Ray Dib addresses Bulldogs team after loss to Penrith

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
He is the boss of the Football Club (President). He and the board are responsible for all appointments and contracts so it is ridiculous to suggest he doesn't have either the responsibility for how we have ended up nor the right to give the players a serve. The damn cleaner should've got up them after last weekend and they should be hanging their heads in shame and copping the lot. If they are still carrying on about Reynolds etc then we should flick the lot of them. They are grown men and they have a duty to go out there and aim up. Sure blame Des for whatever strategies and structures we (try to) use, but once they cross the stripe its on them to have a dig. If they have issues with Dib and/or Des fine why not push back and give a return of serve - that's just being honest, but to suggest Dib (or whoever the president is) doesn't have the right to do is rubbish.
You're not wrong....it's just that from my POV (and I think the POV of lots of others) the absolute last person who should have been giving them a serve was the idiot administrator that just re-signed the coach that is ruining our club and their careers in the first place....whether he had the authority or not.

Dib is not the club's boss any more than a Prime Minister is the boss of a nation's citizens. Sure, they are expected to lead and make decisions, but they are also servants of the people who elected them too. Dib has completely forgotten that...as do most politicians. That's probably a clue as to where the wanker's future lies.

That's why he is pissing people off. You're not really wrong. He probably did have the authority to do it....well, obviously he did.....but just because he had that power doesn't mean he didn't do another stupid, arrogant thing in the eyes of many.

As far as most of us are concerned he is responsible for most of our problems.....so yes, for him to lay into our players whilst he is doing so much damage to our team really does piss some of us off.

What Dib did did NOT help team morale and I don't think for a second it will motivate the team to play better. So what was the point? Just a spoiled brat throwing his toys around the damn cot as far as I can see.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
You're not wrong....it's just that from my POV (and I think the POV of lots of others) the absolute last person who should have been giving them a serve was the idiot administrator that just re-signed the coach that is ruining our club and their careers in the first place....whether he had the authority or not.

Dib is not the club's boss any more than a Prime Minister is the boss of a nation's citizens. Sure, they are expected to lead and make decisions, but they are also servants of the people who elected them too. Dib has completely forgotten that...as do most politicians. That's probably a clue as to where the wanker's future lies.

That's why he is pissing people off. You're not really wrong. He probably did have the authority to do it....well, obviously he did.....but just because he had that power doesn't mean he didn't do another stupid, arrogant thing in the eyes of many.

As far as most of us are concerned he is responsible for most of our problems.....so yes, for him to lay into our players whilst he is doing so much damage to our team really does piss some of us off.

What Dib did did NOT help team morale and I don't think for a second it will motivate the team to play better. So what was the point? Just a spoiled brat throwing his toys around the damn cot as far as I can see.
Yep, get all that and can see you collective points. Let's look at it from the opposite direction and use say the Tigers as the example. Marina Go is the Chairperson (Dibs equivalent) and hasn't gone near the players in years. They have let issues fester to the point where they have either had to move or lose almost all of their key players. The one thing that everyone in footy agrees with is that there is a complete lack of leadership in the club, culminating in scapegoating coach after coach. That can in no small way be attributed to the lack of leadership by the chairwoman and directors. Here we have our chairman stepping up (in) and letting the players know first that he supports them, second that the coach isn't going anywhere and third to get their fingers out and have a dig. Forget about what you think of Dib personally, but isn't that exactly what you would expect from the chairman under the circumstances? Had he just gone off for dinner somewhere we would have had hundreds of posts about how he fills his guts while our team gets hammered. I would prefer to have a united leadership group than a fractured one and in this case Dib is demonstrating that the board is behind the coach - now it is up to them.

froggy

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Yep, get all that and can see you collective points. Let's look at it from the opposite direction and use say the Tigers as the example. Marina Go is the Chairperson (Dibs equivalent) and hasn't gone near the players in years. They have let issues fester to the point where they have either had to move or lose almost all of their key players. The one thing that everyone in footy agrees with is that there is a complete lack of leadership in the club, culminating in scapegoating coach after coach. That can in no small way be attributed to the lack of leadership by the chairwoman and directors. Here we have our chairman stepping up (in) and letting the players know first that he supports them, second that the coach isn't going anywhere and third to get their fingers out and have a dig. Forget about what you think of Dib personally, but isn't that exactly what you would expect from the chairman under the circumstances? Had he just gone off for dinner somewhere we would have had hundreds of posts about how he fills his guts while our team gets hammered. I would prefer to have a united leadership group than a fractured one and in this case Dib is demonstrating that the board is behind the coach - now it is up to them.
I think that is the elephant in the room, "the board is behind the coach".

That is the problem and our management don't see that as the problem.

We are stuck between a rock and a hard place. The management are backing Hasler and the fans generally have had enough of him and the way we play. Who wins this argument will define how we go in the next few years.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
We have a difference in perception mate.....I don't see any evidence Dib has shown faith in his players by apparently laying into them and accusing them of not wanting to play for the coach he inappropriately re-signed.

You know, there are leaders and administrators who don't get involved enough in things....but that doesn't mean someone like Dib who walks around like the Godfather of belmore has the approach right either. A particular approach isn't necessarily good just because it's the opposite to a bad one. Personally I don't think Dib is getting the balance of his role right. I think he is acting like a little dictator and doing an absolute terrible job tbh. I can't say much good about ray Dib.

And my dislike of the guy is completely based on my view of the job he is doing .....I don't know him personally....but I think he is doing a very bad job and I think he is extremely out of touch and arrogant.

Honestly I think the club will be on struggle street as long as he has so much power within the club's structure.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I think that is the elephant in the room, "the board is behind the coach".

That is the problem and our management don't see that as the problem.

We are stuck between a rock and a hard place. The management are backing Hasler and the fans generally have had enough of him and the way we play. Who wins this argument will define how we go in the next few years.
I get your point about Des, although it is more about the structures and recruitment decisions than Des personally. truth is if any club lost their current coach and des was on the market they would make a play for him. We just want to see changes in what we are doing on the field because what we are doing isn't working and won't work consistently. Sadly, I think it all comes back to recruitment and contract extensions. We have kept the wrong players and brought in others who just aren't good enough. We need a major forwards shakeup. We have too many similar players and they aren't similar in a good way. Let's face it we could use a Saunders/To'maga type as a bench prop, flick Graham/Tolman and have prob $1m available to go after a good spine player and give us the zip we need to score points. Our backs are generally fast enough but they don't get the ball in good positions.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
We have a difference in perception mate.....I don't see any evidence Dib has shown faith in his players by apparently laying into them and accusing them of not wanting to play for the coach he inappropriately re-signed.

You know, there are leaders and administrators who don't get involved enough in things....but that doesn't mean someone like Dib who walks around like the Godfather of belmore has the approach right either. A particular approach isn't necessarily good just because it's the opposite to a bad one. Personally I don't think Dib is getting the balance of his role right. I think he is acting like a little dictator and doing an absolute terrible job tbh. I can't say much good about ray Dib.

And my dislike of the guy is completely based on my view of the job he is doing .....I don't know him personally....but I think he is doing a very bad job and I think he is extremely out of touch and arrogant.

Honestly I think the club will be on struggle street as long as he has so much power within the club's structure.
Agree. I'm not defending Dib in the context of what sort of bloke he is, only reflecting that the role of the chairman entitles that person to give the players a workout when they continually fail to perform. I would be really disappointed if the chairman (whoever he/she was) didn't step up when things were going bad. I'd give up if we behaved like the Tigers and a few others.

froggy

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I get your point about Des, although it is more about the structures and recruitment decisions than Des personally. truth is if any club lost their current coach and des was on the market they would make a play for him. We just want to see changes in what we are doing on the field because what we are doing isn't working and won't work consistently. Sadly, I think it all comes back to recruitment and contract extensions. We have kept the wrong players and brought in others who just aren't good enough. We need a major forwards shakeup. We have too many similar players and they aren't similar in a good way. Let's face it we could use a Saunders/To'maga type as a bench prop, flick Graham/Tolman and have prob $1m available to go after a good spine player and give us the zip we need to score points. Our backs are generally fast enough but they don't get the ball in good positions.
Correct.

I think Hasler and the recruitment team have been too loyal to some players that have gone past their use by dates.

Tolman/Graham needs to be one player. Kasiano too expensive per minute. Eastwood has got old quickly. Morris/Morris just not value for money anymore. Mbye is being paid double what he is worth. Lichaa's experiment has failed.

We could have saved so much money on the above savings that a new spine could have been brought in by now.

Problem is now, is it too late to fix?

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Agree. I'm not defending Dib in the context of what sort of bloke he is, only reflecting that the role of the chairman entitles that person to give the players a workout when they continually fail to perform. I would be really disappointed if the chairman (whoever he/she was) didn't step up when things were going bad. I'd give up if we behaved like the Tigers and a few others.
Yeah I don't disagree with you about that at all. I just think he should be pointing the finger at himself before he points it at our players. He may have had the right, I just don't think he has the right ideas.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He is the boss of the Football Club (President). He and the board are responsible for all appointments and contracts so it is ridiculous to suggest he doesn't have either the responsibility for how we have ended up nor the right to give the players a serve. The damn cleaner should've got up them after last weekend and they should be hanging their heads in shame and copping the lot. If they are still carrying on about Reynolds etc then we should flick the lot of them. They are grown men and they have a duty to go out there and aim up. Sure blame Des for whatever strategies and structures we (try to) use, but once they cross the stripe its on them to have a dig. If they have issues with Dib and/or Des fine why not push back and give a return of serve - that's just being honest, but to suggest Dib (or whoever the president is) doesn't have the right to do is rubbish.
Dib's responsible for off field football matters (recruitment, retention, sponsors etc).
Hasler is responsible for on field performance.
Both are fuckt, but you'd think dib would have enough on his plate, what with signing plodders to long contracts, overpaying underperforming players, upgrading the shitcunt coaches deal, finding a new CEO and the like.
Maybe he should concentrate on his job ? Or should we let him go out on the training paddock and run the team through drills ?

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Isn't Mr Dib a financial provider for the club from I heard? If he is and he is pouring his own money into this club, he has more right than any of us to talk to the underperforming players/staff in any manner he needs too...

He knows he is losing money on his return if we play this bad and probably wanted to let the lazy players know it is a serious deal for him

What do you reckon happened then?
Dibb a financial provider? I dont know about that. I DO know he stands to make pretty handsome profits from the brown paper bags attached to the upcoming $100m Canterbury redevelopment.
In any event, be someone a direct sponsor or 3rd party sponsor or member on any level, just because someone through their business tips in more money doesnt give them the right to address the players in the manner Dibb has.
Dibb ambushed the players. He resigned Hasler to a higher salary without proper consultation with the players and other board members or speaking with any other prospective coaches, and then when his star signing looks like the worst coach with the worse gameplan in the NRL he ambushes the players, tells them Hasler is here to stay (because I resigned him) on a 10% wages rise.
The players have had a gutfull of Hasler.
Fuck off Des and Dib

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Does anyone know for a fact what Hasler' new contract is worth? I certainly don't know the ins and outs of the deal so im not in any position to judge anyone on doing the deal.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Dibb a financial provider? I dont know about that. I DO know he stands to make pretty handsome profits from the brown paper bags attached to the upcoming $100m Canterbury redevelopment.
In any event, be someone a direct sponsor or 3rd party sponsor or member on any level, just because someone through their business tips in more money doesnt give them the right to address the players in the manner Dibb has.
Dibb ambushed the players. He resigned Hasler to a higher salary without proper consultation with the players and other board members or speaking with any other prospective coaches, and then when his star signing looks like the worst coach with the worse gameplan in the NRL he ambushes the players, tells them Hasler is here to stay (because I resigned him) on a 10% wages rise.
The players have had a gutfull of Hasler.
Fuck off Des and Dib
I'm pretty sure he is an investor and has invested in the club, I understand what you are saying but the man is putting his own resources into the club and isn't doing it for fun.

I can only assume he had a go at the players for the rubbish, lack of effort they put in, being dominated every tackle and not looking like professional athletes...

I can't stand Hasler and his stupid game plan either but seeing our players perform like that is also rubbish that needs to be addressed and Dib thought he'd do so since Hasler doesn't seem too... I hope he had a go at Des aswell with his large wasteful income

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
As long as Dib is top dog (pun intended) then he basically does whatever the fk he wants including ripping shreds off the players following a shithouse performance

The gen y approach of putting the arm around players saying it's ok is fkn overrated

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
According to a couple journos they said that a senior player who is leaving at the end of the years gave it to ray dib infront of the whole team but journo said he couldn't confirm it but has heard that as well
Have heard perhaps Josh Reynolds may have said something but don't hold me to that.

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well if Dib did do that then no matter what else you may think of him - good on him. It's about time someone tore the players a new one and told them effectively start having a dig or be prepared to go. We can argue all day that our structures are right but it doesn't matter if the players aren't putting in mentally and physically. I have no doubt Des will see out his contract, given the financial problems the leagues club is experiencing, so they need to aim up and get on with it.
Firstly I don't know where u get your info,but the leagues club is not in financial trouble, the football club is big difference,and guess who has been presiding over most of this for the last 4 years,your mate dib,and the reason he did what he did is because elections are coming up in February,

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Firstly I don't know where u get your info,but the leagues club is not in financial trouble, the football club is big difference,and guess who has been presiding over most of this for the last 4 years,your mate dib,and the reason he did what he did is because elections are coming up in February,
I wouldn't divulge my sources to you and you are free to accept it or not. Even better go to the club and have a walk around. Plenty of free space.....

Status
Not open for further replies.