Opinion Positives?

ricko_29

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's kinda like we actually had decent outside backs last game, in attack anyway, our halves engaged the line consistently which made space for our outside backs!. Chochich got some decent ball and lead to a line break!

We actually put on some amount of pressure with our kicks too, Flanagan can't be allowed to kick unless he learns to kick it much much higher, we almost caught some attacking bombs yesterday and more often put the back 3 under some amount of pressure with said kicks.

We still got caught with it on the last, but I only recall it happening once, not 80% of the time like with Flanagan on the last. He has to stay away and learn the game in reserves until he learns how to play.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
I'm positive that this will be a long season...…..

David holland

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I want to say yea meaney had a decent game but he did fall of some important tackles he should have made.
we need better then meaney
Big calls on tu kotoa, meaney and the like,Ogden looks based all the time

Brizdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Positives surely we are closer to never seeing Adam the biggest co*khead Elliot to ever pull on a dogs jersey on, for much longer.

James zac

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Attack looked better that’s a plus Thompson atoni positives dwz cotric had a crack dietz should be our starting hooker the negatives where do I start you guys know the negatives biggest is fucking Elliot

Ewan McGrady

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Positives....
1. I thought the second half of yesterday’s game was, for 30mins at least, our best effort for the season
2. Avarillo, DWZ and Thompson seem to be getting better and better under Baz.
3. Cotric had easily his best game this year yesterday .
4. Baz actually represents our club excellently at press conferences and interviews. The behaviour of some of the others is shameful and would not be tolerated in any other industry.

IRON AIDEN

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The postives are there is no relegation , we would be in nsw cup if soo

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
See Scoooby, that’s the bit that troubles me. Everyone is talking up his recruitment but let’s look at the scoreboard.

Waddell; Trents pet and had only 1 solid game for us so far.
Cotric; recruited as a centre and on centre money and playing ok.. on the wing

Allen: recruited to be our fullback because DWZ is not the answer. Lasted 3 games and has been centre and wing.

Hetherington; Personally I am a fan but is undisciplined and if playing yesterday would have been sin binned, sent off, and on report all at once with probs another 8 weeks on the sideline..

Elliot; was instrumental in his re-signing and his efforts speak for themselves.

Yes he has Burton coming who wants a team to own and a fat paycheque. The Fox is also coming as he wants to be in Sydney and also a fat pay cheque.

Sadly the first 5 guys I mentioned would all benefit from good man management and coaching, but don’t appear to be getting it.

Add all this to the poor bench rotation and the lack of balls to stick and pick with players and I see a problem more with the coach than the players.
TBAZ legend. Wait until 22, nothing else you haters or unconvinced can do haha.!!!

I’m happy to wait. There’s the difference Bazil mate.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
TBAZ legend. Wait until 22, nothing else you haters or unconvinced can do haha.!!!

I’m happy to wait. There’s the difference Bazil mate.
All good Scooob, I’m not a Barrett hater at all and even though I was against signing him I have supported him and the club. But...I am certainly not a believer.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
All good Scooob, I’m not a Barrett hater at all and even though I was against signing him I have supported him and the club. But...I am certainly not a believer.
Nicely put mate, let’s just wait and see aye ;)

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We really need to recruit two big aggressive props. This will allow Thompson to play lock or edge
where he performs better.
Meaney had a decent game yesterday as well.
Are u for real,I lost count of the missed tackles,he can never beat his man,failed to pass with a 2 on 1 advantage,he and hoppa should along with Elliot,the first ones dropped,wakeham and averilo played well for the first time together.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Are u for real,I lost count of the missed tackles,he can never beat his man,failed to pass with a 2 on 1 advantage,he and hoppa should along with Elliot,the first ones dropped,wakeham and averilo played well for the first time together.
These basic school kid errors are just so embarrassing, where our guys cant draw and pass or fail to pass to team mates in the clear with the try line open.

Do they still all sit down together and watch the whole game side by side and watch each others stuff ups and get analyzed and picked apart by the coaching staff?

Or are they taken to a relaxing carpeted loungeroom, given their warmed socks and slippers, nestled into their special individually, ergonomically designed armchair, given their hot chocolate and shown a specially edited personal clip where they are shown they could maybe do a bit better?

Last edited:

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Only losing by 2. The halves performed better than any other combinations this year. No perfect but asked more questions from opposition defence. Made more cleans breaks than most games, but could not finish them. If we had iced them, would have gone much closer to winning.
The game plan was to keep going up the middle. Raiders are brittle due to their big men tiring and dropping off with quick ball plays. As soon as we made a break up the middle, the plan was to keep going through the forwards, and go hard. What did we do after a line break? - pass it out along the line where their big centres and wingers had it all over us.

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
These basic school kid errors are just so embarrassing, where our guys cant draw and pass or fail to pass to team mates in the clear with the try line open.

Do they still all sit down together and watch the whole game side by side and watch each others stuff ups and get analyzed and picked apart by the coaching staff?

Or are they taken to a relaxing carpeted loungeroom, given their warmed socks and slippers, nestled into their special individually, ergonomically designed armchair, given their hot chocolate and shown a specially edited personal clip where they are shown they could maybe do a bit better?
Spot on,it happened 2 times that I remember one Hopoate players on either side and takes the tackle,Meaney on the 20 with a 2 on 1 comes back inside and gets hammered,draw the man pass and 6 points,instead zilch nothing,at this level not good enough.

Rockdog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Thought Avo and Wakeham offered more variety than Floppagan. Our attack looked better, especially liked how when nothing was on, they took a hit up rather than a dump off to a forward. Ok - more experience and we close this but given it was the first time Avo had taken the reins and Wakehams first game back in the top league for yonks - it wasn't as if they were a disaster. They'll be better for the run together.

Hoppa has been a debacle but thought he was offensively better. Yes, could have had a few tries if he offloaded but I'd rather he took a tackle than chance a 50/50 ball after making a break. Have to remember he's been at FB for years and has only just shifted back to the centres with a new half inside and a new winger outside him. I'm willing to give him a 'lets see how this goes' over the next few weeks.

Backs, could see Cotric wanted this one and busted a nut. Meaney is a solid FB'er but is he a 1st grader, no idea. DWZ tries hard but I don't want our FB chiming in out wide, he needs to be making runs off the forwards through the middle.

Forwards are ok but still getting pushed around a bit by the bigger guys. Katoa#9 was an improvement on recent weeks (off a low base). Deitz is ok but isn't really a game changer.

Walked into that game thinking Wighton would carve us up - hardly saw him all night.

Otherwise, other than some average execution down the stretch from some close to rookie halves, Hodgson getting a dodgy 6er holding Avo down and Adam Elliott being alive - we would have won this by a doz.
Hoppa just couldn’t set it up for Cotric. At least 3 times. And he did try to off load to Cotric, and it went astray.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
So, you recommend that Thompson be dropped? Are you for real?