Prediction: Bulldogs to Make the 8 in 2021

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Anything above the wooden spoon with this current roster is a win win :grinning: I'll feel more optimistic when we know the full roster for 21 and onward.

Turvey Chip and Chase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just get us

either * B Smith or D Clarke (C Smith WILL retire and Grant WILL stay)
* Flanagan
* JAC
* Burton for 2022
* and maybe a surprise or 2 we haven’t been expecting

we WILL be back.

the big question, can Barrett extract any of the magic he got out of J Trobjevic or Yeo with Elliot???

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I always expect us to make the 8. Lately though my expecting change after the first few games.

I'm less bipolar now that it's the off-season, so ill give a balanced view lol.

I cant really see us making the 8, but I'll be happy if we are in the hunt. I just think there are teams with way better rosters than us. There are, imo, 2 spots open for the 8.
Melbourne
Panthers
Raiders
Parra
Rabbits
Roosters
These teams will be there, that leaves 2 spots. On paper the Knights and the Titans have better squads. Oh and the Cowboys.

Its just going to be tough for us to make the 8 with our squad.

That said I'm really excited about next year and some new signings.

Last thing someone remind me of this if we start losing and I completely go off the boil and start screaming for sackings lol.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
You heard it here first, Trent Barrett will surprise everyone... hes a big reason for penriths rise this season, Penrith last season finished 12th and he comes in this season and they are minor premiers and grand finalists. He spent last year in All blacks camp, learning from one of the best organisations, I’m sure that would’ve helped him a lot.
I like your enthusiasm. I'll wait and see how our first half dozen games play out next year before thinking about where we'll finish the season.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
I always expect us to make the 8. Lately though my expecting change after the first few games.

I'm less bipolar now that it's the off-season, so ill give a balanced view lol.

I cant really see us making the 8, but I'll be happy if we are in the hunt. I just think there are teams with way better rosters than us. There are, imo, 2 spots open for the 8.
Melbourne
Panthers
Raiders
Parra
Rabbits
Roosters
These teams will be there, that leaves 2 spots. On paper the Knights and the Titans have better squads. Oh and the Cowboys.

Its just going to be tough for us to make the 8 with our squad.

That said I'm really excited about next year and some new signings.

Last thing someone remind me of this if we start losing and I completely go off the boil and start screaming for sackings lol.
As long as we win more games, so I have more than two replays to watch in the off season.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If shit teams like Cronulla and Newcastle can make the 8 this year, then with some more signings to come and a big offseason there should be no reason why we can't go close to making it.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Have exactly the same view.. we’ll be in and around the 8... just waiting for TAB to open a market.. will be an interesting year..
I’ll get on early before the signings. Hopefully the TAB make a top 8 market soon after the grand final. We are paying $67 to win the comp haha

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I’ll get on early before the signings. Hopefully the TAB make a top 8 market soon after the grand final. We are paying $67 to win the comp haha
I saw that... I feel TAB knows with a few roster spots open there will be some movement and haven’t opened the market yet... the odds would be great right now..

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Depends on the roster. If the team stays fit just outside. If team stays fit and a couple of signings I reckon we just sneek in.

BondiBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think Dragons with Hook and Broncos will also finish above us.. my opinion, we’ll have to wait and see.
In my view
Worst spine in the comp equals the worst team in the comp.
Our current 1,6,7,9 and 13 mind you aren’t very good. Hope I’m wrong.
Top notch hooker is essential.

youoboys

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Bulldogs fan here: with Meaney , potential addo Carr and now jimmy the jet to be available, imagine have those 3 speedster in one team. Threat all over the park then you have the silky smooth hoppa and cotric who I’d say is up there for speed too. Oh my! I’m so horny right now

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
You heard it here first, Trent Barrett will surprise everyone... hes a big reason for penriths rise this season, Penrith last season finished 12th and he comes in this season and they are minor premiers and grand finalists. He spent last year in All blacks camp, learning from one of the best organisations, I’m sure that would’ve helped him a lot.
OK who are you and what have you done with Alzz?? :-).
Love it mate.
Still some roster spots we need to finalise as you know but those pieces of the puzzle will be filled in soon enough.
We will go better with an improved (not perfect, but improved) roster, better coaching and support staff and some fresh air around the club.
I'd love to see us make the 8. I'm personally looking much more forward to 2021 than I was 2020.

BondiBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bulldogs fan here: with Meaney , potential addo Carr and now jimmy the jet to be available, imagine have those 3 speedster in one team. Threat all over the park then you have the silky smooth hoppa and cotric who I’d say is up there for speed too. Oh my! I’m so horny right now
By the time the ball goes from JMK to Lewis and then either Lewis passing to a second rower or god forbid throws a cut out ball to the centre there ain’t too much to be excited about..

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Just get us

either * B Smith or D Clarke (C Smith WILL retire and Grant WILL stay)
* Flanagan
* JAC
* Burton for 2022
* and maybe a surprise or 2 we haven’t been expecting

we WILL be back.

the big question, can Barrett extract any of the magic he got out of J Trobjevic or Yeo with Elliot???
I was thinking the same. I think elliot will reach a new level. Might even get a bluescall up. Thats my prediction

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
OK who are you and what have you done with Alzz?? :-).
Love it mate.
Still some roster spots we need to finalise as you know but those pieces of the puzzle will be filled in soon enough.
We will go better with an improved (not perfect, but improved) roster, better coaching and support staff and some fresh air around the club.
I'd love to see us make the 8. I'm personally looking much more forward to 2021 than I was 2020.
Soak it up while it lasts mate. I have a feeling that if we’re down by 2 points at half time in Round 1 there’ll be a handful of threads emerge calling for coach, CEO and half the roster to be sacked with immediate effect.

Love ya Alzz x

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Bloody oath we will make the 8 in 2021, be a much improved year all around,.!! Exciting times ahead and yes it’s Been said many times in the past, but this will be a real thing.

DeanBennett

Waterboy
Reaction score
I reckon we will be the minor-premiers next year and win the whole comp.