Rabbitohs under investigation

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rabbitohs under investigation for having 14 players on the field for a few plays last night. Watch nothing happen. Yet we get stripped of points in 09 for an incident similar, where the 14th player wasn’t involved in any play. And that ultimately cost us the minor premiership.

Load of Shit

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Rabbitohs under investigation for having 14 players on the field for a few plays last night. Watch nothing happen. Yet we get stripped of points in 09 for an incident similar, where the 14th player wasn’t involved in any play. And that ultimately cost us the minor premiership.

Load of Shit
Yeah they stripped us the points for 14 players when I think it was Andrew Ryan injured on the side line.

the_yuk

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Bunnies extra player was on the field for 30 seconds and involved in 3 plays…against 12 men as the broncos had a player in the bin at the time….article also states they aren’t likely to lose point.
The game just keeps getting worse and worse.

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Bunnies extra player was on the field for 30 seconds and involved in 3 plays…against 12 men as the broncos had a player in the bin at the time….article also states they aren’t likely to lose point.
The game just keeps getting worse and worse.
Surely there is some kind of a penalty, they have to be punished.

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I read an article this morning saying they wont be docked points because it's not that big a deal.

Motherfuckers were quick to pump us when it happened against the panthers. FUCK THE NRL
There’s been a few instances over the years. Teams always cop fines. But yeah we got points stripped. Call me a sook but that sets up that season so different. We would have been minor premiers that year.

Gene Krupa

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Poor Souths, playing that well for nothing.

Last edited:

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hold up, gents.

Ours was a VASTLY different scenario.

In 09, our 14th player played a passive role in us winning the game. Our 13th player was injured in back play, and instead of going off, Ryan (or maybe Ennis) stayed in the field when they were supposed to go off.

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hold up, gents.

In 09, our 14th player played a passive role in us winning the game. Our 13th player was injured in back play, and instead of going off, Ryan (or maybe Ennis) stayed in the field when they were supposed to go off.
Wasn’t actively involved in the play. The extra Rabbitohs player was in the attacking line. Should be a blanket rule. 14 players, if you win you lose points. My point is we always seem to cop the extremes. Other teams do the same and get off with a fine.

MichaelM

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It’s Souths - they will get a slap on the wrist.

I’m still waiting for the outcome of the “investigation” into their team doctor falsifying prescriptions.

Not to mention the salary cap exemptions for Inglis and Burgess.

Or the dick picks they didn’t report to the Nrl because they handled it “in-house”

Now Burgess is employed by the club and mentoring the next generation of Souths legends!

And all the time they are the pride of the league!

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Wasn’t actively involved in the play. The extra Rabbitohs player was in the attacking line. Should be a blanket rule. 14 players, if you win you lose points. My point is we always seem to cop the extremes. Other teams do the same and get off with a fine.
If you’ve created a situation where a defender needs to adjudicate where to position himself based on a player illegally entering the field - then they’re active enough to cause a sufficient change to defensive patterns.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Firstly, fuck the NRL. But really it's so long ago that we were stripped of the 2 points. I'm not going to give this any emotion. There's things in this world that I'll dwell on til I die. But this particular thing isn't going to foul up my mood.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
The NRL site and 9 have been jizzing so hard over latrell and graham since souths won there's no chance they will lose points now. Oh to be a protected species

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Load of Shit
If they don’t have 2 points taken off then we know the NRL are corrupt.

I was at that game where we lost the 2 points for an extra player on the field, from memory it was Round 2 or 3 but definitively against the Panthers at Penrith, was absolutely filthy when I heard that but that’s the rule and rules are rules!

“No 2 points for YOU (Soufffs)”.

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hold up, gents.

You have to joking. Extra Souths player was involved in the play.

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You have to joking. Extra Souths player was involved in the play.
When it was 22-6.

We were LOSING the game, and won with the 14th player on the field.

Vastly different