OFFICIAL | GAME DAY Post Game Thread | Bulldogs 16 - 20 Souths

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
You mean at the death? Yeah, agree. With Burto’s ‘big boot’ it was worth a shot. Funny how just before half time a few Dogs supporters at the game were yelling to ‘Take the 2!’ when we got the penalty. I didn’t get that - would’ve made it 14-10 at best. When Soufs took the two to go up 18-12 that made sense - Dogs had to score twice to win and of course we didn’t.
Just a winners mentality, Panthers and Cleary would attempted it

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
thought Taafe was good today. Burto is not filling me with confidence. I’ve been in he’s corner from the start but today annoyed me. Curran was a beast, best for me
Had a good first half.. couldn't bear leaving the structures in the second half when he just needed to run the effin ball after our right side attack collapse.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
It was a desperate attempt can't blame the guy.

Honestly we were the better team but to be honest I like CC but I think this one is on him a d his staff for not being more expansive with the ball close to the line.
Time to give the real tryers and effort players in the team the assistance in the spine they deserve and put in the best players in their best positions and who have the most improvement in them for the future. Settle on that, with what we have, and let them get to the next level. Ciro is too stodgy with his selections and rotations. He needs to go up a knotch along with his players and gameplan.

They look like they are ready to advance to handle attacking structures now that their defence is reasonably ok.

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Seen it a few times

He had ample opportunity to at least change direction and minimise contact after JAC crossed to sideline but chose to be a grub and go for full contact
I agree that he could have changed his point of contact, but this is a team that has lost 3 games, is under the pump and if he plays soft in that play, he feel the wrath of his coach and teammates.

A player defending his line like that shouldn't have to be thinking how he should play soft to avoid hard contact with a guy trying to score against him.

It goes against the fabric of the game.

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
I agree that he could have changed his point of contact, but this is a team that has lost 3 games, is under the pump and if he plays soft in that play, he feel the wrath of his coach and teammates.

A player defending his line like that shouldn't have to be thinking how he should play soft to avoid hard contact with a guy trying to score against him.

Just stop.
1711706048409.png
JAC has both legs out in front of Mitchell. Who is still on his feet. How about this angle then?
1711706133280.png
Thats after the above because now we have all of JAC in touch. And you want to argue its a football play?

You trolling bro.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Happens so often by so many FBs.

Mitchell is just wired to be a bitch as wants to hurt not defend.

This is not defending your line, this is wanting to cause damage.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Hughes and Morrin were sloppy.

I don't know what happened to Billy Idol either.

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He was one of our best today.. I reckon if he touches the ball more in the red zone we dismantle their line more.
He did play ok today but isn’t a tackle buster and dosnt make many metres