Presser

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Honest and brutal, he’s pissed for sure going to be a few getting shortened up this week, I am tipping Casey, perham and TPJ are going to have a pretty ordinary week.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Would drop TPJ for Harrison Edwards... Over TPJ the fucking pea heart. Doesn't realise how explosive he can be, to interested in shit offloads.
Yeah he’s really starting to piss me off, fuckn out injured for the first half of the year and still can’t turn in a decent performance after all that time off meanwhile blokes like max king are playing completely busted but keep having a go, TPJ is just fucking piss weak

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
When you're right, you're right.

I agree with you 100%.

Put the offload away and just run over *****...
Yep no more ball playing bullshit and just do the fucking hard yards, but I just don’t think he has it in him TBH

Matty

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That presser was aimed squarely at our pack. That was soft. I’ll give a pass on king because he is playing busted, and also Preston because he is doing a great job as an edge back row. Excluding that, the only one statistically putting in the yards is Waddell, and I think we can all agree he wouldn’t be a starting back rower at many other clubs. RFM at lock simply isn’t doing enough and neither is TPJ in the front row: TPJ is playing more like a lock and not doing the dirty work and RFM is pretty much doing nothing. We got no impact from the bench except for Pele who I actually thought had a dig tonight. When Thompson and Kikau are back I doubt RFM makes the team, let alone starting at lock.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
I thought this was one of the best press conferences I've heard in a long time. Finally, our coach calls it out for what it is.
Honest and raw!!

Ciraldo's comments:

Wasnt great.
Scoreboard flattered us.
Out competed us in every area.
Too many people not doing their job.
The way we started the game was terrible.
We don't want to be a team that only wins one week and plays like that the next.
We want to build a winning culture, that's 17 guys doing their job every week.
Too many soft options, too many guys looking for shortcuts.
If you put on a Bulldogs jersey you shouldn't get out competed.

I'd say they boys are in for a good ribbing by CC this week. I love how he has come out publicly and has held the players accountable. He looked like a really pissed off coach and won't accept mediocracy in this club.

Let's hope we see more consistency from the team week in week out instead of not knowing what we are going to get next because I certainly have no idea which team is going to turn up each week.
Well, I know which team turned up against the Raiders. I've seen that team before, although with less scoring ability.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Whilst I understand your POV on the injuries, I think that wasn’t the reason we lost today.

Sure maybe we win easily with players that are out injured, but this team lost the game today with lack of smarts and competing on every play like a Bulldog should.

That first try in particular was completely unacceptable!!

Having a known ball stealer ( Hudson) steal the ball whilst attacking try line on the second play, completely unacceptable!!

Just to make a few circumstances of the top of my head.
It happens far too often. We can't build pressure bc some dill loses the ball, gets it stolen, ptb too slow. Not enough footy smarts.

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If you look closely, you can see Ciro's eyes turn orange. He is now a sith lord.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The rorted ref - sure. The one that disallowed 2 raiders tries under the posts.

But thats cool. Your footy acumen is excellent cough cough resign cough cough Casey :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:
Borderline 3... I could swear i saw the ball hit the line ont the Woolford effort.

We were out muscled last night plan and simple.

craigo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
These things are a waste of time. They can’t say what they wanna say cause they get in trouble and he will just keep picking the same team over and over.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Haven't watched it yet but my guess is - tried hard. Shot ourselves in the foot. Happy to have Pele back.
Somebody getting the whip this week at trraining... CC aint HAPPY! YOU can see he aint happy. Boys will be shitting it. I LIKE IT!

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
These things are a waste of time. They can’t say what they wanna say cause they get in trouble and he will just keep picking the same team over and over.
Well if he does he loses credibility with the fans, and the players to some extent, if he bags them like that and then his solution is just pick them again hoping for something different.

Some of them don't have the f/g ability and never will. He is a development coach sure but he could see last night where we were deficient.

So can the effort players who do put in f/g performances.

shaun5150

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I know we have injuries, but ffs get rid of Okunbor and RFM. Okunbor is absolute rubbish, can't catch and sure as shit can't tackle. Just a jersey gripper.
As for RFM, I know he loves the club, that's great because no other club would have him. He offers nothing, not a thing on the field.
Sweet suffering fuck. Preston plays all over these fools

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
Somebody getting the whip this week at trraining... CC aint HAPPY! YOU can see he aint happy. Boys will be shitting it. I LIKE IT!
You like guys getting whipped. Fair play - as long as its consensual..... Just don't let the religious thread guys hear this :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:

Mackdoggies

Kennel Established
Reaction score
And replace them with who?

There is literally no one to replace TPJ with. Big Josh folded Davey and he's next cab. The Raiders pack is a hard ask even when you have a few props (lets be honest - Kingy played with broken ribs and played like a 2nd rower tonight).

What TPJ needs is someone else to take that first tough run, he then comes in of a quick play the ball but atm - everyone is just lining him up.

And tbf - noticed he took that tough run almost every set when he was on the field. The run that kingy normally takes so TPJ stepped up to take it.

He's 3 or 4 games in after a long lay off and hasn't had a brain explosion yet. Is he playing like $800k - no. But I'm giving him the benefit until later in the season.
Josh folded Sam Hughes, our biggest prop coming through…

Agree with your defense of TPJ. People don’t look at performances and just jump on bandwagons. How can anyone complain about TPJ yet our captain RFM puts in another career worst performance?

List of who failed miserably last night:

Casey shouldn’t play first grade again.

Alamoti needs massive work on his D and shouldn’t be playing next to rookie wingers until he improves.

RFM for the second week in a row had bad errors and looked like a bench forward at best.

Averillo was good in attack but reverted back to some poor reads in D.

Burton needs to fix his consistency. Some weeks looks like he can’t be fucked playing. We lack a leader to pull the boys into line when they see them being lazy like that. Thompson and JAC are actually very good at that!

King was clearly still injured and shouldn’t have played. We missed him and Sutton being solid in the middle.

Reynolds was back to his usual self. Couple good plays, weak in defense, stupid penalties….

TPJ and Pele were actually two of our best…can see them building a good platform in the future.

At the end of the day we have two top 30 spots to fill and 7 weeks to add someone in to fix the problems. We need to find a gun prop…

Wearnze

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Honestly RFM should be playing reserves on current form. Morrin has showed more promise so far this year!

Injuries aside, going off the press conference, I don’t see why he can’t drop RFM, put Reynolds to bench (too many penalties) and drop Casey (hopefully Afro Carr is back as Alamot and Preston will be better with his experience outwide.