Presser

Noosa Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
From a long term POV, this was my favorite presser so far by CC. I wanted to see him pissed off.

Casey needs to be dropped and a few others are skating on thin ice ( particularly when we get a few more troops back ) Alamoti was always going to be a concern without Fox and Kikau and needs to sort out his reads in defense ASAP.

Last edited:

Noosa Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Chris there's better than Casey and Oki. Mistake riddled and can't be relied on.

That doesnt totally fix the problem with all their collective poor decisions and play but we cant begin to build sustained pressure bc some dill gives away a penalty when we have possession for instance.

The whole team need to be sat down and told next bozo that gives away a lazy, bonehead penalty is docked $5000 towards the Perpetual September End of Season Breakup Party.
At the end of the day, Casey has had his chance and we need to try another option. We have a couple in NSW cup that deserve a chance, and sometimes (for whatever reason ) some people handle the step up better than others.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Would drop TPJ for Harrison Edwards... Over TPJ the fucking pea heart. Doesn't realise how explosive he can be, to interested in shit offloads.
Cuck Jnr reminds me of that one fat kid every JRL team has. Can demolish the opposition with every run but does nothing.

LoneWolf

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Would drop TPJ for Harrison Edwards... Over TPJ the fucking pea heart. Doesn't realise how explosive he can be, to interested in shit offloads.
Get off the drugs … and if your not on any , get on them ffs

How could watch that 80 minutes and say that only TPJ needs to be dropped

These players let in the following
Alomoti , 2 tries
Casey 1 try
Perham 1 try

Take away just one of those stupid mistakes and we win , take away all their stupid mistakes and we win in a canter

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Called it like it was basically.
I don't think ciraldo is the kind of coach to drop players after a few bad games as I think he's a big believer in bonding, unity and forming a connection.... but even so hopefully this means no more Casey

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score

Alomoti , 2 tries
Casey 1 try
Perham 1 try

Take away just one of those stupid mistakes and we win , take away all their stupid mistakes and we win in a canter
I agree with both of you. All four players you gentlemen have mentioned need to go back to reserves.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I think CC realized that game was very winnable for us and was a step backwards at a point in the season we really need to string together a few wins if we are any chance to make the 8.

Extremely disappointing TBH
Losing may be a blessing in disguise. A chance to drop passengers.

kamaryn

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
That presser sounded like we lost by 50, Ciraldo was dirty, definitely disappointed and just a bit angry. Can’t say as I seen him that pissed off, caught me by surprise. Training next week is gunna be painful, I expect a real flogging, both mentally and physically and the video session will be just the start.

Always a Bulldog
And yet almost the entire team is carrying an injury of some sort, so the last thing they need is more belting.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score

Alomoti , 2 tries
Casey 1 try
Perham 1 try

All the other players didnt come out and talk a big game in pre season saying that Gould / Ciraldo can sack him if he doesnt have a go. So yeah he's not playing well at all commanding big money etc

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
At the end of the day, Casey has had his chance and we need to try another option. We have a couple in NSW cup that deserve a chance, and sometimes (for whatever reason ) some people handle the step up better than others.
That's where we are atm. Casey has cashed in his get out of jail free cards and there's absolutely nothing to lose by giving Skelton/Wilson a chance.

Noosa Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Called it like it was basically.
I don't think ciraldo is the kind of coach to drop players after a few bad games as I think he's a big believer in bonding, unity and forming a connection.... but even so hopefully this means no more Casey
It’s a fine balance for sure, working out the right time to drop someone back to work on their game in reserves. At least we have a reserve grade side that is top of the table ( not saying that means the players in NSW Cup are a sure bet to do well )

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Where was the cover to protect Casey?
Where was the cover when Xavier Savage took bombs? There was none, he still caught them.
Where was the cover when the last kick went up and Rapana took it? There was none and he took the biggest pressure bomb of the game.

The sooner we stop making excuses for individuals the sooner we won't accept mediocracy.
It's simple, some of our players are not quite there in talent and under the pressure of the NRL are not to the standard required.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
The rorted ref - sure. The one that disallowed 2 raiders tries under the posts.

But thats cool. Your footy acumen is excellent cough cough resign cough cough Casey :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:
We ScOrEd 3o PoInTs! It WaS cLoSe!!!

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
Losing may be a blessing in disguise. A chance to drop passengers.
And replace them with who?

There is literally no one to replace TPJ with. Big Josh folded Davey and he's next cab. The Raiders pack is a hard ask even when you have a few props (lets be honest - Kingy played with broken ribs and played like a 2nd rower tonight).

What TPJ needs is someone else to take that first tough run, he then comes in of a quick play the ball but atm - everyone is just lining him up.

And tbf - noticed he took that tough run almost every set when he was on the field. The run that kingy normally takes so TPJ stepped up to take it.

He's 3 or 4 games in after a long lay off and hasn't had a brain explosion yet. Is he playing like $800k - no. But I'm giving him the benefit until later in the season.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
That was a very Folkes like press conference and I mean that as a compliment. I loved every second of it. Way to rip in and hold everyone accountable to a certain standard.

The previous coaches would have talked up how well we did to fight back and say we almost won etc..

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
Where was the cover when Xavier Savage took bombs? There was none, he still caught them.
Where was the cover when the last kick went up and Rapana took it? There was none and he took the biggest pressure bomb of the game.
You're asking who covered Savage when Croker, the best expert of running guys off the ball is standing next to him?
And no one on the planet was even trying to catch the ball when Rapana took it.

Mate - agree Casey is rubbish but using the Raiders as an example when they didn't even try to catch half of them is a bit rich.

RichoDog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Good chat from Ciro but we need to see some selection action so there is some real accountability for rubbish performances - I predict the same team next week