Rabbitohs under investigation

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Latrell Mitchell also avoided charge for a headbutt on Reynolds that was reported on field.

Broncos had a set of six before Souths scored 5 minutes after this blunder.

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Sorry you are wrong. Our incident did not influence in any way the result. Try was scored on the opposite side of the ground to where the extra player was and Ennis was being attended to by the trainer.
Ennis was not the player who was coming off. Ryan was. And then he re-entered the field whilst Ennis was still on the field.

I’ll wait for your apology

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Not really though. The status of a game should have no bearing on the application of the rules. Or should we make it OK to spear tackle so long as your leading by 13+?
An illegal act that can hurt a player is no way comparable.

I’m not questioning whether what they did is wrong though. But the punishment has always been grey.

Cowboys - docked points (player was on the field for minutes)
Broncos - player was on field for 30 seconds, not docked points
Bulldogs - had a player who was supposed to leave the field re-enter the play. We scored, and converted to win the game.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
How can the breach be considered minor but is clearly spelt out in the Rule Book.?

So now we have the Clayton's rule...the rule you have when you are not having a rule. That screen shot is damning and shows the replacement running from behind and from the sideline no more than ten metres from the player playing the ball who is the one he was supposed to replace. Certainly shows up the ineptitude of the sideline official who should NEVER have given permission for the player to come on in the first place because he has ignored the rules...or is that the point because an official was involved? In any case the rules were broken and not just by the official but by the club and the player...

It seems that these days money in the bank is more important than flagrant rorting of the rules...we'll fine them but not inconvenience them by deducting points.

SECTION 4 THE PLAYER AND PLAYERS’ EQUIPMENT 13-a-side 1. The game shall be played by two teams each consisting of not more than thirteen players on the field at any one time.

Interchanges 2. (a) Each team may utilise Interchange players during the course of a match provided that the names of the Interchange players are made known to the Referee before the commencement of the match. Interchanges will only be affected after a player has left the field. The replacement takes the field immediately in an onside position with the permission of a Touch Judge/Interchange Official.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Not really though. The status of a game should have no bearing on the application of the rules. Or should we make it OK to spear tackle so long as your leading by 13+?
Exactly. If you rob a store taking five dollars instead of five hundred dollars you have still broken the law...circumstance of points differential should not matter...

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Exactly. If you rob a store taking five dollars instead of five hundred dollars you have still broken the law...circumstance of points differential should not matter...
But how the judge would hand out punishment would differ on that exact situation.

$500 is a lot of money. $5, not so much. Are you telling me it would be justified if both got fined $10,000 for both respective incidents?

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
But how the judge would hand out punishment would differ on that exact situation.

$500 is a lot of money. $5, not so much. Are you telling me it would be justified if both got fined $10,000 for both respective incidents?
What I an saying is that both cases are considered robbery. I used that example to point that out...

Roll the Bones

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Correct. And it probably takes a whole set before your defensive line re-adjust to the numerical advantage.

But it's and indigenous team.....er...I mean Souths......er...I mean an indigenous team...

Shame on the media or NRL for even raising it as a potential issue.

NRL should just apologise and give them 300k salary cap dispensation for the next 4 years.....
They'll probably end up getting awarded 2 bonus points for all the stress this has caused them.

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
What I an saying is that both cases are considered robbery. I used that example to point that out...
And my point is nowhere in the rule book does it state what the penalty is.

We’ve had very few instances to go off - in the NRL era, 4 by my count (this one included) - 2 punished, 1 let off, 1 seemingly let off.

The circumstances matter - and if they don’t, we would have hundreds of issues a round if a player steps on the field a millisecond before the player he’s replacing comes off the field. We use logic in that instance to determine that this had no incremental impact to the game.

That same logic must be applied to all instances to determine a potential impact and overall outcome.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
And my point is nowhere in the rule book does it state what the penalty is.

We’ve had very few instances to go off - in the NRL era, 4 by my count (this one included) - 2 punished, 1 let off, 1 seemingly let off.

The circumstances matter - and if they don’t, we would have hundreds of issues a round if a player steps on the field a millisecond before the player he’s replacing comes off the field. We use logic in that instance to determine that this had no incremental impact to the game.

That same logic must be applied to all instances to determine a potential impact and overall outcome.
May not be a penalty listed but it is a rule broken. Just sick of the thousand and one interpretations of a rule that is clearly stated...a game played by a side fielding a maximum of 13 pretty black and white and also that the sideline official needs to give permission for the replacement to enter the field..

It is quoted from a RULE book not a book outlining the penalties for breaking those rules...

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
May not be a penalty listed but it is a rule broken. Just sick of the thousand and one interpretations of a rule that is clearly stated...a game played by a side fielding a maximum of 13 pretty black and white and also that the sideline official needs to give permission for the replacement to enter the field..

It is quoted from a RULE book not a book outlining the penalties for breaking those rules...
If it was an out and out rule with penalty - sure. I agree with you. 14 players = auto conceding of points.

Im not questioning they should get off scott- free. A fine should cover it. I’d be willing to make the fine that fucking Bell they own so I can melt down the **** and feed it to Rusty

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If it was an out and out rule with penalty - sure. I agree with you. 14 players = auto conceding of points.

Im not questioning they should get off scott- free. A fine should cover it. I’d be willing to make the fine that fucking Bell they own so I can melt down the **** and feed it to Rusty
I don't know, in my mind a fine would be getting off scott free....there have been so many cases of extra blokes consisting of players returning from the sin bin early (Manly) yet another clanger by officials excused as the official being overloaded with responsibilities

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...n/news-story/c3c07518be8b2e4b16bdba49b5ecbf8a

to periods of time from 15 seconds through to half a minute.

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I don't know, in my mind a fine would be getting off scott free....there have been so many cases of extra blokes consisting of players returning from the sin bin early (Manly) yet another clanger by officials excused as the official being overloaded with responsibilities

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...n/news-story/c3c07518be8b2e4b16bdba49b5ecbf8a

to periods of time from 15 seconds through to half a minute.
So then what if the team who has 14 for a period but loses?

This is fundamentally why it cannot be a black and white decision.

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I fucking hate SouFF$ but if they had an extra player on the field for 30 seconds in a 30 point win its hardly had an impact on the end scoreline.

Bitemarks

mmm tasty ear
Reaction score
This 1000% none of this bull shit grey area crap. A rule is a rule, keeps it simple.