Raelene Castle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Our last gf team was full of c***. Didnt matter though because they did the job.

Its rugby league not union. People need to harden up.
League is made for the hardened losers in society with a good step or a strong shoulder.

Our own (toothless) Ewan Mcgrady for fuck s*ke didn't even have a suit when he went to Rothmans/Dally M award night and had to borrow it!

but it's ok because that's league !

Attachments

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thoughts on Hill??

I like the current set up. Hill doesn't want to be in front of a camera as much as Castle or Greenberg did. He just wants to get the job done. While a lot were pretty pissed with the sacking of CHN and Okunbor, it was the right decision our CEO needed to make.
He didn't have to sack them, the NRL deregistered them which meant they could not fulfil their contractual obligations as players.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Yeah I remember. But Dib also had News Limited favourable to us for a time. It was only when he was turfed out that the Terrorgraph turned on us again and went to town on Mad Monday - because we now have a no leak policy that they don't like.
This happened on Dib's watch...

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
This happened on Dib's watch...

That’s true. I remember when Castle meekly suggested the Terrorgraph should apologise to the club - did that ever happen? Unlikely.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
That’s true. I remember when Castle meekly suggested the Terrorgraph should apologise to the club - did that ever happen? Unlikely.
Doubt it.

I know this is going to sound unpopular, but the forgotten person who loved our club to no end apart from Bullfrog was Gary McIntyre. He actually saved our club from going under in the 80s (that's right, if it weren't for him, we wouldn't even be in the com today), and if something like that happened on his watch, he would've taken them to court hard and had them humiliated. In fact the papers would've shit themselves at McIntyre's power and influence that they wouldn't even try to throw cheap-shots at us to begin with.

And Raelene asks for is an apology. LOL.

A

Alexander the Great

Nope. Her and Dibshit were handing out free memberships to the youth of Sudan.

A

Alexander the Great

I like Gary. Any man who drives a Jaguar in my books is ok.
Doubt it.

I know this is going to sound unpopular, but the forgotten person who loved our club to no end apart from Bullfrog was Gary McIntyre. He actually saved our club from going under in the 80s (that's right, if it weren't for him, we wouldn't even be in the com today), and if something like that happened on his watch, he would've taken them to court hard and had them humiliated. In fact the papers would've shit themselves at McIntyre's power and influence that they wouldn't even try to throw cheap-shots at us to begin with.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Doubt it.

Yep. I like to remember the past but not dwell on it too much as we have to move forward but I agree with this. With Bullfrog, McIntyre and Punchy there’s no way the club would’ve tolerated such a slight on its reputation. But that was Rae - as useful as air conditioning on a motor bike. I hope it doesn’t happen again but I’d hope the current leadership would respond far more strongly to crap like this and ensure the Terrorgraph back off. Of course the best way is for people to stop giving their money to this mob, but to each their own - my small protest is ensuring they don’t get a buck out of me except Kayo and hopefully there will be a challenger for footy rights soon enough anyway.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
So Rae now has a couple of extra people in her corner and is allegedly not far off a broadcast deal for 2021 onwards.

I don’t follow/watch EPL so maybe someone can comment what it’s like on Optus? Just hope they’ve fixed their streaming issues since the 2018 World Cup that my Italian neighbour was absolutely ropable about!

https://wwos.nine.com.au/rugby/drew...a-crisis/d6d6b30c-0675-413c-9376-dcfe987a6b73

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
So Rae now has a couple of extra people in her corner and is allegedly not far off a broadcast deal for 2021 onwards.

I don’t follow/watch EPL so maybe someone can comment what it’s like on Optus? Just hope they’ve fixed their streaming issues since the 2018 World Cup that my Italian neighbour was absolutely ropable about!

https://wwos.nine.com.au/rugby/drew...a-crisis/d6d6b30c-0675-413c-9376-dcfe987a6b73
Optus definitely improved, but unless something has changed recently... the way they get their content is from the UK via Singapore. So that means a really long delay, like 30-60 seconds. That is the main issue with something being on Optus Streaming as opposed to Foxtel or FTA.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Optus definitely improved, but unless something has changed recently... the way they get their content is from the UK via Singapore. So that means a really long delay, like 30-60 seconds. That is the main issue with something being on Optus Streaming as opposed to Foxtel or FTA.
Interesting thanks. That’s a long delay considering anyone could be following the score online etc. A mate of mine in the telco industry said that Optus use older satellite technology, so maybe that’s a contributing factor. If true they’ll have to invest if they want to keep growing their sport portfolio going forward.

Paulie Gualtieri

Previously Shrimp
Reaction score
No doubt Raelene is a flop but Rugby Unions biggest issue is that it's a massive boys club. The amount of decent players that get left behind over some average **** cause his Dad is a somebody and knows someone at a Super Rugby Club or their feeder team is a joke. It does happen in Rugby League but when you get an opportunity in League in the top grade and fail, it's a very quick shaft to reserve grade. Union you just keep getting chance after chance.

youoboys

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Bulldogs fan here: someone lift her skirt and see if she has beef and biscuits.......tucked away

GTOWN

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Interesting thanks. That’s a long delay considering anyone could be following the score online etc. A mate of mine in the telco industry said that Optus use older satellite technology, so maybe that’s a contributing factor. If true they’ll have to invest if they want to keep growing their sport portfolio going forward.
Was getting our TAB renovation planned out, and the tv guy reckons SKY channel will be upgrading all their boxes to accomodate a big push into the sports market, possibly through a partnership with Optus

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Was getting our TAB renovation planned out, and the tv guy reckons SKY channel will be upgrading all their boxes to accomodate a big push into the sports market, possibly through a partnership with Optus
Interesting mate, thanks.
Good to see some competition coming for more sports rights - overdue!

TalDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just one correction there, Greenberg had resigned and it was Dib who appointed Castle.
I agree with you though, I think generally he did a very good job as Bulldogs CEO.
He also instituted the club Code of Conduct which stopped grubby 'fans' lighting flares and other crap at games.
I don't think he's been as bad an NRL CEO as some make out - let's face it - in that job you're never going to please everyone and it would be a bloody tough job.
For me, the exposure that the NRL has no rainy day fund is something he has to answer for - he's been CEO for 4 years - more than enough time to set the game up for the future and that clearly hasn't happened.
No-one could've predicted the virus in the way it's played out - but that's exactly what rainy day funds are for - the unforeseen.
I honestly don’t think Greenburg has done that bad a job since he came in as CEO at least they had saved a little bit of money where is previously they had saved nothing being an ex bulldog I think the media have had it out for him from the beginning especially buzz and Kent

Reality Dogg

Banned
Reaction score
I would like to know what credentials our current CEO has? Lololol what he managed international rugby league with a staff total of 1? That’s a muppet out of depth...we should all worry about our current predicament and not our past ones!

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I would like to know what credentials our current CEO has? Lololol what he managed international rugby league with a staff total of 1? That’s a muppet out of depth...we should all worry about our current predicament and not our past ones!
Andrew Hill’s credentials are no secret, look them up yourself. If you so strongly feel he’s out of his depth who do you suggest as a replacement? Are you a football club member? If so you can raise your concerns to a board member at the next available opportunity.

Status
Not open for further replies.