Prediction: Bulldogs to Make the 8 in 2021

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You heard it here first, Trent Barrett will surprise everyone... hes a big reason for penriths rise this season, Penrith last season finished 12th and he comes in this season and they are minor premiers and grand finalists. He spent last year in All blacks camp, learning from one of the best organisations, I’m sure that would’ve helped him a lot.

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I haven't been this optimistic about a new coach since 2011 when Des was announced. Tbaz might not be a premiership winning coach like the former but you would have to think he's had a big role in what's happening at the Panthers.
I'm looking forward to a revamped style next year.

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score
One off season isn’t going to change much with the current roster unfortunately

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
We still need some big signings, especially at hooker. If we get them than I think we can finish in or around the eight. As it stands we'll be predicted/expected to finish wooden spooners. With our current roster I think we'll finish 15th. Anything is possible of course. I personally think Barrett doesn't get that much credit for the Panthers, definitely some tho. I think Koroisau is the biggest reason for the Panthers success personally, also Maloney getting pushed out, Cleary can now run the team.

Mak Dogs

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I think we will struggle unless we get a top 7 and 9. With green and okunbor gone for half the year and Thompson missing the first 4 games I can’t see us being anywhere near the 8 unfortunately

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It's possible...
If the rumours are true and we end up with this squad

1 Allen............................Meaney
2 JAC...............................Crichton
3 Cotric..........................Schoupp
4 Hopoate.....................Averllo
5 DWZ.............................Smith / Okunbor
6 Burton.........................Lewis
7 Flanagan....................Wakeham
8 Thompson.................Napa
9 Grant...........................JMK / Katoa
10 Hetherington..........Ogden
11 Elliott.........................Stimson / Britt
12 RFM............................Waddell / Doorey
13 Jackson.....................To'omaga / Smith
Heck, we could even win it :grinning:

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'll keep my hopes high and expectations low. But like blueeyedsamurai said above, we were within 6 points of winning enough games to be in the finals this year. Add a couple of good players, hopefully get our fitness levels up a bit and add some attacking structure etc and we could see a big improvement on our win rate.

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
You heard it here first, Trent Barrett will surprise everyone... hes a big reason for penriths rise this season, Penrith last season finished 12th and he comes in this season and they are minor premiers and grand finalists. He spent last year in All blacks camp, learning from one of the best organisations, I’m sure that would’ve helped him a lot.
So we haven't actually secured any spine players...1,6,7 or 9 but we will finish next year 8 or 9 places higher than this year? I just can't think of 8 more teams our roster will be better than based upon who we KNOW we've got coming next year ATM. Of course that might change after Nov 1. Time will tell. ATM based upon who we have secured Id estimate next year we finish say 12th or 13th.