Official Phil Gould to be the Bulldogs' new General Manager of Football

sifter6

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Well if Gould can't fix us then we are truly stuffed and will become the new 'Newtown Jets' in Reserve Grade.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
He said when at the Panthers it was going to take 5 years & it took about 10. We will be saved in about 30. :tongueclosed:
Took about 7
But also that involves turning the leagues club into a profit again which he did successfully

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yes I told you all when Barrett signed that
History 2024 our next grand final victory!

1974 lost to Easts 19-4 in Grand Final
1984 Beat Parra 6-4 in Grand Final
1994 lost to Canb 36-12 in GF (Meniga farewell)
2004 beat East 16-13 in GF
2014 lost to Souths 30-6 in GF
2024 ?

So every decade ending with a 4 we make GF!
Every 20 years we win it!!!

A bit of History for Nasheed 2 learn b4 he spruiks that he has supported the Dogs for 20 years.

There are many hear who have supported them for longer than I.

I live on the north shore & have supported by beloved Bulldogs since I was 6 in 1979!!!

Dogs till I Die!!!
Beware of the Wounded Bulldogs!!!

We will howl & Bark again soon!!!
Indeed. Some of us go back to the early 1950s, when Belmore was an oval.
Watching the club's rise from nowhere to Grand Final was so exciting. We came alive with the rule change from unlimited tackles.
I was losing interest with the 11 straight premierships to St.George, and putting up with their painful fans; but the rule change to four tackles brought the dull game back to life.
Funny that the latest rule changes have landed us at the bottom.
Maybe Gus can help, but I'll reserve judgement until he has a chance to perform. Had my hopes dashed too many times in recent years.

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Now this is good news. Well done Doggies.
Just love hearing him talk about the doggies just watched nine announcement

Last edited:

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is such an important role which has been vacant for some time.
Due credit must be given to A.W and J.K in bringing Gus back to our great club.
I have always said we need stability at the top , everything seems complete moving forward and the February elections should be without any in-house drama.
To all the faithful who have stuck solid we will see this club be a powerhouse once again.
Good luck & welcome back P.G

Last edited:

Gene Krupa

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Hansen isn’t the GM of football, his title is director of football culture or some kind of bullshit like that lol
Yeah I didn’t mean Gould replaces Hansen but more a token ‘C-19 has limited what Gould could do with the Warriors and what Hansen could do with the Bulldogs so Hansen being in NZ is now working with the Warriors’. Or not, the two may have nothing to do with each other and Hansen stays on in his mentorship role to Baz. Or maybe Hansen is quietly cut loose. I just see Gus as wanting to have control of the messaging about culture as well as running the football program.

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Took about 7
But also that involves turning the leagues club into a profit again which he did successfully
I very rarely agree with anything u say,but in this occasion very true,he did take longer than he said,but the club at the time was a mess,he set up the junior development,and are now one of the best run organisations in the country,he got rid of a lot of players with inflated wages and egos,and ran a very smooth organisation,He’s the right person to make the hard calls that are required.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
But Gus said there was no 5 year plan.

The real five year plan: Why Phil Gould is proud of Penrith but concerned for the NRL (smh.com.au)

So, what about Phil Gould's five-year plan at the Panthers? "There has never been a five-year plan. That's media gibberish," Gould fires back.

He is part of the media. So is he gibberish.
That’s mental gymnastics yo
Yo, he never said ‘5 yr plan’ hit taht it’ll take at least 5 years yo to get that shit right
And that’s what happened
It’s klinikal Kats like royhfirelctaht skewed it

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
I very rarely agree with anything u say,but in this occasion very true,he did take longer than he said,but the club at the time was a mess,he set up the junior development,and are now one of the best run organisations in the country,he got rid of a lot of players with inflated wages and egos,and ran a very smooth organisation,He’s the right person to make the hard calls that are required.
You should agree with me more because I am fly
But tahat him, he is ruthless.
My natural instinct is ‘he’s overpaid but doing good so meh’ but this homie is so ruthless he will get rid of you best player just because the composition is wrong.
Can expect someone like Cotric to get tapped for the same reason

My thoughts are soem of his clues would ne in his commentary

I legit haven’t had a tv in 3 years yo so I use my laptop and that only streams Fox but I ask you and others, what has he said about our players on tv?
You’ll gain alot of clues from his commentary Uleh
Has he made any off handed comments about our guys recently?

DogDays

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
then tried to rip our team apart in 1995, became heavily associated with the roosters the arch rivals of our team for many years, he was visibly disgusted at our 2004 grand final victory and mocked our style of play under steve folkes in 2007 which i think made us go in a different direction and lose our edge in the first place

he has had many nice sentiments on commentary about us and has had some respect but i think i remember more instances of him being very unfair to us and it feels like we have let an enemy of the club back in to claim victory on us and run us
He’s an overrated blow hard and unfortunately we will find out the hard way.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here's the interview on nine
Asise from utilising our junior base as well as we can, I'm pleased securing good young talent from the country again will be a focus. In years gone by we would have been the club that got Matt Burton to the NRL.

Last edited:

DogDays

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
You are going to be disappointed if thats what you are hoping for. Anything he does with the Warriors pathways will have Rugby League in NZ in mind as beneficiaries. You have to remember, Gus loves Rugby League, he want the whole game to be strong. As a Panthers fan there were a few things he did that weren't necessarily the best move for Penrith short term, but helped in a small way to try and make the game stronger as a whole.

He will do everything in his power to get you guys back to the Bred not Bought mentality which is the best long term strategy.
St Gus?

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You should agree with me more because I am fly
But tahat him, he is ruthless.
My natural instinct is ‘he’s overpaid but doing good so meh’ but this homie is so ruthless he will get rid of you best player just because the composition is wrong.
Can expect someone like Cotric to get tapped for the same reason

My thoughts are soem of his clues would ne in his commentary

I legit haven’t had a tv in 3 years yo so I use my laptop and that only streams Fox but I ask you and others, what has he said about our players on tv?
You’ll gain alot of clues from his commentary Uleh
Has he made any off handed comments about our guys recently?
Judging by his comments on our team,I can see the likes of Elliot,hoppa,and possibly jj out the door along with a lot of others.

Rockdog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
This is Massive for our doggies. No one has a better understanding or is as passionate about the game than Gould. I can only see great things starting to happen now for our club.