Rank the Lebanese players in our game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Lets be honest, it will always be one of their relatives that are better.
Oi... answer the question I asked you about your Mrs. Why was it so wrong for your Mrs to cheat on your when you were doing the same thing?

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Oi... answer the question I asked you about your Mrs. Why was it so wrong for your Mrs to cheat on your when you were doing the same thing?
This is a thread about the Lebanese, that was a question elsewhere and wouldnt make sense to the topic.

Wahesh

Reaction score
This is a thread about the Lebanese, that was a question elsewhere and wouldnt make sense to the topic.
You didn't answer it elsewhere so answer it here.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Lets be honest, it will always be one of their relatives that are better.
So you didn't and you're just talking out of your ass

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Not to sound like a dick but in the 90's there was so much racism by the junior recruiters and it was who you knew. So many Lebs were better than Corey Hughes and his bros but none were given a chance. Hazem was nowhere near the best Lebo at club level.
You know what..I agree..I was playing in an open trial once to try and make the Balmain 21s side.. The other side had two front rowers who were Lebanese..man all I remember was them smashing and running through everyone..the following training session they weren't there..I assumed they got cut..

Ps..it has always been who you know..how many players are related to past players..I'm not saying they're all shit..but some like Scott Fulton..sheesh..apparently the Brookvale fans used to cheer when he was ruled out to play!

MitchNewton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did you watch them with your own eyes or just read reports? Ask any Leb and they will tell you of players better than Hazem.
I played in the Canterbury junior league from 1987 to 2003 including years at belmore high and Enfield Feds with hazem. So yeah I think I'm qualified to comment.

MitchNewton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did you watch them with your own eyes or just read reports? Ask any Leb and they will tell you of players better than Hazem.
Also I coach junior league in the area and see how talented lebs lose their way in their late teens and rather chase girls and drive fast cars instead of cracking it in the NRL.

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
You know what..I agree..I was playing in an open trial once to try and make the Balmain 21s side.. The other side had two front rowers who were Lebanese..man all I remember was them smashing and running through everyone..the following training session they weren't there..I assumed they got cut..

Ps..it has always been who you know..how many players are related to past players..I'm not saying they're all shit..but some like Scott Fulton..sheesh..apparently the Brookvale fans used to cheer when he was ruled out to play!
LOLOL Found this!

Scott Fulton - Manly
Scott Fulton is the son Rugby League Immortal Bob Fulton. Stepping out of his father’s great shadow was always going to be difficult. Well founded suspicions of favoritism were warranted, not only by the fact that he played his entire career at the same club where his father made his name, but Scott was also coached by his Dad for the duration of his professional career.
It’s more than just a co-incidence that when his Dad stepped down as Manly coach in 1999, Scott’s playing career abruptly ended as well. It is most probable that in order to appease Bob Fulton, the board at Brookvale had to ensure that a spot in the squad was made for the coach’s son.
In a 49 game first grade career spanning seven years, Scott Fulton averaged 7 appearances per season. Unfortunately for Scott, he never really nailed down a starting spot or made any position his own; therefore we will describe him as a fantastic utility player.
Scott was a very unselfish player, which explains why he only scored a solitary try in his career.
Representative honors eluded Scott, however one journalist threw his name into contention for a NSW jersey in 1997, the journalist retracted his statement within minutes saying it was a horrible mistake.
1997 was however Scott’s breakthrough year, where he almost played a full season by racking up a respectable 21 games in the ARL competition.
Ironically 1997 was the year ‘everyone got a run’ and the term meritocracy was born. This was due to the Super League war, which resulted in 22 professional teams, playing in two split competitions.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
LOLOL Found this!

Scott Fulton - Manly
Scott Fulton is the son Rugby League Immortal Bob Fulton. Stepping out of his father’s great shadow was always going to be difficult. Well founded suspicions of favoritism were warranted, not only by the fact that he played his entire career at the same club where his father made his name, but Scott was also coached by his Dad for the duration of his professional career.
It’s more than just a co-incidence that when his Dad stepped down as Manly coach in 1999, Scott’s playing career abruptly ended as well. It is most probable that in order to appease Bob Fulton, the board at Brookvale had to ensure that a spot in the squad was made for the coach’s son.
In a 49 game first grade career spanning seven years, Scott Fulton averaged 7 appearances per season. Unfortunately for Scott, he never really nailed down a starting spot or made any position his own; therefore we will describe him as a fantastic utility player.
Scott was a very unselfish player, which explains why he only scored a solitary try in his career.
Representative honors eluded Scott, however one journalist threw his name into contention for a NSW jersey in 1997, the journalist retracted his statement within minutes saying it was a horrible mistake.
1997 was however Scott’s breakthrough year, where he almost played a full season by racking up a respectable 21 games in the ARL competition.
Ironically 1997 was the year ‘everyone got a run’ and the term meritocracy was born. This was due to the Super League war, which resulted in 22 professional teams, playing in two split competitions.
Lol! Yeah he was pretty ordinary..but I didn't realise he was that bad!! :grinning:

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Also I coach junior league in the area and see how talented lebs lose their way in their late teens and rather chase girls and drive fast cars instead of cracking it in the NRL.
That's how we are but haha, don't forget we also start working and earning achievable money instead of chasing that NRL dream these days. Chasing girls is more fun than copping a cracked rib or torn acl if you ask me haha

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
The squad named for Saturday night is garbage lol

MitchNewton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's how we are but haha, don't forget we also start working and earning achievable money instead of chasing that NRL dream these days. Chasing girls is more fun than copping a cracked rib or torn acl if you ask me haha
I don't disagree. Just giving one reason why you don't see many in the NRL

Wahesh

Reaction score
A few of the boys from Parramatta are in Lebanon at the moment...

Mitchell Moses.jpg

Wahesh

Reaction score
Alex Twal from the Tigers is Lebanese too.
Yeah he is and Adam Doueihi from Souths.

I'm almost certain the Bulldogs signed a youngster from the Sharks who's Lebanese as well... his name escapes me though. This guy should be on the books in 2019 but most likely the lower grades. Ring any bells for anyone?

Wahesh

Reaction score
is that Tim Manah's home town?
No. This was taken from another person's instagram account who follows Tim - she is from Kfarsghab. I'm not sure where Tim is from as that village in the north is mainly Maronite Catholic whereas Tim is Hillsong.

Bulldog_NJ

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No. This was taken from another person's instagram account who follows Tim - she is from Kfarsghab. I'm not sure where Tim is from as that village in the north is mainly Maronite Catholic whereas Tim is Hillsong.
Tim is from a village in Akkar, in the north.

Status
Not open for further replies.