Raelene Castle

Status
Not open for further replies.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm posting this here as she is our ex CEO, also because I don't feel it belongs in the lounge or in NRL General.

Does anyone have anything to offer as to how this woman has had the jobs that she has? What success and qualifications does she actually hold to have been the Bulldogs CEO and now Rugby Australia CEO?

She has botched both jobs with spectacular success.

Anyone remember when she came up with a 5 year strategy plan for us and said we were going to win something like 2 premierships between 2015 and 2020 and also finish top 4 in each of those year.

Lol what a fkn muppet.

How the Frk did she get the gig at Rugby Australia?
They needed a woman in charge just to show the world why women havent been charge of anything but a kitchen or laundry until now..

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Her parting gift to RA was to appoint a f*****g NZ coach. Go figure.

Malla

Reaction score
She spends too much time in front of the cameras instead of actually doing any work

Useless bitch

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Rae Rae's days at RA must be numbered. She's proved even more disastrous there than she was for us.
The sharks are clearly circling now. Check out some of her recent 'achievements':

- Announcing a $9.4m loss for the last financial year.
- Standing down 75% of RA's staff during their own shutdown (granted this isn't unique to RA, but she 'generously' took a temporary 50% pay cut - and still earns $400k/year, while most of her staff get nothing).
- Started a fight between the RUPA and RA which has not been solved.
- Has no broadcast deal (at this stage) for 2021 onwards (approx 50% of RA's revenue). Foxtel offered 40% less than the current deal due to dwindling crowd numbers and ratings (and there's no other takers as far as I'm aware).
- Yet at last week's AGM she gave the executive and board a score of 72/100 for their leadership...

She leaves a trail everywhere she goes - does anyone have a mop?

Last edited:

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Raelene Castle is a perfect example of employing someone purely on the bases of what is NOT between their legs as opposed to what IS between their ears...

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
She certainly has the kiss of death about her.
The decision to delay the decision on TV rights deal for Rugby has resulted in the auditors unable to sign off on this years financial statements because the auditors cannot be confident that the business model is viable as a going concern.
Her immediate resignation is required.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
She certainly has the kiss of death about her.
The decision to delay the decision on TV rights deal for Rugby has resulted in the auditors unable to sign off on this years financial statements because the auditors cannot be confident that the business model is viable as a going concern.
Her immediate resignation is required.
And if the broadcast deal had been done, that loss might not have occurred as well as having some surety about a viable concern going forward.
If she doesn't jump she'll be pushed - it's a matter of when.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I wonder if Castle n Greenburg will both be sacked in the same week - it is amazing that the Bulldogs are still an organisation, be it a damaged one, considering the quality of the previous two CEO's.
Both are examples of "fake it to you make it" PC driven "success" culture - without clichés and buzz phrases they have nothing to say and have no insight into the grassroots level culture and character of the professions/ industries / sports they they are involved in.

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wonder if Castle n Greenburg will both be sacked in the same week - it is amazing that the Bulldogs are still an organisation, be it a damaged one, considering the quality of the previous two CEO's.
Both are examples of "fake it to you make it" PC driven "success" culture - without clichés and buzz phrases they have nothing to say and have no insight into the grassroots level culture and character of the professions/ industries / sports they they are involved in.
I’ll be honest .. greenberg brought the dogs back from the brink , end of 2008 sonny bill dicklips left us, he was the one advocating to not allow him to rejoin nrl for 5 years till contract ended. We had no sponsor so got us camp quality on the jersey to show we meant well, was involved in the signing of menus, stagg, Morris etc and snatched us away des Hasler who at the time was a breath of fresh air on 2012. His demise came after the barba situation . I personally think he wanted barba gone cause he knew he assaulted currie(his partner) she had a black eye and from there he anointed castle.. he did a Wayne Bennett to us she was our Steve price (dragons coach) .. but how can anyone that fat be good
For the business ? Where’s the motivation and hard work from her ? She’s a slob

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
and from there he anointed castle..
Just one correction there, Greenberg had resigned and it was Dib who appointed Castle.
I agree with you though, I think generally he did a very good job as Bulldogs CEO.
He also instituted the club Code of Conduct which stopped grubby 'fans' lighting flares and other crap at games.
I don't think he's been as bad an NRL CEO as some make out - let's face it - in that job you're never going to please everyone and it would be a bloody tough job.
For me, the exposure that the NRL has no rainy day fund is something he has to answer for - he's been CEO for 4 years - more than enough time to set the game up for the future and that clearly hasn't happened.
No-one could've predicted the virus in the way it's played out - but that's exactly what rainy day funds are for - the unforeseen.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I’ll be honest .. greenberg brought the dogs back from the brink , end of 2008 sonny bill dicklips left us, he was the one advocating to not allow him to rejoin nrl for 5 years till contract ended. We had no sponsor so got us camp quality on the jersey to show we meant well, was involved in the signing of menus, stagg, Morris etc and snatched us away des Hasler who at the time was a breath of fresh air on 2012. His demise came after the barba situation . I personally think he wanted barba gone cause he knew he assaulted currie(his partner) she had a black eye and from there he anointed castle.. he did a Wayne Bennett to us she was our Steve price (dragons coach) .. but how can anyone that fat be good
Fair - my criticism of Greenburg is more to do with his performance in his role with the NRL.
Do you know / remember when the dogs went back to using Belmore as a base - with the training facilities etc I do know that for a number of years having to move around training venueswhich they had to share had an effect on performance.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
he didn't bring us back from the brink, we were fine and just going through a rebuild and global financial crisis

only Greenberg can spin it so that a global financial crisis and him not getting major sponsors was because the club was so shit, he was all about spin and making himself to be the saviour

he eventually took us to the brink because he didn't give hasler a psychological evaluation to see if he has lost his mind before signing him, because Moneyball came out in 2011 and I guarantee hasler lost his shit trying to emulate it

what are you talking about demise? he took an nrl promotion and that was always his end goal, everything he did was to set a narrative that he was the man holding up the club and it was a shambles before he came, now he is trying to do the same thing to prove it is a shambles after he left, make no mistake he is trying to destroy the club even talking about different levels of funding helping keep cash strapped clubs afloat during corona virus and predicting that strong Sydney clubs (us) will fail

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
he didn't bring us back from the brink, we were fine and just going through a rebuild and global financial crisis

only Greenberg can spin it so that a global financial crisis and him not getting major sponsors was because the club was so shit, he was all about spin and making himself to be the saviour

he eventually took us to the brink because he didn't give hasler a psychological evaluation to see if he has lost his mind before signing him, because Moneyball came out in 2011 and I guarantee hasler lost his shit trying to emulate it

what are you talking about demise? he took an nrl promotion and that was always his end goal, everything he did was to set a narrative that he was the man holding up the club and it was a shambles before he came, now he is trying to do the same thing to prove it is a shambles after he left, make no mistake he is trying to destroy the club even talking about different levels of funding helping keep cash strapped clubs afloat during corona virus and predicting that strong Sydney clubs (us) will fail
You need to look at what Greenberg did after 2008 to see what work he really did including getting more sponsors on board, adding the no-dickheads policy to our club (Reni Maitua was the first victim of that), and giving us a good name again, initiating 3 levels of Government funding to get Belmore Sports Ground upgraded (the reason why we're back playing there), and at least giving the club some sort of direction (which Raelene Castle flopped on). Added to that, anytime there was bad publicity threatened against the club, those potential perpetrators knew they would've been in for a fight and he would've fucked them over. Since he left, all the bad publicity started again!

I'm not going to say that he isn't a hack of an NRL CEO, because let's face it, he's pathetic, but he did a lot for our club, and was one of our best CEO's in recent memory.

Peter Moore: GOAT
Bob Hagen: salary cap scandal and Oasis failure (moving us to Liverpool? No thanks).
Steve Mortimer: I freaking love Turvey, he's everything being a Bulldog stands for, and he has a right to be on our board, but he's not made to be CEO and doesn't deserve that headache, he's far-too respected to pay for the stuff-ups of others
Malcolm Noad: He had a good first year, however things went south after that. He also had no interest in upgrading Belmore Sports Ground
Todd Greenerg: 2nd to Bullfrog
Raelene Castle: :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Malla

Reaction score
You need to look at what Greenberg did after 2008 to see what work he really did including getting more sponsors on board, adding the no-dickheads policy to our club (Reni Maitua was the first victim of that), and giving us a good name again, initiating 3 levels of Government funding to get Belmore Sports Ground upgraded (the reason why we're back playing there), and at least giving the club some sort of direction (which Raelene Castle flopped on). Added to that, anytime there was bad publicity threatened against the club, those potential perpetrators knew they would've been in for a fight and he would've fucked them over. Since he left, all the bad publicity started again!

I'm not going to say that he isn't a hack of an NRL CEO, because let's face it, he's pathetic, but he did a lot for our club, and was one of our best CEO's in recent memory.

Bob Hagen: salary cap scandal and Oasis failure (moving us to Liverpool? No thanks).
Steve Mortimer: I freaking love Turvey, he's everything being a Bulldog stands for, and he has a right to be on our board, but he's not made to be CEO and doesn't deserve that headache, he's far-too respected to pay for the stuff-ups of others
Malcolm Noad: He had a good first year, however things went south after that. He also had no interest in upgrading Belmore Sports Ground
Thoughts on Hill??

I like the current set up. Hill doesn't want to be in front of a camera as much as Castle or Greenberg did. He just wants to get the job done. While a lot were pretty pissed with the sacking of CHN and Okunbor, it was the right decision our CEO needed to make.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score

I know very well what he claimed to bring us after 2008 but its all bullshit

the no dickheads policy simply agrees with the outsiders that we were previously dickheads and it should be called the fake no dickhead policy because he kept sweeping under the carpet the moves of the biggest dickhead of all time

the rugby league media hated us and noad, he just build his reputation shitting on the club/noad and was rewarded by the media

I cant believe anybody fell for his crap

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score

Generally agree with this assessment. Was going to ask your opinion of Hill too, but @Malla got in before me :-).
I think so far Hill is going a good job. Full judgement would've come in the next 18 months under normal circumstances, but given the Rona, we're all going to have to see how this plays out...

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
hasler was a failure who almost got lucky with a premiership because of placebo coaching

just like in space jam when the loony tunes almost won because they thought they were drinking Michael jordans magic water

Status
Not open for further replies.