Raelene Castle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
I'm posting this here as she is our ex CEO, also because I don't feel it belongs in the lounge or in NRL General.

Does anyone have anything to offer as to how this woman has had the jobs that she has? What success and qualifications does she actually hold to have been the Bulldogs CEO and now Rugby Australia CEO?

She has botched both jobs with spectacular success.

Anyone remember when she came up with a 5 year strategy plan for us and said we were going to win something like 2 premierships between 2015 and 2020 and also finish top 4 in each of those year.

Lol what a fkn muppet.

How the Frk did she get the gig at Rugby Australia?

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
All the media at the time were creaming themselves about Castle being a great operator when she got the gig at Rugby Australia!

Shows you how much of a basket case Rugby is they didn't even ask the 'Dogs about Castle before they employed her.......

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I'm posting this here as she is our ex CEO, also because I don't feel it belongs in the lounge or in NRL General.

Does anyone have anything to offer as to how this woman has had the jobs that she has? What success and qualifications does she actually hold to have been the Bulldogs CEO and now Rugby Australia CEO?

She has botched both jobs with spectacular success.

Anyone remember when she came up with a 5 year strategy plan for us and said we were going to win something like 2 premierships between 2015 and 2020 and also finish top 4 in each of those year.

Lol what a fkn muppet.

I’ll never defend either Ray or Rae, both made an absolute mess of our great club - but to be fair, I’m pretty sure it was the Despot who said ‘Two Premierships by 2019’ in a PowerPoint presentation to the previous management.

Her statement in May 2018 that she felt she didn’t do anything wrong at the Dogs and ‘Dean Pay needs to take the time to build the squad he wants’ was an absolute cop out and proved just how in denial she was.

As for RA, I really don’t know.
Lack of due diligence maybe but Rae had already been appointed there before the full scope of the Dogs disaster was widely known. Rugby has many problems and Rae is way out of depth to solve them.

That’s why I’ve been supportive of our current administration - they saw we were in a hole, stopped digging and have been building the ladder out for nearly two years. The light at the end of the tunnel is not the train coming the other way in my view.

Scorpio

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I laughed when i read that she had said their (ARU) contract was iron clad and no way will they (ARU) settle..... didn't Dib say the same thing in regards to Hasler's contract.....
Both Castle & Dib should never be Director's or Board Members of any organisation.

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The reality is this, she is a professional 30%er she gets the job because of whats not between her legs and whats not between her ears!

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
does she do "blog with the hog" on the ARU website too?

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
All the media at the time were creaming themselves about Castle being a great operator when she got the gig at Rugby Australia!

Shows you how much of a basket case Rugby is they didn't even ask the 'Dogs about Castle before they employed her.......
I thought we must've still been paying half her salary when Rugby employed her to run their whole show - fucking weidos. At least she's helping RL now by destroying Rugby, and we can only hope her next job is at the AFL.

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

I agree the Rugby are more amateur than NRL which is hard to believe
They might not have asked our management directly about the fiasco she created at our club but no doubt their board would have been aware to some degree
Once again she has caused turmoil non of which will cost her personally

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
I said it ages ago. She stunk of failure and unfortunately I’m starting to get the same scent from the current mob!

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
An example of Political Correctness dictating decisions - they fail upwards the more they fail the higher they go

liljohny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Someone on the ARU board must have a fetish for trannys

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
She proved she couldn’t get it done here lol.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
With all due respect to all the great women in the game, Raelene would not have been given either job if she wasn't a female and it was just based on her CV.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
This gives you her background and why she probably got the Bulldogs job: https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/a-...ga-link-to-steve-mortimer-20130529-2nc4d.html

Prior to that (source: https://www.rugby.com.au/news/2017/12/12/raelene-castle-timeline):
1991 - 1999 Castle's first major job came at printing company Fuji Xerox, where she was the marketing manager for eight years.
2003 - 2004 Her next role was a communication managers job at Bank of New Zealand.
2005 - 2007 Castle then moved to Telecom New Zealand, where she ran the business marketing department for two years.
2007 - 2013 CEO of Netball NZ
2013 - 2017 CEO of NRL Bulldogs
2017 - 20?? CEO of Rugby Australia

Her previous claim to fame was running NZ netball. Supposedly she did a great job..... then I just found this article talking about her legacy after she left..
From memory the real clusterfuck surrounding the Bulldogs wasn't realised in it's enormity until she left.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I guess the rest of the world is finally learning what we already knew. I still couldn't believe how she got the ARU job.
Her previous claim to fame was running NZ netball. Supposedly she did a great job..... then I just found this article talking about her legacy after she left..
https://www.rnz.co.nz/news/sport/391466/opinion-netball-nz-haunted-by-former-management
True Bulldogs supporters can relate to this question;
"Where on earth are the next generation of players? Was there no high performance programme in place while Castle was in charge?"
Sounds very familiar, maybe the blame isn't 100% Des?

FWIW, while she was in charge of Netball NZ, and before she came to us, she applied for the CEO's job at NZ RU and didn't get a look in. Seems like they dodged a bullet there.

Go Dogs

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.