Rd 1 vs Eels 3-2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I think your being overly critical. Despite losing the ball in a gang tackle where he was pushed back 10m, and should have been called held he actually wasn't that bad. My only real blight on his game was him passing to fox when he was clearly badly injured on that spread play. His positional play was pretty good, and he true to get into the game with limited opportunity.
He was late on the Harper try and also the 4020 but he did have a try assist and line break assist too so wasn’t the worst player on our jersey

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I think your being overly critical. Despite losing the ball in a gang tackle where he was pushed back 10m, and should have been called held he actually wasn't that bad. My only real blight on his game was him passing to fox when he was clearly badly injured on that spread play. His positional play was pretty good, and he true to get into the game with limited opportunity.
Gutherson is the rock star fullback we wish we had, instead we are stuck with another reserve grade fill in.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Speaking of dumb dummy half runs what about Reed always trying to milk a penalty running to the markers like bro you ain’t getting that call just fkn pass the ball and don’t miss 10 tackles
Only thing that did, is further show up the incompetent ref and the one-sided "interpretations" of the rules. Parra could do almost anything tbey wanted whereas, as usual, Bulldogs penalised for the most marginal of 6 agains etc.

This just simply must be addressed. But because we are a "Loser" club that is targetted by Daily Telucrap and lesser extent Fox, (their hate for Gus and our club coming to the fore), we are just treated like fodder.

Doesn't help that we play like dummies either of course.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
3 Curran
2 Mahoney
1 Daylight

Only positive for me was our defence in the context of the game, last season, Parra puts 40+ on us with 59% possession (most of which was in our red zone).

Low points:
-Our middles got dominated
-Zero creativity
-We had a severe case of dick fingers (13 errors)
-Coach should have hooked Fox when it was clear he was compromised
-Wingers incapable of strong carry’s (Skelton needs to come into the frame)
-Burton (is officially overrated, maybe the centre switch should come into play and sexy/hutch forms our halves?)
-Wilson and Taaffe struggled, particularly disappointed in Taaffe, had him as a surprise packet this season.

It’ll be very interesting to see what the 17 looks like next week.
If 2023 selections after a loss are anything to go by: no changess unless forced by injury.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Only thing that did, is further show up the incompetent ref and the one-sided "interpretations" of the rules. Parra could do almost anything tbey wanted whereas, as usual, Bulldogs penalised for the most marginal of 6 agains etc.

This just simply must be addressed. But because we are a "Loser" club that is targetted by Daily Telucrap and lesser extent Fox, (their hate for Gus and our club coming to the fore), we are just treated like fodder.

Doesn't help that we play like dummies either of course.
I think I saw we got 4 ruck indiscretions ie six agains but Eels had none

7-7 penalty count including the consolation one at 79 min 30 sec

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I think I saw we got 4 ruck indiscretions ie six agains but Eels had none

7-7 penalty count including the consolation one at 79 min 30 sec
True..but we all know how those penalties etc stats can be manipulated. How many 6 agains for nit picking indiscretions did he give in our 20m and on 4th/5th tackle?

We all saw multiple interference in the marker and ptb by Parra. No penalty.

We were so dumb you can't blame the ref for it, but there was enough evidence out there that showed there was an uneven flow of possession "created" for Eels when Bulldogs should have received a penalty but it was not forthcoming.

By comparison the Cup ref seemed to be even handed.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
True..but we all know how those penalties etc stats can be manipulated. How many 6 agains for nit picking indiscretions did he give in our 20m and on 4th/5th tackle?

We all saw multiple interference in the marker and ptb by Parra. No penalty.

We were so dumb you can't blame the ref for it, but there was enough evidence out there that showed there was an uneven flow of possession "created" for Eels when Bulldogs should have received a penalty but it was not forthcoming.

By comparison the Cup ref seemed to be even handed.
Yeah I agree

There was a play in second half Parra attacking our line and Paulo knocked on into our player when in contact the boys were pleading to the ref who instead signals 6 again for Parra for slowing the play the ball ‍♂

Last edited:

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yeah I agree

The was a play in second half Parra attacking our line and Paulo knocked on into our player when in contact the boys were pleading to the ref who instead signals 6 again for Parra for slowing the play the ball ‍[emoji3603]
We could have just launched our captains challenge.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Yeah I agree

The was a play in second half Parra attacking our line and Paulo knocked on into our player when in contact the boys were pleading to the ref who instead signals 6 again for Parra for slowing the play the ball ‍♂
Yeah no challenge either by the guys. You get the sense the guys are knowing they can't get their fair share of calls, 99% of the time get the Loser luck and bounce of the ball. This malaise in our playing fortunes is deep set for a whole host of reasons.

Last edited:

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
7 pages of Hardly anyone giving 3-2-1s here and just ripping into our boys, when I did it in the Sharks trial thread you all ripped into me. Hypocrites, you can all get fucked

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
3- Curran 2. Kiraz 1. Mann. Haven’t watched most of the game due to terrible flu

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you compare stats parra didn’t do that well, should of been 40+ scoreline with that much possession they had the ball for over 10 minutes more than us.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
7 pages of Hardly anyone giving 3-2-1s here and just ripping into our boys, when I did it in the Sharks trial thread you all ripped into me. Hypocrites, you can all get fucked
The comp has now started and 2 points on the line. The natural hope and optimism of pre-season has been replaced by reality.

Looks like you'll still have plenty of chances to rip into the boys lol.

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yeah no challenge either by the guys. You get the sense the guys are knowing they can't get the fair calls, 99% of the time get the Loser luck and bounce of the ball. This malaise in our playing fortunes is deep set for a whole host of reasons.
Our coach is in fairyland. He sees that the boys are in. 2 vs. 1 situation where they are versing the refs and the opposing team. You'd think he would call out the refs and stand up for the team? No, he doesn't.

No wonder many players complained about training. They are busting there, guts out during the week, and then gameday comes they are coping the most ridiculous calls that other sides get away with. Dean Pay said it best: It just feels like we are not supposed to win.

ShepardDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Only 29 missed tackles from 400 attempts. Parra had 23 miss tackles from 265 attempts. We made 135 more tackles than them. Honestly I can see improvement in a defence but we really need to cut the errors out fast and surly we can’t be that ill disciplined compared to them. They were allow to lay all over us while once we tackled them the ref was calling release almost immediately.
Defensive improvement is about to end in the first 8 rounds when our players are tired of being bashed and overworked. Than we’ll go back to being blown out again like last year. Hope I’m wrong.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If you compare stats parra didn’t do that well, should of been 40+ scoreline with that much possession they had the ball for over 10 minutes more than us.
They could have scored more, once Moses went into walking mode due to his groin.it was part our defensive grit, but of luck and clearly Parra were out of sorts.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Our coach is in fairyland. He sees that the boys are in. 2 vs. 1 situation where they are versing the refs and the opposing team. You'd think he would call out the refs and stand up for the team? No, he doesn't.
Yeah seems like he is too laid back to seize the reins of a struggling club and pull them up by the boot straps using any and all means available to him. The guys just have not responded to his style which suits an already established system and roster it seems at this stage.

His style, at an unsuccessful club like this, requires years and years of roster hit and miss and all players on the same wavelength until they all fall into place ...that rarely happens short term, so looks like 5 years it is sadly till he imposes his style on a other round of players coming through.

In the meantime he is appears prepared to wear the losses and the ref decisions and their influence over outcomes of the games. It's all part of the CC process and his long term thinking.

dhoo8450

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Speaking of dumb dummy half runs what about Reed always trying to milk a penalty running to the markers like bro you ain’t getting that call just fkn pass the ball and don’t miss 10 tackles
He's seriously a fuckin moron bro. We've got too many of them on our team.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
3 wilson
2 curran
1 king

Status
Not open for further replies.