OFFICIAL | GAME DAY Post Game Thread | Bulldogs 16 - 20 Souths

James zac

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
As gutted as I am at the loss, there really was a lot to like from that performance.

Remember we lost our winger for the second half when we had the lead, we lost Preston and Morrin (self inflicted) for 10, yet were only beaten by 2 penalty goals.

Losing JAC was the killer. When the backline was rearranged we struggled in attack.
Morro doesn’t knock on under the posts we win

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We can’t wait and hope for Woods to be our saviour in attack and game management. Somethings gotta give, isn’t he like two years away assuming he’ll succeed at this level

dekepefc

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ch 9 commentators said that needed 3 ruled out to activate Wilson, I thought it was only 2?
It is two. They are morons... and as good as Preston is I thought we would have been better off ruling him out and trying to win today's game

Micko

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The answer is Hutch at 5/8th and Sexton at halfback with Taaffe at FB and Burton at centre.

This needs 6 weeks so we can win 4 games and everyone agrees its the way forward.
Again. Burton is a much better half than either Sexton or Hutchinson. We are lacking a good halfback and fullback and two good props. Until then we are bottom four.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Reckon we've seen pretty much Taafe's ceiling at F/B. Too light and not elusive or robust enough for present day footy and especially our generally light forwards team.

He has more potential as our 7, what with the huge snail we presently have at 7 and CC's apparent lack of faith in Sexton.

Ciro must adapt this roster to help out the tremendous tryers we have who are busting their gut.
Taffe at 7, would have been my first choice, I can't see C C ever doing it though.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Again. Burton is a much better half than either Sexton or Hutchinson. We are lacking a good halfback and fullback and two good props. Until then we are bottom four.
Burton is a reactive ball runner thats it. Has no idea how to ball play at a first grade standard

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Great heads up play from Mahoney there hey. We were fucking flying at that stage. All we had to do was tire burgess out, there bench was shit
Yep 100% I'm fucking sick and tired of that Burgess **** scoring first tries against us too. Fucking weak!

WillieMasonFan

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Can people please stop saying that Burton should be moved to centre, fullback, NSW Cup or traded to another club ... he will be at 5/8 every game this year that he is available for selection and to suggest otherwise is just wasting your breath. The Taffe to 7 suggestion may well get some traction after his nice little kick today, but the odds are still against this given that, as far as I know, he never trained at 7 for 1 minute in the off season.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Can people please stop saying that Burton should be moved to centre, fullback, NSW Cup or traded to another club ... he will be at 5/8 every game this year that he is available for selection and to suggest otherwise is just wasting your breath. The Taffe to 7 suggestion may well get some traction after his nice little kick today, but the odds are still against this given that, as far as I know, he never trained at 7 for 1 minute in the off season.
Ok. I'll just say this instead.
I can't wait until O'Neill and Woods are ready so I never have to see Burton in our halves ever again.