PS5 vs XBOX

Which new game system would you prefer

• Total voters

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I ordered the PC version and got my new graphics card the other week so I'm good to go (Max settings)

Also got the PS4 version 'cause it was on sale.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I ordered the PC version and got my new graphics card the other week so I'm good to go (Max settings)

Also got the PS4 version 'cause it was on sale.
$59?

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Is it cheaper than $74 anywhere?
Not that I've seen. Amazon usually matches the cheapest price. That said, JB Hifi often drops the price the day before release so they could end up putting it up for $69. But can't say for sure.

steve1700

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ps5 pulse 3d headset can be pre ordered at JBHifi

Don't know about these. they look pretty cheap and that's one thing I've learnt dont buy cheap plastic headsets they break to easy the amount of electrical tape I have gone through fixing headsets.

Last edited:

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
After going through a few more reviews, I ended up cancelling my Fenyx Rising pre-order.

Press Start loved it, but everyone else is saying it's a very average game. Fun combat, entertaining story, but highly repetitive and crap puzzles. Many are calling it a poor man's Breath of the Wild.

Also figured I won't have time to play it with Valhalla and Demon's Souls taking up all my time, plus Cyberpunk coming out soon.

steve1700

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
After going through a few more reviews, I ended up cancelling my Fenyx Rising pre-order.

Press Start loved it, but everyone else is saying it's a very average game. Fun combat, entertaining story, but highly repetitive and crap puzzles. Many are calling it a poor man's Breath of the Wild.

Also figured I won't have time to play it with Valhalla and Demon's Souls taking up all my time, plus Cyberpunk coming out soon.
Haven't even heard of fenyx rising will have a look. Im waiting for cyberpunk and horizon 2 while playing God of war might try Valhalla if anything similar to God of war

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Haven't even heard of fenyx rising will have a look. Im waiting for cyberpunk and horizon 2 while playing God of war might try Valhalla if anything similar to God of war
Don't make the mistake of thinking another game is similar to God of War, you will be left disappointed lol.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Ps5 pulse 3d headset can be pre ordered at JBHifi

Don't know about these. they look pretty cheap and that's one thing I've learnt dont buy cheap plastic headsets they break to easy the amount of electrical tape I have gone through fixing headsets.
Yes I'm not keen on them, I'm going to get the SteelSeries Arctis 7p instead whenever there's stock. Hopefully soon...

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Valhalla is more like Witcher 3. But with more climbing.

Really enjoying it. Right now I'm dual wielding heavy axes, but you can unlock Thor's Hammer and Excalibur and dual weild them

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Valhalla is more like Witcher 3. But with more climbing.

Really enjoying it. Right now I'm dual wielding heavy axes, but you can unlock Thor's Hammer and Excalibur and dual weild them

Thor's hammer isn't available until after you finish the storyline. Finished it two days ago and grabbed the hammer. Looks really good but is quite slow it does have a nice perk with stun damage though. Excalibur is available a lot sooner. Haven't tried using it as a single wielded weapon. But like Thor's Hammer it's also pretty slow. Admittedly I haven't tried using either of them as a double handed weapon. I'd unlocked the ability to dual wield double handed weapons by the time I had it. I use Varins axe and the blacksmiths hammer.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Thor's hammer isn't available until after you finish the storyline. Finished it two days ago and grabbed the hammer. Looks really good but is quite slow it does have a nice perk with stun damage though. Excalibur is available a lot sooner. Haven't tried using it as a single wielded weapon. But like Thor's Hammer it's also pretty slow. Admittedly I haven't tried using either of them as a double handed weapon. I'd unlocked the ability to dual wield double handed weapons by the time I had it. I use Varins axe and the blacksmiths hammer.
I'm using the Moonlight axe and the Sepulcher Axe. Does major heavy damage and lights everyone on fire. Fun times.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
@Hacky McAxe I was looking at TVs/monitors again and I'm confused again, sorta.

So I can play 1080p @ 120 fps on anything that's capable of handling that?

But If I want to go beyond that with 4k later on then I need something with HDMI 2.1?

If that's correct then I can upgrade my main TV to a big fuck off 75", move my older TV to the PS5 and get a cheapish decent monitor to go alongside it for online play? I can then upgrade later down the track when better options become available?

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score

But If I want to go beyond that with 4k later on then I need something with HDMI 2.1?

If that's correct then I can upgrade my main TV to a big fuck off 75", move my older TV to the PS5 and get a cheapish decent monitor to go alongside it for online play? I can then upgrade later down the track when better options become available?
Yep. You can't play 4k 60fps on HDMI 2.0, but if you want 4k 120fps then you need HDMI 2.1

But most games don't support 4k 120fps anyway.

steve1700

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes I'm not keen on them, I'm going to get the SteelSeries Arctis 7p instead whenever there's stock. Hopefully soon...
Yeah I had a look at them but only uk stock arctis 1 wireless are pretty good you can pick up a demo pair for $150

I ended up buying alienware 510h dark side of the moon edition

steve1700

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

I was looking at the hisense 55q8 uled was $1250 on black friday but is only hdmi 2.0. Im happy with 4k 60hz if I'm playing R6 I will drop to 1080p so I get 120hz.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I was looking at the hisense 55q8 uled was $1250 on black friday but is only hdmi 2.0. Im happy with 4k 60hz if I'm playing R6 I will drop to 1080p so I get 120hz.
There's only a handful of TVs out with it atm and they're all too big for me...I suppose a few new ones will be popping up over the next year and hopefully at a smaller size.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score

Cyberpunk is going to be a game you will be putting a lot of time into, no doubt.