PS5 vs XBOX

Which new game system would you prefer

• Total voters

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Hurry up Thursday. Got mine pre-ordered but got to pick it up from shop. Should have had it posted now seeing as some places have already been sending them early.

Ordered it from Gamesmen. Will probably get it a week after release just to annoy me.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ordered it from Gamesmen. Will probably get it a week after release just to annoy me.
That would suck big time. Hopefully my PS4 holds up and doesn't die when I play Cyberpunk. It only has to hold on until I can get a PS5, once they hit the stores.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Reviews have started dropping for Cyberpunk 2077. They're generally favourable but they do mention that there's many bugs right now.

The variation in the reviews is interesting with IGN giving it a 9/10 and saying that the main missions aren't that long, but the side quests are all amazing and they all have a drastic inpact on the main story.

Meanwhile Gamespot gave it a 7/10 saying the side quests were pointless and bland.

IGN reviewer pointed out that he talked to others who all said that they had a completely different experience, pointing out that some quests he did weren't offered to other players because of some choice they made in the game. So it sounds like multiple play throughs may be good.

The jist of most reviews is that it's great but will need about 6 months to iron out the bugs.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Reviews have started dropping for Cyberpunk 2077. They're generally favourable but they do mention that there's many bugs right now.

The variation in the reviews is interesting with IGN giving it a 9/10 and saying that the main missions aren't that long, but the side quests are all amazing and they all have a drastic inpact on the main story.

Meanwhile Gamespot gave it a 7/10 saying the side quests were pointless and bland.

IGN reviewer pointed out that he talked to others who all said that they had a completely different experience, pointing out that some quests he did weren't offered to other players because of some choice they made in the game. So it sounds like multiple play throughs may be good.

The jist of most reviews is that it's great but will need about 6 months to iron out the bugs.
I'll let you know how it is whenever my PS5 arrives. Though I have like 4 games ready to go so I might not get round to it..

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Enjoy the next few days of installing updates

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Enjoy the next few days of installing updates
Wasn't too bad, downloads are still slow but not as slow as the PS4. Cyberpunk has a big patch already and another coming @ release...might wait until then to play incase there's some important shit. Going to play TLOU2 all night and hopefully that lasts until Thursday..

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Wasn't too bad, downloads are still slow but not as slow as the PS4. Cyberpunk has a big patch already and another coming @ release...might wait until then to play incase there's some important shit. Going to play TLOU2 all night and hopefully that lasts until Thursday..
Should do. It's a pretty bloody long game for a single player, non-open world game.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Should do. It's a pretty bloody long game for a single player, non-open world game.
Wtf it's almost 100gb??! I'm going to run out of room quick as fuck on here lol.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Wtf it's almost 100gb??! I'm going to run out of room quick as fuck on here lol.
Yep. I'm glad I got the XSX çause I can't fit any more games on my PS5. Having to play all the 3rd parties on XSX.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I am getting a ps5 next year when the stock issues settle down and some other games come out.

The discless version is stupid in my opinion. You pay more for games and cannot sell them. It will cost you heaps more in the long run.

I bought an Xbox One S and I hardly ever play it, so I am skipping out on the new Xbox unless it gets super cheap down the track. If I do get one it will be the better version, the cheap Xbox is a total joke. At least the discless PS5 isn't shittier hardware.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Yep. I'm glad I got the XSX çause I can't fit any more games on my PS5. Having to play all the 3rd parties on XSX.
I'm okay because I only play a couple of games at once..still annoying though.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I think I've burnt myself out on AC Valhalla. It's great but I'm 45 hours in and feel like I've barely scratched the surface. Just can't be bothered continuing. Will probably get back to it later when I'm bored.

I downloaded Detroit: Become Human as it's free in the Playstation Collection. Not a fan of David Cage games. Hated Heavy Rain, but thought I'd give it a go anyway. Ended up playing straight through it. Took about 6-8 hours. Fairly short, but I loved it. Amazing story, great performances. My only issue is that I had to play certain parts. You get so engrossed in the story then it has an emotional part and your character freezes until you spin the stick and press a few buttons for no reason at all other than to annoy you. Amazing game though. Think I'll play through again with a completely different path. Make my characters sociopaths.

Also need to get back to Demon's Souls and plan to Platinum Miles Morales çause it's just so good.

Also should figure out why when I write Apostrophe then cause on my keyboard, it changes it to "çause"

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I think I've burnt myself out on AC Valhalla. It's great but I'm 45 hours in and feel like I've barely scratched the surface. Just can't be bothered continuing. Will probably get back to it later when I'm bored.

I downloaded Detroit: Become Human as it's free in the Playstation Collection. Not a fan of David Cage games. Hated Heavy Rain, but thought I'd give it a go anyway. Ended up playing straight through it. Took about 6-8 hours. Fairly short, but I loved it. Amazing story, great performances. My only issue is that I had to play certain parts. You get so engrossed in the story then it has an emotional part and your character freezes until you spin the stick and press a few buttons for no reason at all other than to annoy you. Amazing game though. Think I'll play through again with a completely different path. Make my characters sociopaths.

Also need to get back to Demon's Souls and plan to Platinum Miles Morales çause it's just so good.

Also should figure out why when I write Apostrophe then cause on my keyboard, it changes it to "çause"
I'm defenitely passing on AC until it gets dirt cheap and I have nothing else to play. Seems way too repetitive.

Detroit was meh...the part where you play as the girl and have to do house chores was so bloody boring. Not sure how much longer I played after that.

'cause like that? Wtf? :tearsofjoy:

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Launch trailer for Cyberpunk just dropped. Setting a bit of a different tone with this one this time. I'm still hyped, even though it's supposedly a bit buggy and all that right now.

steve1700

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Detroit was pretty good great story and how they did it all. Might do it again and go a different way when I get a chance. Hardly played any of collection so have a few to get through.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm defenitely passing on AC until it gets dirt cheap and I have nothing else to play. Seems way too repetitive.

Detroit was meh...the part where you play as the girl and have to do house chores was so bloody boring. Not sure how much longer I played after that.

'cause like that? Wtf? :tearsofjoy:
Yeah, it does pad it out with crap like that early on. The first 2 hours just feels like you're doing chores.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
My disc spins like my PS4 every half hour or so...I see this is a common bug. Anyone else got it?