Pride Jersey Pt.2

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
So are you saying, gay people aren't normal.
My gay mates are not normal they like drinking beer and bbq .I thought they should be shoving the rainbow flag everywhere and demanding people accept them ,while making it compulsory to watch queen of the desert how dare they just live life with out an agenda fucking freaks..

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I generally agree that this stuff shouldn't be forced through sport. It is done to encourage acceptance but can end up causing more conflict. So I agree that the jersey thing shouldn't be pushed, but at the same time, gambling ads, alcohol ads, all that stuff should also be refused.

But while it shouldn't be pushed by the clubs or NRL, players should be able to celebrate it themselves. Players should have the option to wear something to signify their support of the LGBTQI community. Nothing breaking uniform. Just like a rainbow armband or something like that. It gives players the opportunity to show their support without the corporate rubbish.
I agree with virtually that, but by saying all that you have done is make a mortal enemy in Dogna88. not to sure about wearing rainbow arm bands advertising any type of sex is really needed.
Not so sure either about comparing it to players wearing a cross or Jesus on their wrist bands, after all the 10 Commandments and the values taught by Jesus (weather myth or not) is different to promoting a life style which many associate wih sodomy.

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I agree with virtually that, but by saying all that you have done is make a mortal enemy in Dogna88. not to sure about wearing rainbow arm bands advertising any type of sex is really needed.
Not so sure either about comparing it to players wearing a cross or Jesus on their wrist bands, after all the 10 Commandments and the values taught by Jesus (weather myth or not) is different to promoting a life style which many associate wih sodomy.
Mortal enemy hahahaha smh

You obviously haven't read my previous comment about the Manly saga

What correlation are you making? Hmmmmmm

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
That’s why sport should be left alone from all this bullshit. Sport unites and is inclusive already! It’s a common ground for all walks of life.
Cool story. Give me a list of openly gay NRL players. I'll wait...

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Angela Elliot & Kylie Flanagan
I'll ignore the joke....it's not a particularly good one.

You don't find it highly unlikely from a statistical POV that so few of our elite male sports stars publicly identify as gay?

Philistine

Kennel Established
Reaction score

You don't find it highly unlikely from a statistical POV that so few of our elite male sports stars publicly identify as gay?
You have a curious way of ignoring jokes by commenting on them.

And you are missing the point. You could ask how many of our elite male sports stars publicly identify as straight. The answer would be none of them. Sex and sexuality are private matters, and straight people do not feel the need to run adverts proclaiming their straightness. For that matter, most gay people do not either, it is just a small minority of look-at-moi types.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
You have a curious way of ignoring jokes by commenting on them.

And you are missing the point. You could ask how many of our elite male sports stars publicly identify as straight. The answer would be none of them. Sex and sexuality are private matters, and straight people do not feel the need to run adverts proclaiming their straightness. For that matter, most gay people do not either, it is just a small minority of look-at-moi types.
Lol that is the silliest thing I've read in a long time. How many tabloid news stories and social media posts do we see about players and their female partners? How many players rock up to the Dally Ms with a dude on their arm as opposed to a very attractive woman? Nobody says they need to run adverts proclaiming their sexuality. Public figures being seen in public with their partners is a pretty regular occurrence. The idea that it is perfectly normal for relationships to remain completely behind closed doors is a complete fallacy propagated by homophobes.

Last edited:

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Why don't they? It's normal to identify as gay in this day and age isn't it? Do they really need to proclaim it on a microphone?
I thought sexuality was a private matter. If they are gay and love taking it up the ass then good for them. If I'm sitting at a Bulldogs GF game and there is a gay supporter next to me wearing a dogs jersey and we score the winning try, I'd probably jump on the bloke and hug him because I'm so happy we have won a premiership, I couldn't give a shit that he's gay, we share a common interest that has united us as Bulldog supporters. And I've done many of those things in the past, I've ended up in different rows in the stadium hugging Asians and Indians(2012 prelim comes to mind). The dogs and sport have united us emotionally. No matter what race, religion, sexuality, breed or barriers one faces with other groups or cultures the dogs have always united us.

I work in a professional setting, been in this job for 15 years, this industry has a Gay culture, 60% are gay at my work, we work as a team, they have helped me achieve my goals and I have helped them. The state manager is gay, he asks me for a financial report I provide it to him pronto which helps him make important decisions regarding the business. I don't look at him as a gay person, I see a leader and manager that is doing a great job for the company and helping to keep the business thriving and keep us all employed. What he does with his husband in his private life is non of my business. Our company do not wave gay pride flags or hold special gay pride days the same way us hetros at the company do not hold any special Hetro events. The bottom line is the manly pride jersey thing was just a money maker marketing ploy. It probably made more damage than good. Wasn't the Manly colours of Maroon and white enough to unite the community?

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
My gay mates are not normal they like drinking beer and bbq .I thought they should be shoving the rainbow flag everywhere and demanding people accept them ,while making it compulsory to watch queen of the desert how dare they just live life with out an agenda fucking freaks..
Woah woah woah..... drinking beer AND BBQ?

Fkn freaks! Lol

Philistine

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Lol that is the silliest thing I've read in a long time.
What do you call a long time? There is extremely silly stuff posted on here on a daily basis.You must have the attention span of a goldfish if you don't remember any of it. Only about seventeen days ago some galah started a thread suggesting that Jayden Okunbor should be recalled to first grade because he is no longer the worst player in the Knock-on Effect Cup (sorry Looney-Looney, it is what it is). I can't recall which bloody fool started it but you must have seen it.

No doubt you will post again within five minutes because you are driven to have the last word. Knock yourself out. I'm finished.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
What do you call a long time? There is extremely silly stuff posted on here on a daily basis.You must have the attention span of a goldfish if you don't remember any of it. Only about seventeen days ago some galah started a thread suggesting that Jayden Okunbor should be recalled to first grade because he is no longer the worst player in the Knock-on Effect Cup (sorry Looney-Looney, it is what it is). I can't recall which bloody fool started it but you must have seen it.

No doubt you will post again within five minutes because you are driven to have the last word. Knock yourself out. I'm finished.
You want to know the difference? I’m joking, whereas you’re just being an asshole.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Why don't they? It's normal to identify as gay in this day and age isn't it? Do they really need to proclaim it on a microphone?
I thought sexuality was a private matter. If they are gay and love taking it up the ass then good for them. If I'm sitting at a Bulldogs GF game and there is a gay supporter next to me wearing a dogs jersey and we score the winning try, I'd probably jump on the bloke and hug him because I'm so happy we have won a premiership, I couldn't give a shit that he's gay, we share a common interest that has united us as Bulldog supporters. And I've done many of those things in the past, I've ended up in different rows in the stadium hugging Asians and Indians(2012 prelim comes to mind). The dogs and sport have united us emotionally. No matter what race, religion, sexuality, breed or barriers one faces with other groups or cultures the dogs have always united us.

I work in a professional setting, been in this job for 15 years, this industry has a Gay culture, 60% are gay at my work, we work as a team, they have helped me achieve my goals and I have helped them. The state manager is gay, he asks me for a financial report I provide it to him pronto which helps him make important decisions regarding the business. I don't look at him as a gay person, I see a leader and manager that is doing a great job for the company and helping to keep the business thriving and keep us all employed. What he does with his husband in his private life is non of my business. Our company do not wave gay pride flags or hold special gay pride days the same way us hetros at the company do not hold any special Hetro events. The bottom line is the manly pride jersey thing was just a money maker marketing ploy. It probably made more damage than good. Wasn't the Manly colours of Maroon and white enough to unite the community?
Is it really necessary to say they love taking it up the ass? Would you ever, in any context, say ‘if she is straight and loves taking it up the vagina then good for her’, when talking about a woman? You say a person’s sexuality should be private, yet you’re the one who is bringing graphic sexual language into the discussion when there is absolutely no need for it. Doing so comes across as a little rude and derisive, tbh. It signposts the fact that while you don’t hate gay people, you don’t truly accept them as equal, no matter how productive your professional relationship with your boss may be. Can you honestly not see that this type of language is demeaning?

Maybe this is why some gay people find it so hard to come out of the closet. They know that not only are they likely to cop blatant hate and homophobia from some people, they are also going to have to pretend not to notice when others wrinkle their noses at them while feigning acceptance. It is still hard for people to come out in the best of circumstances, let alone a hyper masculine environment like men’s sports.

Maybe if the day finally comes when same sex attracted or non binary people can walk down the street holding hands with their partners without having to fear either being subjected to blatant homophobia or the more subtle wrinkling of noses, there will be no more need for this out and proud stuff that seems to bother you so much. It’s not really about pride. It’s about defiance and refusing to accept being looked down upon.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Wont be long till the 'lgtbqiabcdefg' ask for their own awards nights and recognition of achievements.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Wont be long till the 'lgtbqiabcdefg' ask for their own awards nights and recognition of achievements.
They don't wish segregation on themselves, it's those who think they are lesser human beings or should "live quietly" who wish to segregate.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Is it really necessary to say they love taking it up the ass? Would you ever, in any context, say ‘if she is straight and loves taking it up the vagina then good for her’, when talking about a woman? You say a person’s sexuality should be private, yet you’re the one who is bringing graphic sexual language into the discussion when there is absolutely no need for it. Doing so comes across as a little rude and derisive, tbh. It signposts the fact that while you don’t hate gay people, you don’t truly accept them as equal, no matter how productive your professional relationship with your boss may be. Can you honestly not see that this type of language is demeaning?

Maybe this is why some gay people find it so hard to come out of the closet. They know that not only are they likely to cop blatant hate and homophobia from some people, they are also going to have to pretend not to notice when others wrinkle their noses at them while feigning acceptance. It is still hard for people to come out in the best of circumstances, let alone a hyper masculine environment like men’s sports.

Maybe if the day finally comes when same sex attracted or non binary people can walk down the street holding hands with their partners without having to fear either being subjected to blatant homophobia or the more subtle wrinkling of noses, there will be no more need for this out and proud stuff that seems to bother you so much. It’s not really about pride. It’s about defiance and refusing to accept being looked down upon.
Oh wow! So now you are pinpointing that? @Philistine was right, you do have the attention of a Goldfish. Why don't you defend the millions of posts on TK which a derogatory to all groups and yes there has been many graphical sexual language used on this forum. Rude? Again proves you have the attention span of a Goldfish. Demeaning Language? Lol, if you get offended by that kind of language I really don't think you should be spending your time on TK. If you want to set that standard on yourself, then go right ahead, but make sure you defend all derogatory comments moving forward. Don't play double standards, you can get shown up very easily. You say you are joking about the Jaydon Okunbor thread knowing all too well there is going to be demeaning and derogatory replies(the school girl stuff etc) made because it will rub people the wrong way. Same with your other posts regarding Smelliott & Kylie, you know what comments are going to be made and you enjoy it. But now your standards have changed because it suits your agenda. And Philistine was right again "No doubt you will post again within five minutes because you are driven to have the last word" Lol.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

You'll always get the few on here who are highly strung about the issue. Makes them feel relevant.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Oh wow! So now you are pinpointing that? @Philistine was right, you do have the attention of a Goldfish. Why don't you defend the millions of posts on TK which a derogatory to all groups and yes there has been many graphical sexual language used on this forum. Rude? Again proves you have the attention span of a Goldfish. Demeaning Language? Lol, if you get offended by that kind of language I really don't think you should be spending your time on TK. If you want to set that standard on yourself, then go right ahead, but make sure you defend all derogatory comments moving forward. Don't play double standards, you can get shown up very easily. You say you are joking about the Jaydon Okunbor thread knowing all too well there is going to be demeaning and derogatory replies(the school girl stuff etc) made because it will rub people the wrong way. Same with your other posts regarding Smelliott & Kylie, you know what comments are going to be made and you enjoy it. But now your standards have changed because it suits your agenda. And Philistine was right again "No doubt you will post again within five minutes because you are driven to have the last word" Lol.
So now I'm responsible for things other people say because I want to post a joke thread (with a hint of truth to it)? Nah, brah. I am NOT responsible for the over reactions of other people.

It's not about me being offended. You asked why gay people find it hard to come out, and are so tone deaf that you failed to notice you provided a perfect example of why in your own comment.

I'll ask again - would you ever use the sort of language you just used when talking about a hetero woman's sexuality? If you want all this pride stuff to quieten down, stop treating LGBTQI people differently. It's pretty simple.

Last edited: