Rd 1 vs Eels 3-2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Atkins was screaming as soon as we were on the tackle. While with Parra he was more relaxed and gave them more time in the ruck.
We got outplayed in 2 areas only I feel keeping possession/completion rate and having the ref on your side. Seriously how did we not earn a single set restart?
Ciraldo doesn't help. You would think he would address the way we are reffed, but no, he doesn't.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I was at the game and high up in the stands so didn’t get to see what you would see on tv but it looked really lop sided penalty and 6 again wise. Was it just me or was it justified on tv ?
Atkins was a joke and is probably still upset over Josh Reynolds abusing him last year.

They put the whistle away in Vegas so they were excited to blow the pea out of it.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
3 Curran
2 Mann
1 Salmon

Performance was poor and a continuation of sharks trial disaster.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I was at the game and high up in the stands so didn’t get to see what you would see on tv but it looked really lop sided penalty and 6 again wise. Was it just me or was it justified on tv ?
Just watching back a bit of the first half. Right in our first set RCG gets Preston high, you even see him looking back at the ref guiltily, nothing. Preston is never going to stay down to get a penalty. Given what gets pulled up as high later in the game, I think that counts as a miss by the ref. A little while later Kiraz is clearly held down by Ofengaue, RCG ends up trying to pull him off it is so obvious that it is penalty for slowing down the PTB, Kiraz is trying to push him off, nothing. The penalty against Max King in the 18th minute was 100% incorrect, Ofangaue fell over because his own player stepped on him. When a tackler releases the ball carrier to allow the PTB and lies prone it is on the player with the ball and the DH to avoid the prone player, and for that player to remain prone, that was never a penalty, probably just get on with it.

jake6

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Was out there tonight in a sky box and can not see why everyone is to upset. 4 tries to 2 with one at the death and some dubious calls. Could not buy a penalty. Our attack was rubbish but defence was solid considering the weight of possession. Combinations will improve as the season goes on. Paulo coming off the bench was a great call against out sub standard middles.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Don’t think eels played well. A try our way in the first half and its a different game. Not happy with some of the efforts of some players. Annoyed by the drop balls and ill discipline. More of the same. Too many highly paid players going through the motions.

silva

Utility
Reaction score
Parra just choked us and played very disciplined. Mistakes and penalties really cost us. We managed to keep them to 4 tries and it ended 4 tries to 2. Given the weight of possession and field position it wasn’t a bad result could have lost by 50.
Why did they have such an advantage with yardage and possession? Their halves kicking game was so much better then ours and that had a lot to do with it. They kept the pressure on and kept us down our end. Their props are clearly much bigger and more powerful.
positive is our defence is much improved and we could generate points with our limited opportunities but ofcourse the kennel is in meltdown .

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Just watching back a bit of the first half. Right in our first set RCG gets Preston high, you even see him looking back at the ref guiltily, nothing. Preston is never going to stay down to get a penalty. Given what gets pulled up as high later in the game, I think that counts as a miss by the ref. A little while later Kiraz is clearly held down by Ofengaue, RCG ends up trying to pull him off it is so obvious that it is penalty for slowing down the PTB, Kiraz is trying to push him off, nothing. The penalty against Max King in the 18th minute was 100% incorrect, Ofangaue fell over because his own player stepped on him. When a tackler releases the ball carrier to allow the PTB and lies prone it is on the player with the ball and the DH to avoid the prone player, and for that player to remain prone, that was never a penalty, probably just get on with it.
Telling you know. Until the club grows a spine and speaks up publicly against the refs, we are going to cop these bad calls. You can change a team around so many times, but until we get treated better by the refs nothing is going to change.

Chrisaaar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Telling you know. Until the club grows a spine and speaks up publicly against the refs, we are going to cop these bad calls. You can change a team around so many times, but until we get treated better by the refs nothing is going to change.
It's almost as if we've been told to never mention the refs or we'll have a points deduction (lol) or huge fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.