Presser

Noosa Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
And yet almost the entire team is carrying an injury of some sort, so the last thing they need is more belting.
Whilst I understand your POV on the injuries, I think that wasn’t the reason we lost today.

Sure maybe we win easily with players that are out injured, but this team lost the game today with lack of smarts and competing on every play like a Bulldog should.

That first try in particular was completely unacceptable!!

Having a known ball stealer ( Hudson) steal the ball whilst attacking try line on the second play, completely unacceptable!!

Just to make a few circumstances of the top of my head.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
And replace them with who?

There is literally no one to replace TPJ with. Big Josh folded Davey and he's next cab. The Raiders pack is a hard ask even when you have a few props (lets be honest - Kingy played with broken ribs and played like a 2nd rower tonight).

What TPJ needs is someone else to take that first tough run, he then comes in of a quick play the ball but atm - everyone is just lining him up.

And tbf - noticed he took that tough run almost every set when he was on the field. The run that kingy normally takes so TPJ stepped up to take it.

He's 3 or 4 games in after a long lay off and hasn't had a brain explosion yet. Is he playing like $800k - no. But I'm giving him the benefit until later in the season.
He MIGHT grow a pair and man up one day but he remains a myth. He can't even intimidate anymore, just gets dominated.

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
He MIGHT grow a pair and man up one day but he remains a myth. He can't even intimidate anymore, just gets dominated.
And two years ago when he was intimidating, he was also off the field shortly after.

I agree he needs to up it but think he's caught up a little between looking for an offload and trying to bust ass. He should just bust ass. If he gets an offload not like we have the cattle to make something of it.

For a guy that offloads so much, how many runners do you see of him? None. They all sit back and wait for the dump.

There's the biggest problem.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Is your tourettes playing up and you keep hitting the caps button? Or maybe while your typing is there some sort of kickback to the typing finger from the vigorous back forward motion with the other hand?

Actually - don't need to know 8-)
Believe me, if I’m ever slappin’ it as I type, you’ll know about it.

gibbo2

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tbh we really lacked go forward . Not one forward topped 100 metres tonight. Granted the Raiders are a decent pack , but lacking to forward makes it ver hard to win games. Our defence really needs work - when you score 30 points you shouldn't be loosing games

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very honest in his appraisal ie too many didn't do their job, too many soft options taken and that the scoreboard flattered the dogs.

I don't know what they do with the lack of grunt with the forwards. Year after year dominated with n without the ball. Different coach same domination.
Heres the answer mate, take Luke Thompsons reported $800k and TPJ’s reported $950k

And take that $1,750.000 million and go spend it on 5 of these [emoji116]

Image1683290933.760674.jpg

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
And two years ago when he was intimidating, he was also off the field shortly after.

I agree he needs to up it but think he's caught up a little between looking for an offload and trying to bust ass. He should just bust ass. If he gets an offload not like we have the cattle to make something of it.

For a guy that offloads so much, how many runners do you see of him? None. They all sit back and wait for the dump.

There's the biggest problem.
When you're right, you're right.

I agree with you 100%.

Put the offload away and just run over *****...

gibbo2

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That’s the angriest Ciro has been at the post game presser

Expect changes
We don't really have anyone to come in. Maybe Skelton or Wilson for Casey , other than that we are still depleted.

ElMagicElMasri

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
And replace them with who?

There is literally no one to replace TPJ with. Big Josh folded Davey and he's next cab. The Raiders pack is a hard ask even when you have a few props (lets be honest - Kingy played with broken ribs and played like a 2nd rower tonight).

What TPJ needs is someone else to take that first tough run, he then comes in of a quick play the ball but atm - everyone is just lining him up.

And tbf - noticed he took that tough run almost every set when he was on the field. The run that kingy normally takes so TPJ stepped up to take it.

He's 3 or 4 games in after a long lay off and hasn't had a brain explosion yet. Is he playing like $800k - no. But I'm giving him the benefit until later in the season.
Hasn’t had a brain explosion? WTF?

Are you forgetting the offload to the try last week? The awful challenge last week? His awful challenge THIS week? His dumb as fuck strip this week at a crucial part the game?

Didn’t even crack 100m. People just have to accept that it ain’t happening with this guy. I used to be like you dw.

Noosa Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
We don't really have anyone to come in. Maybe Skelton or Wilson for Casey , other than that we are still depleted.
Whilst there is never any guarantee that someone will make the step up, Wilson and Skelton have been two of the best backs in the entire NSW Cup.

dog 4life

Kennel Established
Reaction score
He said it how it is no nonsense. He has the character of a winner and I'd expect the players will need to be on the same page if they want to play first grade.

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
Hasn’t had a brain explosion? WTF?

Are you forgetting the offload to the try last week? The awful challenge last week? His awful challenge THIS week? His dumb as fuck strip this week at a crucial part the game?

Didn’t even crack 100m. People just have to accept that it ain’t happening with this guy. I used to be like you dw.
Brain explosion where he's off the field for 10 or the game. In context.

Offload for the try - see my point above - he's trying too hard. And Reynolds doesn't exactly do him any favours. Cannot remember last weeks challenge but this week - u know for sure that Hayze didn't call it or Reed (who was right there) didn't call it straight up? No one is stupid enough to strip like that and if he did - he should wear it but how do you know he didn't call out the other tackler and they fckd up the timing? Thats what strips are all about these days.

And as for your 100m - three raiders topped 100. Big Josh (who took the same first hit up as Tevita when he was on) had an extra run for an extra 7m.

If you think you're getting Haas when u have TPJ - you're kidding. Throw an extra $500k in there and then u get Haas.

jcdogs84

Waterboy
Reaction score
Good to see Ciro fire up in the presser, hopefully the boys aim up next week. That was a very soft performance from the outset. The very first set of the game was like the start to the second half in the Sharks game a couple weeks back. No excuses for the boys to not start halves with energy.

Fingers crossed Fox is back next week, his energy and communication should strengthen up the defence a little...but gee lots to work on.

dekepefc

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Whilst there is never any guarantee that someone will make the step up, Wilson and Skelton have been two of the best backs in the entire NSW Cup.
I'd love to see wilson get some cup games in the 1 jersey.. that's his position and I reckon he'd do really well. Seems closer to first grade than papalaii

ElMagicElMasri

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Brain explosion where he's off the field for 10 or the game. In context.

Offload for the try - see my point above - he's trying too hard. And Reynolds doesn't exactly do him any favours. Cannot remember last weeks challenge but this week - u know for sure that Hayze didn't call it or Reed (who was right there) didn't call it straight up? No one is stupid enough to strip like that and if he did - he should wear it but how do you know he didn't call out the other tackler and they fckd up the timing? Thats what strips are all about these days.

And as for your 100m - three raiders topped 100. Big Josh (who took the same first hit up as Tevita when he was on) had an extra run for an extra 7m.

If you think you're getting Haas when u have TPJ - you're kidding. Throw an extra $500k in there and then u get Haas.
There are people on quarter his pay that can do what he’s doing now

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
There are people on quarter his pay that can do what he’s doing now
Name one on $200k.

If you think TPJ is the issue when you have as a starting pack Kingy (crippled), RFM (edge runner), Waddell (edge runner), Preston (edge runner) against Big Josh, Tapini, Young, Whitehead and Big red (of which at a pinch four of them could play prop) - I don't know what to say?