Rd 1 vs Eels 3-2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yeah seems like he is too laid back to seize the reins of a struggling club and pull them up by the boot straps using any and all means available to him. The guys just have not responded to his style which suits an already established system and roster it seems at this stage.

His style, at an unsuccessful club like this, requires years and years of roster hit and miss and all players on the same wavelength until they all fall into place ...that rarely happens short term, so looks like 5 years it is sadly till he imposes his style on a other round of players coming through.

In the meantime he is appears prepared to wear the losses and the ref decisions and their influence over outcomes of the games. It's all part of the CC process and his long term thinking.
It was stupid to sign him to a 5 year deal in the first place. Two would have been enough.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He was late on the Harper try and also the 4020 but he did have a try assist and line break assist too so wasn’t the worst player on our jersey
Only fractionally late though. Split second earlier and he may have pushed harper into touch. So I wouldn't put that one on him. He didn't set the world on fire, I agree.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
you expecting people to be happy after a loss? lol
20-0 at one point, destroyed in the middle, zero creativity and go forward, took 60 minutes to get the ball to Critta and Kikau. Wasn’t just a loss, it was miserable but we shouldn’t have a meltdown lol

Reactions: 88

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They could have scored more, once Moses went into walking mode due to his groin.it was part our defensive grit, but of luck and clearly Parra were out of sorts.
I think you’ll know what type of team it is next week, hard to say when there’s 11 or 13 errors .. that’s just not going to win. But defence was a lot better that’s the positive I’ll take out of that plus didn’t roll over like previous seasons. Still a long way to go..

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I think you’ll know what type of team it is next week, hard to say when there’s 11 or 13 errors .. that’s just not going to win. But defence was a lot better that’s the positive I’ll take out of that plus didn’t roll over like previous seasons. Still a long way to go..
100% there was defensive grit there but Parra didn’t throw much tbh. They looked disjointed as it was round 1. I did like our last ditch tackle attempts to stop Gutho and I think RCG or Cartwright?

ash160

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
3. Curren
2. King
1. Hutchison did ok. Played off the back foot all game. I still think Sexton is the better option at 7

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Defense has certainly been at the forefront of our season, so I expect our attack to be a work in progress. As much as the loss disappoints me, I can definitely see the improvements on last year. Let's look at some stats:

Our tackle efficiency was 88.08% to their 90.75%, and we missed 29 tackles to their 23, yet we made 399 tackles to their 265.

Add to this line breaks were only 4-3 their way, tackle breaks only 29-23 their way, and average set metres 36.97 - 36.08 their way.

Parramatta had 13 more sets with ball in hand, had 240 runs to our 156, and completed at 89% to our 72%.

Add to this that the fox played busted for 10 mins and didnt play the second half, causing a us to move salmon out of his ball playing link role to the centres, and kiraz to the other side of the field.

If you look at these stats you would expect that we got pumped! Especially since we were up against a side with much better halves, and a far superior forward pack, that were looking for redemption after a very poor 2023. Yet the game ended 4 tries to 2. Hardly the flogging that the stats suggest.
They had about 13 offloads I think. We had one from memory (Kiraz). Our forwards had trouble handling their forwards. Especially Paulo. Ciraldo should have played Poasa for longer. We need ZT in the starting team as soon as he's fit enough

Dyldog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
How many runs and run metres?
1m less than Kiks and
How many runs and run metres?
Not sure if you watched the game or not but we spent most of the day coming out of our own half in attack and that’s generally the outside backs job due to the fact the blokes in the middle are doing all the defending. But just for reference he made 1 less meter than Kiks and 27 more tackles than him.

Status
Not open for further replies.