PS5 vs XBOX

Which new game system would you prefer

• Total voters

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have honestly never seen better monologues in a game. There were scenes in TLOU2 where I would be so intently watching that I would realise I hadn't blinked for about 5 minutes.

And the design is unbelievable. Everything from the details in random houses, to the symbolism of the weather, to the algae in the lakes reacting to you, to the God damn whistling.

Such a brilliant game. Just a pity it got review bombed.
Yeah I have to agree with everything you said.. I found myself binge watching/playing, just as I would with one of those highly addictive tv shows... I have no idea why it got so many bad reviews.. but it's still a chance for game of the year..

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
When they announce God of War sequel - ill consider the PS5.

Or a bundle pack of all the FF7 remakes - which will probably be in like 5 years.
They already announced the God of War sequel. But it was literally just a title (Ragnarok). I'm sure the game will be released in about 2 years from now.

Then again, GOTY awards tomorrow. It could be announced then.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm about 30 minutes in to Cyberpunk 2077 and I had to stop playing. It's good. The city is amazing. But it is so buggy. I started taking notes of the bugs I encountered then I stopped 'cause there was just too many. In 30 minutes of play I encountered a bug every single minute. 30 bugs in 30 minutes.

Nothing game breaking. Almost game breaking. Had to reload a section twice 'cause bugs made me fail it. But to the most part it's just 'cause they were too funny. I'm trying to take the game seriously and there's people floating passed me, enemies not seeing me at all. My character randomly standing up while I'm trying to stealth. My partner walking through walls. I kill everyone in a car then the car disappears and I fail the mission because I didn't kill the guys in the car.

That's just a few bugs I encountered. It's still playable but the bugs just take me out of the game too much. Think I'll wait until they patch it up some more.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Oh. And I'm not sure why this happens but if I crouch, then I stand up, I can't crouch for about 5 seconds. That makes stealth sections very difficult. And occasionally when I aim, I can't aim again for a few seconds. It's such a pity 'cause there's so much interesting stuff there but it's just way too buggy to play.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Heaps of people are already returning CP, looks absolutely embarrassing on old gen.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Reading the responses from people it seems like the game is only slightly buggy for some and unplayable for others.

Was going to just play on PC but as it's pretty much unplayable on PC for me, I think I'll give my PS5 version a go.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've played Cyberpunk for about 4-5 hours and I've only had one crash. I had one dead body glitch that tumbled like a balloon when I walked into it and I had commands not do what they were supposed to on a couple of occasions... Not too bad overall, I'm not experiencing anywhere near the problems others are facing..

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Reading the responses from people it seems like the game is only slightly buggy for some and unplayable for others.

Was going to just play on PC but as it's pretty much unplayable on PC for me, I think I'll give my PS5 version a go.
Look at this comparison video lol.

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Im half way through god of war is so much better on ps5.
Played it through twice. Cinematic masterpiece when it comes to gaming. Loved it!
They already announced the God of War sequel. But it was literally just a title (Ragnarok). I'm sure the game will be released in about 2 years from now.

Then again, GOTY awards tomorrow. It could be announced then.
You are indeed correct. They're saying 2021, so I am guessing in the lead up to Christmas? I know the development for the last one was plagued with crunch time, which usually means the game will suffer as a result. But man-oh-man, Santa Monica Studios got it going on.

Gotham Knights is another I may consider (Batman Arkham series spin off) - but its developed by WB Montreal, who developed probably the worst of the Arkham series games (Origins). Along with Kingdom Hearts 4, but that is probably 27 years off.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Played it through twice. Cinematic masterpiece when it comes to gaming. Loved it!

You are indeed correct. They're saying 2021, so I am guessing in the lead up to Christmas? I know the development for the last one was plagued with crunch time, which usually means the game will suffer as a result. But man-oh-man, Santa Monica Studios got it going on.

Gotham Knights is another I may consider (Batman Arkham series spin off) - but its developed by WB Montreal, who developed probably the worst of the Arkham series games (Origins). Along with Kingdom Hearts 4, but that is probably 27 years off.
I'm definitely looking forward to Gotham Knights but it looks like they've already made some choices I don't like. Looks like they are going to use the MMO/Borderlands style numbers over heads for damage.

Another one which looks interesting in the same style, but not much details about it yet. Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I played 2077 for about 4 hours last night. Feels nice and crunchy, no bugs. Is picking up loot and activating things a bit janky though? Not quite a tap or hold? Might just be my controller but

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm definitely looking forward to Gotham Knights but it looks like they've already made some choices I don't like. Looks like they are going to use the MMO/Borderlands style numbers over heads for damage.

Another one which looks interesting in the same style, but not much details about it yet. Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League
Rocksteady studios. It has to be good!

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
As predicted by many. At the Game Awards Microsoft's new lead studio (the Initiative) announced a new Perfect Dark game.

Also, Back4Blood announced. Which is made by the Left4Dead people and looks like Left4Dead so it's basically Left4Dead 3

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I had a lot more crashes in cp today... :( ..

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
So is CP a massive let down with all the bugs? I'm still enjoying TLOU2 :tearsofjoy:

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
So is CP a massive let down with all the bugs? I'm still enjoying TLOU2 :tearsofjoy:

Edit: just noticed there was a hotfix and apparently the game runs heaps better?

steve1700

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm really thinking about it just wondering if it is big enough.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Seems to be less buggy now. Only played a few hours but I'm not really enjoying it. It's very RPG, so the guns just feel crap and if you try to play it like an action game then you'll fail. Even to the point where if you crouch then stand up, then try to crouch behind cover again you have to hit crouch a few times 'cause RPG or some shit.

I'm sure it'll grow on me eventually but right now it just feels like an average game.