OFFICIAL | GAME DAY Post Game Thread | Bulldogs 16 - 20 Souths

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Honestly it was a pretty even reffed game.. the only thing that shits me was how many times we got a 6 again or penalty and Sutton didn't once warn Souths for repeat infringements.

They were allowed to slow us down all game...

That and Mitchell should have been reported which would have released Wilson to come on.

End of he day we blew that game off our own backs.. plenty of opportunities to ice it.

Attack within the 20m red zone will be at the fore front of training next week.
Didn't we need two or three players out to send Wilson out?

Sent from my SM-A235F using Tapatalk

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Brandy on the money post game.
Burton should have taken time to kick the goal and then try kick a 2 point field goal.
You mean at the death? Yeah, agree. With Burto’s ‘big boot’ it was worth a shot. Funny how just before half time a few Dogs supporters at the game were yelling to ‘Take the 2!’ when we got the penalty. I didn’t get that - would’ve made it 14-10 at best. When Soufs took the two to go up 18-12 that made sense - Dogs had to score twice to win and of course we didn’t.

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is exactly what happened.

Mitchell took at least 2 steps AFTER JAC was taken into touch.

Made no effort at all to pull out
Dont think so.
Watch it again. He hits Fox in the air, not the ground. It was all simultaneous.

Like i said, when your desperately trying to reach for the tryline, you are vulnerable. But in a contact sport you cant expect the FB to not put his body on the line.

Its an unfortunate hard contact but it is what it is. Id hate for oir FB to ever be penalised or sin binned for the same incident.

haz123

dogs for eva
Reaction score
Dont think so.
Watch it again. He hits Fox in the air, not the ground. It was all simultaneous.

Like i said, when your desperately trying to reach for the tryline, you are vulnerable. But in a contact sport you cant expect the FB to not put his body on the line.

Its an unfortunate hard contact but it is what it is. Id hate for oir FB to ever be penalised or sin binned for the same incident.
Your last line is the problem, if it was us fairly sure at least a penalty...

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Bro, all of us in the crowd were fkn fuming. I swear nearly every person in my section was screaming out "don't kick".
Whatabout the short kick off....then to compound it Tracey touches it. Clock ticking down to try and get possession. Don't our guys know the rules.

We just aren't ready yet for success I guess...more work.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Dont think so.

Seen it a few times

He had ample opportunity to at least change direction and minimise contact after JAC crossed to sideline but chose to be a grub and go for full contact

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Seen it a few times

He had ample opportunity to at least change direction and minimise contact after JAC crossed to sideline but chose to be a grub and go for full contact
With mates like that bro.....

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Didn't we need two or three players out to send Wilson out?

Sent from my SM-A235F using Tapatalk
I'm not sure actually.. If it's foul play I think it's automatic.. but don't quote me on that at all.

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We lost the game by dropping too much ball the stats favoured us
Also taffe is way way too small

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Whatabout the short kick off....then to compound it Tracey touches it. Clock ticking down to try and get possession. Don't our guys know the rules.

We just aren't ready yet for success I guess...more work.
It was a desperate attempt can't blame the guy.

Honestly we were the better team but to be honest I like CC but I think this one is on him a d his staff for not being more expansive with the ball close to the line.

haz123

dogs for eva
Reaction score
I'm not sure actually.. If it's foul play I think it's automatic.. but don't quote me on that at all.
If foul play its automatic otherwise after ( 3 )18th man kicks in....

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We lost the game by dropping too much ball the stats favoured us
Also taffe is way way too small
He was one of our best today.. I reckon if he touches the ball more in the red zone we dismantle their line more.

haz123

dogs for eva
Reaction score
Rule changed.
Its now 2 HIA's but they might have to be from On Report incidents i think.....
Nah certain if foul play it's automatic, if not then after any 3 18th man kicks in.