beneficiaries.

The Penrith fans were very respectful to be honest, I guess they don't need to be boastful when their team does all the talking. I remember that feeling ... back in the 80's.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Other than signing up better players and getting rid of deadwood, What aspect of our game has improved from last year under CC ?

captain obvious here, but our roster on paper is way better than we ever had in the last 7 years , but we seem to be going backwards in every facet of the game.
Early in the season we looked pretty decent in some games considering the injuries, sin bins etc. We hung in defensively and at the time I felt the club/Ciraldo handled it well and didnt lay blame or look for excuses.

Unfortunately the big cracks really started to show in the round 11, 24-12 loss to the warriors. We had notably regressed compared to previous meeting in R4. It's was telling at that our middle third was fatigued hard and not up to it for the long haul.

Players straight up tired and broken, they have just given up collectively as a group.
Burton 19 from 28 tackles @ 68%

Great leader....
Arguably the worst defensive player in the comp when it comes to complete technique. Brown snake has bigger shoulders

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
In that case, let's ask Craig for a swap with Hughes
Hughes missing Kafusi alot this year. I still think FB is Hughes best position.