Rank the Lebanese players in our game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Funny how bankstown junior comp has a lot of Lebanese players but none make it to nrl level .youd think there'd be at least one

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Funny how bankstown junior comp has a lot of Lebanese players but none make it to nrl level .youd think there'd be at least one
Not to sound like a dick but in the 90's there was so much racism by the junior recruiters and it was who you knew. So many Lebs were better than Corey Hughes and his bros but none were given a chance. Hazem was nowhere near the best Lebo at club level.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Ahhh right. He doesn't look like a lebbo though.
He comes from a village in Lebanon known as Kfarsghab. There are about 1000 people who live in Kfarsghab (if that). However, there are about 15,000-20,000 who live outside of that village, and guess where they all live? HERE! That's right, in Sydney. The majority of them live in the Parramatta area, and they've been here for over 100 years. They are perhaps the earliest Lebanese migrants to move to Australia.

Now when you speak to someone from Kfarsghab, they sound like the biggest Aussie bogans you'll ever meet. You wouldn't think they're Lebanese at all as they are mainly 4th generation Australians. As a result, they have earned a nickname here - Kfarsghabi Aussies - or... frozzy Aussies.

Back to the village. Given how many Kfarsghabi people have called Australia home, the village in Lebanon paid a little homage to Australia, in particular, Parramatta, for their hospitality to these people for the last 100+ years. They renamed the main street in the centre of the village to... Parramatta road.

So touched by this gesture, the Parramatta local council donated their own Parramatta road sign to the village which hangs above the original one.

So there you go - a little bit of Lebanese history for you right there.

Last edited:

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Ha wow I have never heard of any of that before, thanks for the education!

edit: So that Parramatta Council branded sign is over there?

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Possible Lebanese team for the World Cup:

01. Josh Mansour
02. Daniel Abou Sleiman
03. Tarek El Masri
04. Chris Saab
05. Travis Robinson
06. Mitchell Moses (k)
07. Robbie Farah (c)
08. Tim Mannah
09. Michael Lichaa
10. Ray Moujalli
11. Elias Sukkar
12. Nick Kassis
13. Ahmad Ellaz

14. Mitchell Mamary
15. Robin Hachache
16. Wael Harb
17. Ali Allouche

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Ha wow I have never heard of any of that before, thanks for the education!

edit: So that Parramatta Council branded sign is over there?
That's correct. Both photos are from the village in Lebanon. The first photo is the original sign that was mounted by the local village, and the newer one in the second photo is how it looks after Parramatta city council donated it to them.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Ahhh right. He doesn't look like a lebbo though.
Moses- Leb Kfasghabi name.

Moses, Abraham,Elias,Maroon, Rizk, karam etc are all surnames from Kfarsghab and pretty much all live in the area between Merrylands and Gladesville.

By default they will be christian.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Kfarsghabi's tend to be heavily involved in local politics and real estate.

That liberal blow up at the dundas sports club I bet were Kfarsghabi's without knowing for sure.

They a bit racist to other lebs, mainly in an elitist sorta way, generally well educated and do well.

They took over the parra two Blues clubhouse, have a lot of villagecentric social nights etc.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Not to sound like a dick but in the 90's there was so much racism by the junior recruiters and it was who you knew. So many Lebs were better than Corey Hughes and his bros but none were given a chance. Hazem was nowhere near the best Lebo at club level.
I dont believe this at all. Sour grapes.

Also kind of contradicted by the end of your statement.

The area was begging fir some leb role models and stars at the time.
El Masri brought in a tonne of support to the game/club just for being lebanese muslim.

He was a marketing cash cow, if there were more, they'd be on it like a rash.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Hi nasheed here
Aiden tolmans
Best lebanese player to lace up a boot
Brett Sherwins was a good lebanese
huh?
i didnt say that.
Tolman isnt leb I dont think.

Looks more italian, Hungarian etc

Either way I never said that.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I dont believe this at all. Sour grapes.

Also kind of contradicted by the end of your statement.

The area was begging fir some leb role models and stars at the time.
El Masri brought in a tonne of support to the game/club just for being lebanese muslim.

He was a marketing cash cow, if there were more, they'd be on it like a rash.
Were you around in that era? Did you see the guys playing? I knew at least 5 guys who were better than Hazem. Corey Hughes was average as a teen at club level.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
That's what's wrong with league , they do tend to recruit players based on their famous siblings over an unknown.

Status
Not open for further replies.