Phil Gould on Recruitment

KLil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Another Jai Field. Skipping around putting neat kicks in the NRL will not get you anywhere unless your a tenacious little *****... Kid is a princess.

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What I can't understand is that there were a few half backs on the market like Fogarty, Johnson, Reynolds, Hynes, Clune, Townsend, O'Sullivan, Taylor, and Hastings. Why didn't we attempt to get one of these.
Ummm...because we didn’t have the money to match the offers they received.?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
He fcuked up our 30 plain and simple... Not enough backrowers with skill in this team. Doorey and RFM injured dont help but even those too are hard running clueless ****** probably best suited to the middle too.
He fucks up a lot of things.

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh no doubt... This year was always about building for next year and beyond though these young halves aren't going anywhere until they learn something on field from an experienced half, more so for Burton than anyone else. The coaches know this and I believe they will fold under pressure and get somebody because they know they have to!
I worry that if Burton doesn’t get a decent half to play with he will head off for greener pastures at the end of 23

KLil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Apart from Burton, shits all over all our other halves options. But that’s just an opinion.
In attack fcuk yeah kid is a star... But man without D your nothing but a super league a lister.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
In attack fcuk yeah kid is a star... But man without D your nothing but a super league a lister.
:tearsofjoy: You sound like you are describing a fair chunk of our stating 17…

KLil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I worry that if Burton doesn’t get a decent half to play with he will head off for greener pastures at the end of 23
Its a worry no doubt but he will still have a decent line up around him with Mahoney and Kikau coming too and who knows who the FB will be as well.

Seems like a loyal kid, club just needs to keep looking strong for the future... We need a stop gap for a couple of years is all and hopefully by then one of these kids will come good along with the opening of the premiership window in 2024... :grinning:

Turvey Chip and Chase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’ve never been one or have I ever claimed to have any inside info in my 10 years as a member on the kennel, and I usually never mention anything like this weather I’m or not. but I’ve been told from a very good friend of mine who has some dealings with the club which I won’t go into details on.that this is Luke Thompson’s last year at the club and that we really went hard into trying to get rid of him this year.
I agree. I heard that also. I have a super close contact, but I hardly mention things because even the contact can be wrong if the plan doesn’t work. Doesn’t mean they don’t try, it’s just the plan falls through.

I know also that they tried hard to get Thompson off the books, but, they are not upset that he stayed either. They do know he’s a good forward, it’s just the $$ the previous board paid.

I also know Brooks was indeed on the radar once Johnson fell through.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I agree. I heard that also. I have a super close contact, but I hardly mention things because even the contact can be wrong if the plan doesn’t work. Doesn’t mean they don’t try, it’s just the plan falls through.

I know also that they tried hard to get Thompson off the books, but, they are not upset that he stayed either. They do know he’s a good forward, it’s just the $$ the previous board paid.

I also know Brooks was indeed on the radar once Johnson fell through.
Brooks was never on the radar, i know his dad

Turvey Chip and Chase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know the people that were working on the deal. It’s a fact he was in the radar.

Perhaps it got shot off before it made it to him?? I don’t know, but ai know there was discussions on how they could make it work.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I know the people that were working on the deal. It’s a fact he was in the radar.

Perhaps it got shot off before it made it to him?? I don’t know, but ai know there was discussions on how they could make it work.
He was never coming
Brooks made the stupid decision to stay with the tigers when he was offered to go the storm and learn of cronk.