Rabbitohs under investigation

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Don't like it when faced with facts!

Are you even a Bulldogs supporter?

Definitely don't come across as one.
What facts are those boomer?

You have yet to respond to my previous post about you being incorrect regarding the circumstance of why we lost 2 points back in 09.

Allow me to refresh your memory.

"In the process, however, it became clear that after Andrew Ryan left the field on the far side and was walking away from the play, he then appeared to be called back on by a trainer.

"There are clearly fourteen men on the field when the try is scored

And yes. I am a dogs supporter. But I don’t follow blindly and buy into bullshit being spun by people wearing blue and white glasses

Gene Krupa

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

You have yet to respond to my previous post about you being incorrect regarding the circumstance of why we lost 2 points back in 09.

"In the process, however, it became clear that after Andrew Ryan left the field on the far side and was walking away from the play, he then appeared to be called back on by a trainer.

And yes. I am a dogs supporter. But I don’t follow blindly and buy into bullshit being spun by people wearing blue and white glasses
How dare you post facts. SHAME, SHAME, SHAME. :tongueclosed:

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
They were, but were reinstated & they were fined $75000. https://www.broncos.com.au/news/2016/05/26/throwback-thursday-$75000-fine/. I just googled it.
And this is essentially why i either think the NRL has it out for us or our club has rocks for brains. We are quite literally the only team to lose points for making the same mistake other clubs do

There was literally precedent for the club in the form of the Broncos and our situation was almost the exact same as theirs

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
And this is essentially why i either think the NRL has it out for us or our club has rocks for brains. We are quite literally the only team to lose points for making the same mistake other clubs do

There was literally precedent for the club in the form of the Broncos and our situation was almost the exact same as theirs
I read that article on the Broncos 14 man incident. A clearer case of a premeditated case of a player disregarding the rules by dropping the interchange card handed to him to WAIT but takes it on himself to run on the field of play, you'd never see.

The NRL dock them 2 points. But the CEO Cullen says but we might lose money and the minor premiership so we agree to a fine only.

The NRL backs down and reinstates the 2 points on the strength of that. What a rort.

Exact circumstances of 2 lost points lost us the minor premiership but tough luck.

Broncos it's different. Give them their 2 points back.

Rort and different rules for different clubs as we see with Souths.

I mean I think unless the player is actually involved, common sense should prevail for ALL teams but if there is a rule then abide by it or face the consequences.

Other sports say golf or even lawn bowls, you break the rules, inadvertently touch the ball, whatever, they dont say heres a fine or you weren't winning that hole/end anyway so rules dont apply to you.

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I liked the part when the boomer was presented with facts and went straight for the insult
peak whinging boomer mentality

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

You seem to have a better memory 14 years ago than you do now.

And you’re very selective in what you say.

At NO point in that match, that the Bulldogs lost 2 points and fined, did any player have any part in the try and we had a player injured in Ennis.

None of that mattered when we appealed that decision. Precedent set.

Souths extra player was initially said to have been on for 30 seconds then it went down to 15s and DID get involved in the play.

But “no there was nothing in it”, shouldn’t have happened so we’ll fine the club but NO loss of 2 points.

Even the rule states there should be no more than 13 players per team.

So NO Bullshit just FACTS, but you seem to have trouble with facts not just a select few.

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You seem to have a better memory 14 years ago than you do now.

And you’re very selective in what you say.

At NO point in that match, that the Bulldogs lost 2 points and fined, did any player have any part in the try and we had a player injured in Ennis.

None of that mattered when we appealed that decision. Precedent set.

Souths extra player was initially said to have been on for 30 seconds then it went down to 15s and DID get involved in the play.

But “no there was nothing in it”, shouldn’t have happened so we’ll fine the club but NO loss of 2 points.

Even the rule states there should be no more than 13 players per team.

So NO Bullshit just FACTS, but you seem to have trouble with facts not just a select few.
Here are the facts:

The law states you should not have more than 13 players on the field. Unlike a high tackle, or a professional foul - it does not stipulate what the outcome should be Ie high tackle - penalty. Professional foul = sin bin

Dogs were making there final interchange in the closing stages against the Panthers in round 2, 2009.

Ryan was to be interchanged off the field. He walked off and crossed the stripe to the bench. Tony Ayoub was tending to Ennis at the same time. He yelled out to Ryan to get back on. Ryan went to his position, and we were attacking the line. Ryan was the 14th player, not Ennis.

Our captain took his position in the offensive line. This is where we now need to determine the outcome of what happened. Was Ryan offensively passive? Sure. I don’t believe he touched the ball.

However, did the defence have to factor him into their decision making?Yes they did. They defended against a player who should not have been there, ergo altering their defensive process.

There are several precedents up until this point - the Broncos should have never had their points given back to them; that I’ll agree with, as it was the same as our situation - a player; who should not of been on the field, scored, which factored heavily on the deciding score line. Cowboys; another example, had a 14th player for several minutes. Open and shut loss of points.

Rabbitohs had a player get involved at 22-6. For one tackle. No points were scored. As much as I would LOVE to see them lose points, this is not justified.

Thanks, and come again old mate

Gene Krupa

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I read that article on the Broncos 14 man incident. A clearer case of a premeditated case of a player disregarding the rules by dropping the interchange card handed to him to WAIT but takes it on himself to run on the field of play, you'd never see.
It shouldn't have happened, the ref stuffed up as it was a free interchange to them & he should have stopped the game & allowed it to happen.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

Thought boomer was reserved for me? I felt special but now I just feel used and dirty

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here are the facts:

The law states you should not have more than 13 players on the field. Unlike a high tackle, or a professional foul - it does not stipulate what the outcome should be Ie high tackle - penalty. Professional foul = sin bin

Dogs were making there final interchange in the closing stages against the Panthers in round 2, 2009.

Ryan was to be interchanged off the field. He walked off and crossed the stripe to the bench. Tony Ayoub was tending to Ennis at the same time. He yelled out to Ryan to get back on. Ryan went to his position, and we were attacking the line. Ryan was the 14th player, not Ennis.

Our captain took his position in the offensive line. This is where we now need to determine the outcome of what happened. Was Ryan offensively passive? Sure. I don’t believe he touched the ball.

However, did the defence have to factor him into their decision making?Yes they did. They defended against a player who should not have been there, ergo altering their defensive process.

There are several precedents up until this point - the Broncos should have never had their points given back to them; that I’ll agree with, as it was the same as our situation - a player; who should not of been on the field, scored, which factored heavily on the deciding score line. Cowboys; another example, had a 14th player for several minutes. Open and shut loss of points.

Rabbitohs had a player get involved at 22-6. For one tackle. No points were scored. As much as I would LOVE to see them lose points, this is not justified.

Thanks, and come again old mate
Thanks for clarifying that they
make it up as they go along. Other teams have lost 2 competition points but the protected species get “Special” treatment.

Ennis was being attended to by the trainer so we had only 13 players in play.

Both instances were stuff ups but Souths had breached the rule where no player was down injured and we’re not talking junior football. It’s supposedly professional.

Bulldogs should never have lost points, if that had happened I’d be fine with decision but that lost their appeal. Fined yes but a loss of points set a precedent, that can’t be disputed.

Score line should have nothing to do with it as I said it’s supposedly a professionally run sport and IF Soufffs can get away with merely a fine then other teams will try to get away with something similar.

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Thanks for clarifying that they
make it up as they go along. Other teams have lost 2 competition points but the protected species get “Special” treatment.

Ennis was being attended to by the trainer so we had only 13 players in play.

Both instances were stuff ups but Souths had breached the rule where no player was down injured and we’re not talking junior football. It’s supposedly professional.

Bulldogs should never have lost points, if that had happened I’d be fine with decision but that lost their appeal. Fined yes but a loss of points set a precedent, that can’t be disputed.

Score line should have nothing to do with it as I said it’s supposedly a professionally run sport and IF Soufffs can get away with merely a fine then other teams will try to get away with something similar.
Ryan was supposed to come off but didn’t. The injury shouldn’t come into consideration.

So question for you - if I cross the stripe and enter the field of play 2 seconds early, should team be penalised? What about 30 seconds? A minute? Where is the line drawn?

How about context of the game. What if my team waa winning 50 nil and it was the 79th minute of the game?

Your argument is actually illogical

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ryan was supposed to come off but didn’t. The injury shouldn’t come into consideration.

So question for you - if I cross the stripe and enter the field of play 2 seconds early, should team be penalised? What about 30 seconds? A minute? Where is the line drawn?

How about context of the game. What if my team waa winning 50 nil and it was the 79th minute of the game?

You conveniently leave out the fact that you've already stated that there is NO penalty linked to the RULE, yet they've been TWO similar instances with TWO different penalties issued.

"The injury shouldn’t come into consideration". REALLY? How does an injured player, that makes up 14 players, compare to 14 FIT players on the field at the same time? Both were for a short period and neither had any bearing on the result, but penalties are completely different.

Even the Penrith CEO at the time said it had NO bearing on the result, but they would accept the leagues decision.

Bulldogs should never have lost the 2 points back in 2009 but did. Souths had an extra player on the field and only get fined. I agree that it had NO effect on the game, but the precedent had been set back in 2009.

End of Story!

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Hold up, gents.

Ours was a VASTLY different scenario.

In 09, our 14th player played a passive role in us winning the game. Our 13th player was injured in back play, and instead of going off, Ryan (or maybe Ennis) stayed in the field when they were supposed to go off.
Agreed.
The kennel won’t though, you gotta learn their bias clouds their judgment to a degree they genuinely feel the doggs always are hard done by. They can’t see it.