Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
This guy is fucking dessies twin both cant admit theyre wrong

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Mate, I can tell you their takings have dropped by $100,000 per week since they started the carpark construction. No-one is going there because of all the works. No doubt it will right itself when its all done but that is still a while away and the club, while not insolvent or anything like that, is way down on revenue and they aren't in a position to waste a couple of million in the foreseeable future, no matter how good the reason may be.
That was all outlined in the construction costs they budgeted for the loss. There's no point scaremongering before you know it that will be in the papers as Rothfeild is already coming here for stories.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Just who are we to believe? Weedler, Dib or anyone else that wants to run a story on the troubles at the club?

Heard on the Big Sports Breakfast this morning from TK and Jimmy that that there was actually a blow up between Dib and Hasler in the dressing sheds after the game with some rather harsh words exchanged and that was why Des did not attend the meet and greet with the fans. Apparently players were involved also and that was the catalyst for their meeting at lunch on Monday.Another take on the current messy situation the Dogs find themselves in.

There is a massive cancer in our club that needs to be removed immediately if we are any chance of going forward in the next few years. So sick and tired of the bull that comes out of the mouth of one of the board members in particular and the way in which Des has just sat back ,said nothing and let this mess fester. The only one so far who has paid the price for all of this is Raelene ( and I guess the fans too I suppose) and according to Dib she was the one who made the decision to leave, she was not asked to leave. The ink on her current contract extension had hardly had time to dry and she decided to go?

Dib made the comment yesterday that Raelene had said she believed her life as a CEO at the club would last 4-5 years and that time is around about now but she had extended for a further two years just recently and apparently much to the joy of the board; although there have been mutterings that it was not unanimous although Dib proclaimed he had the "unanimous support" of the board. Why the change of heart in signing beyond that time frame and then changing her mind so quickly. Rumours abound about a tension between Dib and her after he effectively went behind her back in dealings with the RPA and within two weeks of that she says goodbye.

As Marcellus in the Shakespeare play Hamlet said " Something is rotten in the state of Denmark"

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
There's people on this that have known this for a year or so.
Dead pan faces of Captain warrior Graham with his stalwart "I don't know" have said it all.
Its been a long time since the players have wanted to play for Des.
Seems like Dib has to go.
Those pressers yeah, with a very unconvincing James Graham and his " What the gaffer says" comments. Lol. The drumming and the finger tapping, the vacant stares and the obvious want to be anywhere but where he is.

They can deny all they like, they can say des is a great coach to play under etc. etc. but body language and effort on the park say something different, there is no respect, nil. Any other coach in the NRL with the record of 5 from the last 18 and a couple of those big duck egg scores not in our favour would be looking for a new job. Don't care about the perceived success before, it is the here and now and at the moment unless something really special happens our win lose ratio will get no better and fans will become more alienated than they are now. What words do I hear more than anything in relation to our performances; not very complimentary ones and some downright unpublishable.

Dib is wholly concerned with Dib and his standing in the club. What the fans and those detached from the club are saying is not hitting home. Like the proverbial Ostrich with its head in the ground ( or jammed elsewhere) or that kid that sticks his/ her fingers in their ears and loudly babbles to shut out the noise, those that need to listen are not.If thousands can see a negative and comments coming forth are pretty unanimous in their damning why can't he?? Because he can't or he won't?

Graeme Hughes, love him or hate him, tried his best yesterday to get Dib to come clean but like any good con artist?? ( and I can't really think of another way to say it) Dib was able to dodge and weave around the questions and avoid a clear answer to just about everything. Heaps would have known his name was Graeme by the end of the interview such was the frequency with which Dib used it.No straight answers to yes/ no questions, just vague comments not one way or the other.

Total time of the interview was what, around 15 minutes and all we got was a rehash of previous comments made by Dib in the papers earlier that day. Still no clearer as to the problem solution and all that has happened now is that the current board will have around twelve months to get all their little ducks in a row and shore up their positions to go around again.Like any good politicians must have that ticket backed and support base reinforced to ensure they will not be ousted. Three years for members to serve before being able to vote so a lot that have done so in the last year or so will not get a say.

i just want things fixed. It will not be pretty, it will not be quick and there will be pain but something has to give.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
My mate msgd me this morning saying that Jimmy Smith on Big Sports Breakfast this morning said after sundays game hasler and dib had a argument in front of the players and that's why des didnt show for the forum. Anyone else heard this?
Heard it too and I have commented in a later post.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I agree with everything you said but I will.not ever give shitty players a pass. Of course it starts at the top, but that doesn'tEan some.of the rot hasn't leaked down to the players, because it has.

And if true that they aren't playing for the coach, to get him sacked well they can fuck off too. Because not playing for the coach always works anyway, worked for the tigers lol.
Fair enough.....but if, if, if.....I'm really not convinced they are tanking deliberately anyway. As I said, I think it's more of the case of an idiot no account coach using them as scapegoats and shattering their confidence. He has been doing this for a number of years and now things are reaching breaking point. When a team loses this much confidence there's not really any coming back and many sporting teams have proved that throughout history.

I would hope players aren't consciously tanking too. Don't get me wrong. It's just far from my number one concern and I'm not convinced it's true.

In any case, Dib is a moron. I don't see how he felt an unliked administrator waving his arrogance and denial-ism in player's faces was going to help.

What an incompetent, ineffectual dick. Our slackest, laziest players look like genuine pros next to Dib. I still think whingeing about players right now is wasted energy. It wouldn't matter who was on our roster with this pathetic, insipid game plan.

I just think it all comes back to Dib and Des. 100 percent of it. I really do.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I love it how this slimeball goes on the radio saying he basically has nothing to do with major decisions of any kind, and is merely a consultant if the coach, CEO, or other staff need him. Then we find out he has the gall to ask to speak to the team without Hasler being in the room.

This is absolutely unacceptable, and it is clear that Dib is a megalomaniac who only cares about himself and the self worth he gets out of having an important position in our club.

The guy is an absolute cancer.

NickT

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
When interviewed, Dib dodges straight questions with generic answers. Yet when he addresses the playing group he implies the board know the group is acting with ulterior motives.
The board with their fabricated propaganda statements via Facebook, website or media releases. Changing the interpretation of previously published "targets". Yet the group have to endure the scrutiny of Mr Dib?
It seems the self preservation and hypocrisy displayed by the boys upstairs knows no bounds. It doesn't matter who the sailors are, if the Captain and First Mate are inept, the vessel will be lost.
Dib can stamp his feet all he likes; 2017 Dogs are doomed and it's his fault.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The way I see it is Mbye is one of the better players in the club and so he should be in FG. The problem is that we have been running on empty with halves for the past couple of years and so Des is trying to make him into a half while still playing a power forward game. It would work if our forwards still had power but they don't and so it is falling back to Mbye to be a controlling half, which is not his game. Frawley may be a controlling half but he isn't good enough to do it consistently, so Des keeps Mbye in the 7, not because he is going to be a great half but because our options are limited and Mbye should be in the team. Can't have Reynolds as the controlling half its not his go either and of the two of them Mbye is more controlling than Reynolds. You could argue for Mbye to go to 9 but i don't think he has 50 tackles in him plus an attacking run at least not until he gets some training into him. So we are stuck with 2 running halves and an inconsistent controlling 7 on the bench. In another team Mbye would be outside a controlling half and be bobbing up everywhere much the same as Reynolds does and with the straight lines he tends to run would fly.
What you say makes complete sense and probably would be what many others think too, me included.

Mbye showed heaps of promise in the lower grades and he has been with us since 2011. Surprisingly even though he has been roundly criticised for his lack of ability as a controlling half he has a win /loss ratio of 50% in first grade in that exact position. Still does not mean that he is suited to it.His position of half is a manufactured one. Players around him have changed also.

Too much manufacturing in the halves and we have seen that with Mbye. Experiment failed but still we persist.Coach does not want to be proved wrong but I agree with you that if Mbye was used in the correct way and not have to worry about steering the team around the park he would be good value but we will probably only see that at another club.

http://www.rugbyleagueproject.org/players/moses-mbye/positions.html

Agree with the massive lack of halves within the club and a lot of media guys have said the same thing. Our juniors are not being correctly fostered, the way in which we have channeled them through has left a lot to be desired over the past few years. Okay coach has been here 6 years now and where have our junior systems gone ??way backwards thats where. Like at Manly he is concerned with the first grade squad and that only, best twenty or so and that is what we get; no one of any real ability in the foreseeable future coming through. Nepotism too is alive and well at Belmore with some kids being selected for who they are and not so much for what they can do. To an extent the club has tried to address this by refreshing their recruitment staff and appointing new blood there but years of bad management can't be cured overnight.

I remember when we had so many good players coming through our system ( not all local ones but juniors who we had fostered since about the age of 14-15) now we buy buy buy. The step up from our Matts and Ball sides is not as clear cut as in the past. The turnover in our U20 roster has been horrendous over the past few years and it is treated as a joke. We buy one player from another junior system, persist to an extent but then just discard and go on to the next. No proper development from a fan's perspective. My head spins keeping track of the young blokes coming and going.We buy ' experienced' old hard heads to help instil some sort of culture into the younger ones through Intrust but even that is failing. The younger ones are not being properly blooded and although we are mathematically still a chance this year we all know that these younger fellows who have come to us with a bit of a reputation will not get a look in. They sit and wait and when the contract is up they move on. No real pressure on the incumbents to do better.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
What you say makes complete sense and probably would be what many others think too, me included.

Mbye showed heaps of promise in the lower grades and he has been with us since 2011. Surprisingly even though he has been roundly criticised for his lack of ability as a controlling half he has a win /loss ratio of 50% in first grade in that exact position. Still does not mean that he is suited to it.His position of half is a manufactured one. Players around him have changed also.

Too much manufacturing in the halves and we have seen that with Mbye. Experiment failed but still we persist.Coach does not want to be proved wrong but I agree with you that if Mbye was used in the correct way and not have to worry about steering the team around the park he would be good value but we will probably only see that at another club.

http://www.rugbyleagueproject.org/players/moses-mbye/positions.html

Agree with the massive lack of halves within the club and a lot of media guys have said the same thing. Our juniors are not being correctly fostered, the way in which we have channeled them through has left a lot to be desired over the past few years. Okay coach has been here 6 years now and where have our junior systems gone ??way backwards thats where. Like at Manly he is concerned with the first grade squad and that only, best twenty or so and that is what we get; no one of any real ability in the foreseeable future coming through. Nepotism too is alive and well at Belmore with some kids being selected for who they are and not so much for what they can do. To an extent the club has tried to address this by refreshing their recruitment staff and appointing new blood there but years of bad management can't be cured overnight.

I remember when we had so many good players coming through our system ( not all local ones but juniors who we had fostered since about the age of 14-15) now we buy buy buy. The step up from our Matts and Ball sides is not as clear cut as in the past. The turnover in our U20 roster has been horrendous over the past few years and it is treated as a joke. We buy one player from another junior system, persist to an extent but then just discard and go on to the next. No proper development from a fan's perspective. My head spins keeping track of the young blokes coming and going.We buy ' experienced' old hard heads to help instil some sort of culture into the younger ones through Intrust but even that is failing. The younger ones are not being properly blooded and although we are mathematically still a chance this year we all know that these younger fellows who have come to us with a bit of a reputation will not get a look in. They sit and wait and when the contract is up they move on. No real pressure on the incumbents to do better.
Agree with all that. I can remember going to one of the GFs about 5 years ago or so and we had both the 20s and NSW cup team playing. In fact I seem to think it happened a couple of years in a row. Now they get flogged most seasons by everyone. We haven't had the right recruitment in place for too long and that combined with god knows what sort of coaching and development in the lower grades has left us with pretty much no options. I mean, we have to buy a 30 year old in Rod Griffin to shore up the reggies? How the hell could we have dropped so far? I know the 20's go at the end of this season but they will be replaced by an u/23s I think so the same kids will run around in that just a year older. I know we have a new recruitment manager this year and his focus is on junior talent identification and development so hopefully he will find a few good'uns for us but it will still take a bit of time to get them anywhere near FG standard.

sleepy dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
According to a couple journos they said that a senior player who is leaving at the end of the years gave it to ray dib infront of the whole team but journo said he couldn't confirm it but has heard that as well

froggy

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Besides Politis and Dib does anyone even know another chairman in the NRL? What business does a chairman have in getting involved with the team? Dib hired Castle because he knew she would be a patsy. He could basically run the club and she would stay out of his way.
I'm certain that Dib has a relationship with Rothfield and Kent and that is how "exclusive" information has got to News Ltd. He has positioned himself so that he considers himself an NRL powerbroker.

After listening to him answer questions on 2SM the other day I am convinced he is not fit to be the most powerful person in the club. He reminded me of Benny Elias in that interview. He would say "i'm not making excuses" and then trot out 3 excuses.

We need a ticket at the next elections that will replace this current lot. I can only assume the current lot is pro Dib. Otherwise we will be led by incompetent fools and that will be the beginning of the end.

It's an extreme view but I can see us being pushed out the Sydney basin and moved to whatever the NRL sees as the best new location. The brand "Bulldogs" would be worth a fortune to a new franchise. If we are not careful we will be the next Fitzroy or South Melbourne in no time.

ouwet

Bulldogs 4 Life
Reaction score
Besides Politis and Dib does anyone even know another chairman in the NRL? What business does a chairman have in getting involved with the team? Dib hired Castle because he knew she would be a patsy. He could basically run the club and she would stay out of his way.
I'm certain that Dib has a relationship with Rothfield and Kent and that is how "exclusive" information has got to News Ltd. He has positioned himself so that he considers himself an NRL powerbroker.

After listening to him answer questions on 2SM the other day I am convinced he is not fit to be the most powerful person in the club. He reminded me of Benny Elias in that interview. He would say "i'm not making excuses" and then trot out 3 excuses.

We need a ticket at the next elections that will replace this current lot. I can only assume the current lot is pro Dib. Otherwise we will be led by incompetent fools and that will be the beginning of the end.

It's an extreme view but I can see us being pushed out the Sydney basin and moved to whatever the NRL sees as the best new location. The brand "Bulldogs" would be worth a fortune to a new franchise. If we are not careful we will be the next Fitzroy or South Melbourne in no time.
FMD people need to relax!
The amount of $hit that gets posted on this forum is unbelievable... How about you enjoy your life and worry less about the Bulldogs? More to life then football.

Most teams have years when they struggle, most teams and clubs have years with infighting... What's happening isn't necessarily a bad thing, it's highlighted the time for change within the club whether that's Dib and the board/Hasler/ the playing group or just the way Hasler coaches them, something will give!

Facts are the Dogs have made the semi finals every year under Des Hasler... They have made 2 GF's (Whether 2014 was luck or not), Roosters last year had a shocking year (Maybe even worse then ours so far) did you hear this kind of blowing up?

Most NRL clubs would kill to of had the 5 years we had from 2012-16...

Minion

Kennel Established
Reaction score
But Mbye is the "next JT" didn't you know??

Or at least that was the sales pitch we bought.
Some people may have bought the sales pitch but sadly the proof so far is that he is not worth the money he's on, nor does he deserve his so-called reputation. He is a dead-set myth.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who'se running the fucking club ? Dib had to ask Hasler for permission to address the players ?. What a fucking amateur. Would Politis ask Robinson permission to talk to the Rooster players - definitely NOT !

And Dib told the players they need to support Des and get behind Des ! How about asking them to get behind the fucking Canterbury jersey (and big bucks we're paying them) for fucks sake Dib you ****.

I've also read the players are apparently upset at Josh Reynolds moving on. Well maybe if they had pulled their fingers out of their arses last year in the semi finals we wouldn't be needing to recruit new players would we ?. What a bunch of bitches.

froggy

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The amount of $hit that gets posted on this forum is unbelievable... How about you enjoy your life and worry less about the Bulldogs? More to life then football.

Most teams have years when they struggle, most teams and clubs have years with infighting... What's happening isn't necessarily a bad thing, it's highlighted the time for change within the club whether that's Dib and the board/Hasler/ the playing group or just the way Hasler coaches them, something will give!

Facts are the Dogs have made the semi finals every year under Des Hasler... They have made 2 GF's (Whether 2014 was luck or not), Roosters last year had a shocking year (Maybe even worse then ours so far) did you hear this kind of blowing up?

Are u fricken serious?

The reason the Roosters fans don't blow up is they won a comp within the last four years! The reason Souths fans are not as upset, they won a comp within the last 3 years. We have not won a comp in 13 years! To add to that we now have to put up with this shit from Dib and Hasler. As long as they are here we will not be winning jack shit in the near future.
You might be happy to coast along with that but I wont accept that for our club. We are not Parra.

Trendsetter

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score

Didn't Parra fans turn on their own club at one point which caused them to go into damage control?
Didn't the fans at St George cause their board members to panic?
Pretty sure Tigers haven't had any luck within the club when it comes to harmony within the playing group/coach/club and the players have made it known very clearly. (Disregarding Farrah, he's just a knob who wanted things his own way).

We're not the only ones to be displeased mate, it's been many years of built up frustration and having the club throw a blanket over all the problems and make false promises in hopes to shut the fans up for another season.
It's starting to feel like we're supporting a government party with all the BS, backtracking, hollow promises and sitting idly by whilst the club does the exact opposite of what the club needs to improve.

Btw, using The Chooks as an example is terrible. When they don't do well, their fans just don't bother showing up. That's become a tradition for them.

Dingobat

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Why is Dib on such a power trip? He's not an owner, he's not the CEO he's not even the fucking coach. Stick to your position Ray.

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If he did give them a spray. Good on him. If i could have gone into the change room, i would have expressed my rage as well

Status
Not open for further replies.