Pope Francis resigning?

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
And i fully oppose forcing the church to marry same sex couples under their faith.
Don't know if you remember but that was my only concern with that SSM vote.

The government didn't completely confirm that churches won't be forced to perform marriages until after the vote.

Sure as Christians we want to save people from evil but the truth is you can only help those who want help. If they don't want nothing to do with religion then that's up to them. I'll live and let live until someone reaches out.

Otherwise I'll just concentrate on my narrow path.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Don't know if you remember but that was my only concern with that SSM vote.

The government didn't completely confirm that churches won't be forced to perform marriages until after the vote.

Sure as Christians we want to save people from evil but the truth is you can only help those who want help. If they don't want nothing to do with religion then that's up to them. I'll live and let live until someone reaches out.

Otherwise I'll just concentrate on my narrow path.
It wasn't handled very well by anyone. The concern was raised at the time and it was generally accepted that Freedom of Religion would protect churches, but most wanted an extra level of protection.

The problem was that rather than putting forward a bill that said, "Churches can't be forced to marry gay couples", instead they put forward a bill that said, "Churches can't be forced to marry gay couples, and any religious organisation can fire anyone if they suspect them of being gay, and we can openly abuse people for being gay without repurcussions, and all businesses can refuse to serve gay people"

If the government kept it to the problem at hand it would have passed and gay marriage would have passed and everyone would be happy. Instead we ended up with a mess.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don’t forget the open air 12 man hug..ie the scrum..
I might add that Rugby has outdone us they have 16 huging each other in their scrums.
Mind you I don't think that one of my favourites the late Noel Kelly packed in the scrums intending to kiss any of the opposing forwards.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I might add that Rugby has outdone us they have 16 huging each other in their scrums.
Mind you I don't think that one of my favourites the late Noel Kelly packed in the scrums intending to kiss any of the opposing forwards.
Maybe a liverpool kiss!

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe a liverpool kiss!
I don't think he used the Liverpool kiss, at least never heard of him doing it, I remember him carassing opposing players with his right fist.

A bunch of men in dresses is gay? You know what's really gay? 26 men on a stadium field running at each other so they can grope each other whilst thousands of people cheer on.
I haven't yet seen 26 players running onto the field in female dresses. But my guess is that, that type of gay behaviour would be acceptable to the Catholic Church,
I'm sure the Church's main concern is with practice of sodomy

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I don't think he used the Liverpool kiss, at least never heard of him doing it, I remember him carassing opposing players with his right fist.
Lol.. You do know what a Liverpool kiss is Kelpie?

And hey what happened to turning the other cheek

Last edited:

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is not a singular view from members of the Catholic Church, as with any perspective there are many shades of opinions which are guided by experience, culture and knowledge. I am quite progressive when it comes social issues because of my work and family connections to LGBTIQ people.

Your comment about the Vatican is accurate but could be applied to all powerful entities, from the judiciary, other faiths, big business, govt departments etc.

Your comment about worshipping at the altar of paedo protectors is inaccurate... the altar is where the eucharist is consecrated. There is no worship of clergy within the Catholic faith. The disrespect in your comment is not helpful to any dialogue or an expectation that you will get a response from whoever you were talking to
There may not be a singular view from within the parishioners of the catholic church, but church doctrine and dogma is dictated by the Vatican. Think about that, the same corrupt, criminal, evil men protecting paedophiles are deciding the principles and guidelines for the catholic church. And what are those Vatican doctrines regarding paedophiles = hide the facts, obfuscate the truth, protect the church at all costs and condemn those that criticise the church. What is the Vatican doctrine regarding gays and transgender people = persecute them for their beliefs, condemn them for who they are, alienate them and refuse them rights other people have.

These are two doctrines Kelpie follows to the letter. If "worshiping at the altar of paedophile protectors" is too harsh for your sensibilities, then how about some Catholics follow the doctrine of paedophile protectors.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
There may not be a singular view from within the parishioners of the catholic church, but church doctrine and dogma is dictated by the Vatican. Think about that, the same corrupt, criminal, evil men protecting paedophiles are deciding the principles and guidelines for the catholic church. And what are those Vatican doctrines regarding paedophiles = hide the facts, obfuscate the truth, protect the church at all costs and condemn those that criticise the church. What is the Vatican doctrine regarding gays and transgender people = persecute them for their beliefs, condemn them for who they are, alienate them and refuse them rights other people have.

These are two doctrines Kelpie follows to the letter. If "worshiping at the altar of paedophile protectors" is too harsh for your sensibilities, then how about some Catholics follow the doctrine of paedophile protectors.
What a load of exacerbated pile of shit!

Do you even know what Church Dogma is?

Church doctrine and dogma were developed hundreds and hundreds of years ago, some were developed nearly 2000 years ago regarding matters of faith. I don’t think the 4% of pedo priests were even born when the last dogma was developed. Get your facts right and do a bit of catechism reading. The church doesn’t encourage pedo activities, it’s not an evil doctrine of the church. I’m not denying the evil or rotten apples in the church, but your misrepresentation of facts based on your misunderstanding of what Dogma is comes down to two things:

1. Either you have a massive chip on your shoulder the size of Ayers Rock

OR

2. You’re just stupid

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What a load of exacerbated pile of shit!

Do you even know what Church Dogma is?

Church doctrine and dogma were developed hundreds and hundreds of years ago, some were developed nearly 2000 years ago regarding matters of faith. I don’t think the 4% of pedo priests were even born when the last dogma was developed. Get your facts right and do a bit of catechism reading. The church doesn’t encourage pedo activities, it’s not an evil doctrine of the church. I’m not denying the evil or rotten apples in the church, but your misrepresentation of facts based on your misunderstanding of what Dogma is comes down to two things:

1. Either you have a massive chip on your shoulder the size of Ayers Rock

OR

2. You’re just stupid
Then call it guidelines and principles, morals and values, ethics and respect for the law if you want, I don't care, the facts are the Vatican, the spiritual and executive leaders of the catholic church are actively engaged in the hiding from prosecution paedophile priests. It is not the lie that this is just a few bad apples that you peddle and desperately cling too, it is the Vatican. The institution within an institution that has a long and sordid history of ensuring it is not held to account for its actions and here we are in 2022 and still it is ensuring it is not held to account. And this practice of protecting itself is not confined to the Vatican, 2021 the church in NSW tried to stop an abuse survivor from suing it even though its own records showed the priests had "a sexual interest in children which he was prepared to act on" and they just moved him from parish to parish when complaints were made.

And while the Pope stands up and apologies to the victims of church abuse, the church employs an army of lobbyists with the sole purpose to convince politicians to limit the eventual pay-out figure to those same victims. You may be able to ignore that hypocrisy, not me.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Then call it guidelines and principles, morals and values, ethics and respect for the law if you want, I don't care, the facts are the Vatican, the spiritual and executive leaders of the catholic church are actively engaged in the hiding from prosecution paedophile priests. It is not the lie that this is just a few bad apples that you peddle and desperately cling too, it is the Vatican. The institution within an institution that has a long and sordid history of ensuring it is not held to account for its actions and here we are in 2022 and still it is ensuring it is not held to account. And this practice of protecting itself is not confined to the Vatican, 2021 the church in NSW tried to stop an abuse survivor from suing it even though its own records showed the priests had "a sexual interest in children which he was prepared to act on" and they just moved him from parish to parish when complaints were made.

And while the Pope stands up and apologies to the victims of church abuse, the church employs an army of lobbyists with the sole purpose to convince politicians to limit the eventual pay-out figure to those same victims. You may be able to ignore that hypocrisy, not me.
Just get your definition of Dogma & Doctrine correct before you open up your big mouth. You constantly misrepresent with your arguments.
I really don't give two hoots what a cafe late sipping Rooster supporter thinks. There are many faults within the Vatican and I wouldn't love anything else more than for some worms to be exposed and eradicated. But the misrepresenting and use of the Church's Dogma and Doctrine is a straight out lie. Educate yourself better when presenting your arguments. Nate DAWG pulled you up on one earlier on and you have a MASSIVE habit of lie's mixed in with truth to embellish your posts. Take your hate some where else, maybe the chook pen would appreciate it more.

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just get your definition of Dogma & Doctrine correct before you open up your big mouth. You constantly misrepresent with your arguments.
I really don't give two hoots what a cafe late sipping Rooster supporter thinks. There are many faults within the Vatican and I wouldn't love anything else more than for some worms to be exposed and eradicated. But the misrepresenting and use of the Church's Dogma and Doctrine is a straight out lie. Educate yourself better when presenting your arguments. Nate DAWG pulled you up on one earlier on and you have a MASSIVE habit of lie's mixed in with truth to embellish your posts. Take your hate some where else, maybe the chook pen would appreciate it more.
Mate you're naivety and ignorance towards the extent of paedophile activities and their systemic cover up within the church is atypical of catholics. They would rather bury their heads in the sand and pretend it's only a "few bad apples". The mere existence of this treaty blows up any notion it is a few. You don't enact a treaty like this for a few, you do it when the problem is endemic.

Your grandiose statement "The church doesn’t encourage pedo activities, it’s not an evil doctrine of the church." completely ignores the fact that by providing protection for paedophile priests the church is advertising itself as a safe haven for them. Sure it may not be waving its pom poms to welcome them, but paedophiles are intelligent, cunning, scheming creatures who manipulate their environment to enable them to act on their sick desires. If you don't believe they could weasel their way into a priesthood desperate to increase its numbers you would be naive beyond help.

And you state you want these worms exposed and eradicated, well I don't think anyone on this forum was aware of this Vatican treaty before I posted it so you should be thanking me rather than trying to deter me, but like I said, atypical.

I do advertise these thoughts of mine in public by T-shirt. I don't do sewer media, I T-shirt and my latest creation is in the mail and I'll put it here so if you see it you'll know its me - "Vatican / noun - a cabal of criminals harbouring and protecting paedophile priests". Any catholics have a problem with that they can talk to me face to face and I'll be more than happy to discuss it.

So you keep posting the correct descriptions for ancient church history and I'll keep posting the correct descriptions for recent church history.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Mate you're naivety and ignorance towards the extent of paedophile activities and their systemic cover up within the church is atypical of catholics. They would rather bury their heads in the sand and pretend it's only a "few bad apples". The mere existence of this treaty blows up any notion it is a few. You don't enact a treaty like this for a few, you do it when the problem is endemic.

Your grandiose statement "The church doesn’t encourage pedo activities, it’s not an evil doctrine of the church." completely ignores the fact that by providing protection for paedophile priests the church is advertising itself as a safe haven for them. Sure it may not be waving its pom poms to welcome them, but paedophiles are intelligent, cunning, scheming creatures who manipulate their environment to enable them to act on their sick desires. If you don't believe they could weasel their way into a priesthood desperate to increase its numbers you would be naive beyond help.

And you state you want these worms exposed and eradicated, well I don't think anyone on this forum was aware of this Vatican treaty before I posted it so you should be thanking me rather than trying to deter me, but like I said, atypical.

I do advertise these thoughts of mine in public by T-shirt. I don't do sewer media, I T-shirt and my latest creation is in the mail and I'll put it here so if you see it you'll know its me - "Vatican / noun - a cabal of criminals harbouring and protecting paedophile priests". Any catholics have a problem with that they can talk to me face to face and I'll be more than happy to discuss it.

So you keep posting the correct descriptions for ancient church history and I'll keep posting the correct descriptions for recent church history.
Nah, you always post truth mixed in with lies. Others and not just myself have pulled you up on it. It's just pure hatred.
You have a massive chip on your shoulder, but the sad thing is there are many like you in society.

P.S you should get a Hat to go with your T-shirt

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score

I have this T-Shirt:

It's one of my favourites, but the Mrs hates it when I wear it in public. So I wear this shirt instead